Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This is the worst elementary school we've been to. The staff here don't care especially the front office. Im hoping for a better year. Sad when you dont see nice or happy faces when you drop your kids off at school! I can't wait till we move to another area within columbia county!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

seems like they dont acknowledge new students and if you arent important they dont care for you.

My child has speech issues along with other developmental things. So it's difficult for my child to tell me what's going on. I come to find out that my child's teacher was threating to spank the children in the class! We have an audio recording of her. I can't understand why a first grade teacher would say this to kids! When I spoke to the asst principal about this, she said "I wondered if the teacher said that jokingly to the kids". The principal didn't have anything to say about the incident. So, I took my concerns over to the superintendent to let her know. She was sincere and apologetic and assured me she will find out what happened. My child no longer attends Grovetown Elementary. I have no idea what action (if any) was taken against my child's teacher. I was told the actions taken are protected as a confidential personnel matter but assured me that the issue will be "addressed". It's still unsettling to me. We also dealt with the special education department and with the speech pathologist. Mrs. Butler, Mrs. Baird, and Mrs. Harshbarger were truly amazing with my child. My child also spoke highly of other 1st grade teachers! Melissa, the school nurse is great too.

I think GTE is awesome as far as teachers and curriculum go. I have 3 kids there currently a son in K, daughter in 1st, another son in 3rd. Mrs. CAsh, Mrs. Hefner, and Mrs. Ribas you all are the absolute BEST of the BEST! The front office, however, is terribly UNPROFESSIONAL! They have NO sense of urgency whatsoever and will leave you standing there for 5 min or more if you don't stop them and ask for help. Then they act as if you are bothering them. I do think that the school could for sure use a good remodel. The school is very old and outdated. The PTO I have joined for the 3rd time and the first year was great, however, the last 2 years no one has called or reached out to ask for volunteers or kept me in the loop on anything. I almost want to get my money back. If you can get past the front office staff and the outdated building this is an amazing school. The teachers here actually DO care and it isn't just a JOB to them.

My son attends 2nd grade at Grovetown Elementary. We were nervous about him attending at first because it is in a low income area and is next to trailer parks, but it has proved to be a great school. His teacher is in regular communication and has helped us to effectively address some homework issues with my son. I eat lunch with him and the food isn't so impressive although they do offer a decent variety of veggies. The school has a small town feel and there is a strong Grovetown police presence. The teachers hug my son every morning when I drop him off, and I have noticed they are that loving towards all the children...the precious elem school he attended was not that expressive or warm towards students. My son is learning by leaps and bounds and we look forward to the new school building that is soon being built.

Excellent school with great teachers. We've had nothing but good experiences with the teachers & staff. Both of my kids love it & have excelled academically.

We recently moved to Georgia and my daughter has always been a good student. The office staff at the school are extrememly rude they act as if you are bothering them. The teachers we have had are lacking. I am not impressed, she is learning things she learned in 2nd grade and this is 4th grade. There is very little communication with the parents so make sure you ask your child how they are doing and check the homework. Go online and research the grade benchmarks. I am really dissapointed with the school and the level of education she is getting. The school is clean and seems to be focused on security so that is a positive but the playground if thats what they call it is a joke. The kids spend recess in the blazing sun with little to do while the teachers sit in the shade and supervise. They need a play structure or something for these poor kids! I am considering private school. I would re think sending your child to this school.

This is a great school. My child learned so much and aced the CRCT. The staff here encourages students to become self-motivated independent learners. They make students active participants in learning. In other schools all the focus was on the notion of conformity through uniforms and thought. I like that this school taught my child independent thought is a good thing, as well as challenging the students. I feel like my child does not want to be a follower now, but a leader. My child loves going to school and learning because the staff treats the children like they matter. They do not use the bare minimum approach to teaching. Educators here really care about what they teach and it shows. Way to go Grovetown! I am sad that my child is moving on now to middle school but I know the staff here has laid a solid foundation that will last in the future.

Grovetown Elementary is an awesome school. We are a military family & have had two kids here from K-4th. We moved here from NC 4 yrs ago & my oldest son was behind. The teachers really did their part to get him caught up. They also have a great jump rope team. Unfortunately, we are moving soon. We will miss this school so much!

Grovetown Elementary is a fantastic school! The teachers are amazing! Everyone seems to want exactly what we, as parents, want: the best for each child. We are military and are moving soon. The worst part about it, for me, is the fact the my children have to leave Grovetown Elementary.

Last modified Grovetown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.