Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My child is new to the school and there was an instance he had in class and if my child didn't give me any information I would be in the dark

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

You have to communicate and respond in order to lead. The principal on down. This school is supposed to have a new principal and I know that it will take some time but it is at the expense of the students when the teachers are not willing to do their job.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is no communication between parents and staff. The only person that has reached out is the nurse.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My child's teachers are lacking in the ability to teach.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

What homework? There are no spelling words, no reading assignments, no nothing.

I am not new to this school, one of my older children attended this school from 2nd grade up until she left for middle school. I have to say that I am disappointed with the staff, the curriculum and the overall makeup of the structure of this school. The home room teacher has not contacted me not once and my child is new to this school since we are military and are arriving back from overseas. It is a shame that not one of the staff outside of the nurse has a look of wanting to be in this building. The secretary was very helpful but not one teaches has sent any information home or contacted me. This is a shame. The curriculum is a guessing game because my husband and myself have not a clue as to what they are working on or what is going on in the classrooms. I wish we could move or PCS quickly.

This is the worst elementary school we've been to. The staff here don't care especially the front office. Im hoping for a better year. Sad when you dont see nice or happy faces when you drop your kids off at school! I can't wait till we move to another area within columbia county!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

seems like they dont acknowledge new students and if you arent important they dont care for you.

My child has speech issues along with other developmental things. So it's difficult for my child to tell me what's going on. I come to find out that my child's teacher was threating to spank the children in the class! We have an audio recording of her. I can't understand why a first grade teacher would say this to kids! When I spoke to the asst principal about this, she said "I wondered if the teacher said that jokingly to the kids". The principal didn't have anything to say about the incident. So, I took my concerns over to the superintendent to let her know. She was sincere and apologetic and assured me she will find out what happened. My child no longer attends Grovetown Elementary. I have no idea what action (if any) was taken against my child's teacher. I was told the actions taken are protected as a confidential personnel matter but assured me that the issue will be "addressed". It's still unsettling to me. We also dealt with the special education department and with the speech pathologist. Mrs. Butler, Mrs. Baird, and Mrs. Harshbarger were truly amazing with my child. My child also spoke highly of other 1st grade teachers! Melissa, the school nurse is great too.

I think GTE is awesome as far as teachers and curriculum go. I have 3 kids there currently a son in K, daughter in 1st, another son in 3rd. Mrs. CAsh, Mrs. Hefner, and Mrs. Ribas you all are the absolute BEST of the BEST! The front office, however, is terribly UNPROFESSIONAL! They have NO sense of urgency whatsoever and will leave you standing there for 5 min or more if you don't stop them and ask for help. Then they act as if you are bothering them. I do think that the school could for sure use a good remodel. The school is very old and outdated. The PTO I have joined for the 3rd time and the first year was great, however, the last 2 years no one has called or reached out to ask for volunteers or kept me in the loop on anything. I almost want to get my money back. If you can get past the front office staff and the outdated building this is an amazing school. The teachers here actually DO care and it isn't just a JOB to them.

Last modified Grovetown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.