Posted April 24, 2013
Teachers are great and parents are involved. Both of our children have enjoyed attending Chestatee and made friends with some good kids.

Posted April 24, 2013
Office Staff is friendly and Administration is caring. I enjoy the Watch Dog program that gets Dads involved in the school. Chestatee is a great school with wonderful teachers.

Posted March 22, 2013
I don't know where that first comment came from, we just moved to the area and everone we have met at the school has been wonderful. The Office Staff has always greeted me with a friendly face and smile, and that includes everyone else, from the teachers to the maintenance group. Very Friendly. My son loves his teacher, the school and seems to thrive more since there is less drama than you would see in schools closer to the ATL..

Chestatee Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2012
i like the school overall but i don't care for some of the teachers who seem a little more stuck up and unwilling to work with parents. the office staff i have dealt with have always had their noses in the air but they treat almost everyone that way except the people they really know and are friends with. i have learned to ignore it but they could be a little more friendly and helpful. as far as education i think they do a great job. my kids love the school.

Posted July 05, 2012
WWe love chestatee elementary from the first second u walk in the door u r greeted by name with a friendly face. The staff is awesome and caring, the teachers are amazing and truly care.

Posted October 05, 2010
I have had 1 child go from 1st to 5th here, another child in 3rd grade now, and will have another here in a few years. I love it. We moved here from another county when my first son was in 1st grade. He had been excelling in all his classes at his previous school and was behind at Chestatee because the curriculum was more advanced. We have had 3 tremendously wonderful teachers and 2 good teachers. Will keep my kids here!

Chestatee Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2010
I have had 2 children at Chestatee and I have been more than happy with the education that they have received. My daughter is ADHD and the teachers & administration worked hand-in-hand with us to get her to excel despite her learning disabilities. Honestly, we've yet to have a bad teacher. If we do have a teacher that is a little lacking, we make up for it at home. There is little parental involvement which is sad. Parents working together with the admin & teachers is what makes for a successful school. The new administration is a breath of fresh air. She makes it a point to visit with the kids & learns their names. It isn't just THIS school that places importance on the CRCT. Unfortunately, that is something that trickles down from the STATE level.

Chestatee Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2010
I have had 3 children attend Chestatee. The first and second year I was simply amazed. My children were thriving, and had the best teachers I could ever ask for. The 3rd year, when my son was in 1st grade, he had a horrible teacher, when my concerns were expressed to the principal, it was actually the asst principal who contacted me back. In my opinion the teacher has no right to even hold a teaching degree. After speaking to many other parents who have had children in her class, they have said each year she picks out a few children in her class and just basically attacks them all year. I really hope this year with the new principal and staff, things will get much better. It is a public school - some teachers care and others just simply are teachers so they can have summers off.

Posted December 08, 2009
I would have to disagree with the comments that parent concerns are dismissed. For me personally all my concerns have been recieved and the school and I have delt with them with meetings and teamwork. My sons transferred to the school this year and it has been a great experience and every bump in the road we have worked through and modified a gameplan to better serve my sons learning potential. I would just like to say thank you to the teachers and principals.

Chestatee Elementary School 1

Posted September 07, 2009
I have three children who go to chestatee the teachers are great for the most part but the office staff look down on people who don't appear to have alot of money. The principle last year was the worst.I've considered moving to get out of this school maybe with new principle it will get better.

Chestatee Elementary School
6945 Keith Bridge Rd, Gainesville, GA  30506
Last modified Chestatee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chestatee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top