Gainesville, GA

Posted May 12, 2014
Great school! My children love to attend Mount Vernon. Everyone is so nice and really cares about the kids!

Posted March 12, 2014
This school is amazing. All of the teachers push the students and they don't back down. The principal is amazing and loves to interact with the kids. All of the teachers love on the students like they are their own children.

Posted September 04, 2013
We are beyond happy with Mount Vernon Elementary school! The teachers and admin staff are caring, go above and beyond, and dedicated to their students. They are providing a solid foundation for a wonderful education. I can't imagine being anywhere else!!

Posted June 02, 2013
Sadly, a lot of the information about this school on this website is out of date (2006-2007). We relocated our family in 2007 due to my husband's employment and we were sorely misled about this school district. The teaching staff at MV is either dedicated or highly unprofessional, with the latter being the majority. On many occasions I would walk my youngest in only to see a classroom full of children with a missing 1st grade teacher who would walk in 15 minutes late. We mentioned it to the both the principal and asst. principal but it never was addressed. During parent teacher conferences one of my child's teachers was unable to tell me my child's current reading level, why test grades (taken weeks before) were missing, etc. She said she hadn't had a chance to catch up on things because of her kitchen renovation. In short, do not move here and expect a solid education for your children. By 2011, six families in our neighborhood had either moved back to greater Atlanta (where the districts are better), switched to a private school in Gainesville, or were being homeschooled.

Posted May 18, 2012
Our grandson has been at MVES since first grade and will be in the fifth grade this next year....a senior. This has been a great experience for him. As in any school there will always be a bully, the situation that involved our grandson was quickly taken care. The teachers are amazing and care for the students. The principal is awesome and works hard for everyone. From the Principal to the janitor, this school rates a five star and we are anxious to be threr for our grandson's graduating class.

Posted May 17, 2012
I had one child here K-5 and I have my second child now getting ready to enter 3rd grade so I have 7 years of working with this school and I have no complaints whatsoever. I am NOT a "highclass" parent and both of my children have had positive experiences with this school. ALL of our teachers have been amazing and helpful and seemed excited to be there. I've only met the principal and couple of times but she seems fine. I hope that this becomming a charter school will only help and not harm what Mt Vernon is. I look froward to seeing what the future hold for us here at this precious school!

Posted April 27, 2010
My son had his first year in Elementary School here and we couldn't be more pleased. The teacher's here seem to love their jobs and are truely dedicated to helping these kids learn.

Mount Vernon Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
It has some of the best teachers in the state of GA!!!! They are passionate about teaching our kids, not only from a educational standpoint but also about life lessons

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted August 20, 2009

Mount Vernon Elementary School
4844 Jim Hood Rd, Gainesville, GA  30506
Last modified Mount Vernon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Vernon Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top