Bad
Good

the school is in a very poor county and lacks the technological adavantage of schools in larger systems. Teachers are overworked and underpaid and this results in poor morale among the staff.

GES is a good school, every school has faults. I have learned to be involved you have to involve yourself and make yourself known by teachers and staff. They do preach parent involvement, at first it didn't seem like they were excepting of my efforts to be involved but after much questioning, attending meetings, and being consistent about my efforts to be involved in my children's education I have a more positive outlook on this school and their policies. It should not be a forced effort to involve yourself as a parent in your child's school, however I know personally they are working at building positive relationships and being more acceptable of those that want to be involved. As a parent I encourage parents of children that attend any school in the county to attend any meeting that you are invited to and don't be afraid to tactfully voice your honest opinion ask questions. Outside of this I haven't had any problems or major issues I love my children's teacher and look forward to greater years ahead. As I mentioned before no school is perfect but I have seen GES and the BOE take steps towards improvement and as long as they are actively working on improving I am pleased.

I have had all great experiences with my son's teachers. I feel like the staff and administration truly care about my child and his education.

This school isn't a great school. There is little parent involvement, even though the school would love to have you believe otherwise. The biggest thing this school focuses on is fundraisers. Parents aren't allowed to go to field day. Parents are addressed with things that go on inside of the school, much is done without the parents even being informed of what is going on, including getting a new principal this year! Most parents do not like this school. I do not believe it is completely a staff/teacher problem like the teacher who commented trying to suggest was being said, but I also do not believe it is fully a state/government problem. There are LOTS of things the teachers/staff could do to better the school and parent involvement!

I would have to say that since the new principal has come into the picture, things at this school have changed quite a bit, for the better, however, I do have to agree with the parent who said that the teachers do not give adequate notice as to children who are struggling, I am hoping this too will change. This school is not the worst school my children have attended by far, being a military family, we have plenty of experience with this, and the teachers are eager to help, but I do believe the communication could be a little bit better. To the teacher who commented, I do not believe the parent is "bashing" the school, they are just stating their experiences with the school. Of course you would not state anything other than good things about the school because you are an employee, people are looking on here to get an objective view of the school from other people's experiences. All in all, I would say to any parent thinking of putting their child in this school, go for it, give it a chance.

I think you need think about what you've put here. GES is a great school!! Bashing it only shows how much you really know about it and the faculty who bust their behinds following the rules and regulations made up by this ignorant countries assanine government. It's not the teachers fault your child or any other child may be "lacking". It's the system. I should know.... I'm a teacher!! GES has had no full time principal due to a VERY SERIOUS illness she was and still is enduring. Now that the new school year has begun, we have a new full time principal, Mrs. Lisa Trim, who is absolutely AWESOME. I highly recommend GES to anyone who is moving into the area.

I am unhappy with how my child has fallen behind at this school. While the staff is very nice, I've been unhappy with the quality of educaition my child has been getting here. Every year every teacher for the last three years has been nice; however, they don't give you enough reaction time to events or things specificly dealing with your child's "performance" and then it seems like base off of the things they do send home they don't maintain their records very well when it comes to grades and class assignments (at least not with this teacher we got this year). We are looking at moving out of the area just to get into a better school .

This is an awful school!!! (I have 3 children tin this school)Each year, the school fails at the state mandated tests and they take it out on the children. Here it is 2 weeks before tests start and the school is already failing, so they take away ALL of the recess time, from Kinder through 5th grade. They serve leftover food at lunch/breakfast until it is all gone. My children have come home from school and complained that they were served the same thing all week. There is currently NO principal. She is out sick and has been all year. They have not replaced it, but have temporarily given the job to the Asst. Principal who CANNOT handle the duties this job entails nor is he appropriate for this age level. I am so dissatisfied with this school that we are currently looking to relocate to a school that will actually TEACH my kids. Thank God my kids are bright and are WAY ahead of the education that they receive here because I am able to supplement them with things and keep them on track in case we end up going back to the state we just moved from. There is more bullying by the teachers than there is teaching. My kids LOVED to go to school, now it's a fight to get them to go.

Last modified Glennville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.