Gainesville, GA

Posted January 26, 2010
My son is happy & learning. What else can you ask for? Most the teachers care & teach real world values and education.

Chestatee High School 3

Posted November 05, 2009
I have been personally attending Chestatee for 3 years now and I have noticed that the Administrative faculty here has much more concern with test scores and keeping a good image of the school rather than caring for the students and their abilities. I doubt the new principal here will be able to help out this autrocity of a school and I believe it to be doomed becuase of low funding for true teachers and caring faculty.

Posted October 09, 2009
Chestatee is very clean. All the staff members are nice and willing to help with any problems you have! The school is so safe no one could be harmed. they also have drug dogs that come once every 2 weeks on random days and sniff lockers then they randomly go into a class room and sniff all the kids and bookbags to keep CHS a drug free school. I wouldnt want to go any where else! Ps: VERY little gang activity

Posted September 14, 2009
My Daughter attends CHS in Gainesville, GA. She has been mentored by fabulous teachers who go above and beyond their calling as teachers to see that my Daughter succeeds. Sarah was nominated by Senor Vonier, her Spanish teacher and won the Governor's Honor Scholarship last summer. She spent 6 wks living on the Valdosta State University Campus, studying Spanish and Architecture. Recently, she translated at the Cumming Ga State Driver's License bureau last wk when she took her Driving test. She was even able to converse with a lady who spoke Portuguese (which is a combination of French/Spanish). The opportunities at Chestatee are boundless if your child is willing to become involved. The Principal, Assistant Principals and teachers are hands-on in everything and use their talents (Dr. Sapp-pianoMr. Merck Stage Band for Drama) to enhance student opportunities. If only everyone did their jobs this well! Brothers

Chestatee High School 3

Posted August 21, 2009
While three of my children have attended Chestatee, the early years of the high school were much better than what is occuring there now. The leadership of the school has slipped with the current administration who seems to be overly interested in protecting the image of the school over protection of the students themselves. I would not be against my child changing schools if we find a better alternative. I would like to see the school board make a change in principal, the sooner the better.

Chestatee High School 0

Posted September 05, 2008
Chestatee High is the best school around. I could not ask for a better high school to have attended and now i am proud to send my brother to chestatee. Chestatee staff keep up the great work!

Chestatee High School 4

Posted August 06, 2008
This is a great school! I'm a junior this year, and I could not ask for a better school.

Posted May 29, 2008
I would agree whole-heartedly with the ratings that are given, all of them are very precise. I attended all four years of high school and I could not dole out anymore praise for the faculty and staff. Of course there were a few teachers that I ran across that I did not personally like, but the teachers that had garnered a consensus of dislike are now gone. Although there are 'clics', they are generally not based upon money, parents influence, et cetera. They are formed by the type of people and most of the time can be very fluid. I tended to float between many different groups and can say that the social setting can be very dynamic and opportunistic. The multitude of extra-cirricular activities are surrounded by a great atmosphere and programs that are building around good, many times great, coaches. Overall, 'Chestatee is the place to be.'

Posted October 12, 2007
I am very grateful to attend a school like Chestatee High School, it is simply the best school out there. The teachers are smart, dedicated, and care about their students. For the most part students are nice and there is a great variety of activities to choose from. Chestatee provides students with the tools to be successful, however, it is entirely up to us to use these tool effectively. I am super proud to be a Chestatee War Eagle!

Posted October 10, 2007
As a parent of a Chestatee High School student, I must say that I am proud that my child is a War Eagle. He simply would not miss a Friday night football game and frequently attends softball, volleyball, and other events just to be around his friends. The teachers care for him. Proof is that we were contacted when he began to drop in one of his classes. He also got a card in the mail from his basketball coach reminding him that he is a good player but he needs to work harder on his academics and get help if he needs it. Mr. Thompson has exhibited his dedication to the school by attending all or most of the events which take place after school hours. A time when most principles are home with their families. Chestatee High School is his family. Ku-dos to all at CHS.

Chestatee High School
3005 Sardis Rd, Gainesville, GA  30506
Last modified Chestatee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chestatee High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top