Bad
Good

I love Griffin, but I don't recommend this school. If possible, enroll them into Carver Rd.

My son has been bullied by students and 4-5 TEACHERS since he began middle school in 2014. I have followed chain of command up to superintendent level. I have filed cease and desist letters against numerous students on my sons behalf. I contacted GA Board of Education to be told they have ''no control over local schools''. They are retaliating against my son because I'm so persistent. I will not stop until they try to change things. They have NO concern regarding the damage this is doing to my son. They do not follow through with any type of ''plan of action''. The teachesr turn blind eyes and deaf ears to what goes on in the classroom. DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD HERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!

CONSTANT BULLYING, THAT NO FACULTY MEMBERS SEEM TO SEE GOING ON IS ALL I SEE SO FAR THIS YEAR. There is also, a creep of a teacher making kids lick a lolipop as an assignment as he watches.

There are areas in which the school is very strong, but those areas are few. The music program (middle school) is wonderful and the music teacher goes beyond what is expected of him. There are teachers in the elementary school who are WONDERFUL, but the school itself is so lagging behind in so many areas. We came from Henry County and felt like we had to back-track. They have celebrations when they make AYP because that only happens 7 yrs or so ...

Cowan Middle has some excellent teachers and special education teachers. However, the female administrators at this school need to work on behavior and discipline of the students and need a stronger line of communication with the parents. Perhaps an all-male administration could enforce a stronger front and strict disciplinary actions that is needed at Cowan Middle.

My son has been in self contained classes the past 2 years and is now in regular 8th grade classes. He's having a difficult time, but with the help of his teachers and myself, i think he will be just fine.

This is a very nice and always clean school. They have really nice teachers there and they teach you all that they can. I have learned a lot at this school. They have some bad kids at his school but the teachers always do something about it. 8th grade, Andrea McCullough

I am really impressed with the teachers at Cowan Middle School. My son is in Special Ed and these past 2 yrs his teachers have been the best! They have gone out of their way to see that my son gets what he needs. Its not just the teachers in special ed either. All of his teachers are willing to stay after school to help the kids if they need help. They also seem to communicate among themselves, as I know they do with the parents, whether its by email, phone or in person. This is the type of teachers I wish all our schools had.

Last modified Cowan Road Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.