Gainesville, GA

Posted September 05, 2014
This school is great. I am very happy I put my kids in this school

Posted April 27, 2010
Johnson High is one of the best kept secrets in Hall County. Their academic program is hugely successfu. The International Baccalaureate progam is outstanding. The graduates of this program are receiving scholarship offers from some of the best colleges and universities in the Southeast.

Posted April 17, 2009

Posted September 24, 2008
I graduated from Johnson High 27 years ago, and when we moved back to Gainesville, I wanted my kids to go there. I have been very pleased with academic programs the school offers, and this year the school began the IB program. Students who graduate with an IB Diploma will have a year's worth of college credits under their belts. The school is demographically diverse - both by race and socio-economically. I personally feel that this fosters a greater feeling of community and prepares students for the 'real' world after high school. The administration is top notch, and the faculty is the best in the county. I couldn't be happier as a parent, and I would recommend the program to any incoming family.

Posted April 06, 2008
As a former student of Johnson I would say that my 4 years spent here were decent in prepairing me for college. I've decided to take up education as a career and I had the pleasure of observing back at Johnson for 18 hour this semester. The changes that Dr. Gibbs has put in place are very evident and I'm very impressed with the current educational atmosphere. If you have the chance please suggest that your child gets put into the classroom with Ms. Tana Over. I feel that my historical education was incomplete at Johnson and I feel a small sense of envy for her current students. They really get a high quality education in the social sciences.

Johnson High School 2

Posted March 07, 2008
Even through the school is improving, it still fails by comparison to the other schools. The students don't seem to care about their education. Also, field trips that would help students learn are usually declined, although field trips for extra. classes are plenty and unneeded.

Posted February 28, 2008
the school is awsome. you dont hear of gang activity everyday like some people say. there are some good sports teams at johnson other than girls basketball like tennis, wrestling, and soccer. the whole 8 days and your failed is dumb its 8 unexcused days and as long as you bring a parent or doctor excuse its counted as absent. If you notice its just parents making the school sound worse thatn it is. the students like it or think its okay.

Johnson High School 3

Posted October 01, 2007
I believe that the new principal has implemented alot of new things and I can definetely tell that the Campus and the Building looks much, much better than before, but I, personnally do not think that Dr. Gibbs is a 'people person'. I have never seen hime smile, laugh or even talk except at the opening assembly.

Johnson High School 1

Posted June 04, 2007
Johnson High is a failing school compared to other local high schools. They will fail students that miss more than 8 days per semester even if their grades are passing and absenses are exscused. They do not offer alternatives to help once they enforce this policy. Your on your own.

Johnson High School 2

Posted March 11, 2006
Johnson High School is becoming into a very bad school. Everyday you hear about fights that go on, and gang activity is really high. Teachers don't seem to do much about it. They are very strict but it doesn't help because there is still a lot of mischief. As far as teachers go, they have improved. . In their extracurrical activities they have much pride. They don't have much impressive sports or extracurricular activities except for the lady knights' basketball team. Overall the school is turning into a bad school.

Johnson High School
3305 Poplar Springs Rd, Gainesville, GA  30507
Last modified Johnson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johnson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top