Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

There are many teachers who don't really teach, and as a student that goes here, that a major problem, especially when it comes to tests and exams. Also, the administration often shows favoritism regarding the dress code. Males can wear whatever they please such as REALLY short short and tank tops, but when a female attempts to do this, that's an instant office referral, to change clothes. And lastly, the quality of my education has decreased due to the influx of students who feel the need to disrupt the class, then the teacher has to stop teaching, and ultimately we lose time for learning, which is the sole purpose for attending school. My opinion is possibly biased due to the fact that I came from Ohio, and Georgia's education system doesn't hold a candle to ohio's, due to the fact that there's more emphasis put on the success of the students, whereas here, some teachers have an "I don't care, if you don't care" attitude.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are a few good teachers such as Ms. Reeder (a.p world teacher), Mr. Shaw (science teacher) and Mr. Cox (lit teacher) but for the most part most of the teachers seem to dislike coming to school

Amount of homework: Disagree

The teachers often give many tests and quizzes and not enough homework for practice, which is detrimental to our gpa and the amount of time that is taken to have to reteach what should've been taught correctly in the first place.

Great programs, friendly students, supportive staff and excellent principal. Very military friendly. This school is a great choice if you have high school aged children.

We are a military family stationed at Fort. Gordon and were told to stay in Colombia County. This is a close knit community, a previous review stated if you are attached to one bad apple that your child is branded as a bad apple as well. That review was absolutely correct. My child has been bullied by a group of kid's from the ending of last year to currently now. Talking to the staff is pointless. We all know going into the office and pulling other children in makes it worse. For the mental health of your child, I'd choose another licstion.

Our children recently started attending Grovetown High. I have to say, the JROTC program is above any other. The Staff is very professional... you can see they love working and teaching respect to our children. I would like to see an improvement in their meal selection, my kids maybe have lunch once every two weeks since there are no options other than a main dish. Pizza gets categorized as a fruit! Sorry, but lunch menus need a lot of improvement. The building itself is well kept, and the community seems to be growing fast. I would also reccomend that the library gets a revised schedule allowing our children more than 15 minutes to complete any homework after school. We are a military family and move constantly so we had experiences with many High Schools and I am glad we found a good school for our children.

We're a military family, and when we moved here we had a few problems transferring some home school credits. Mostly, it was miscommunication with the counselor. Other than that slight hiccup, my teenager loves this school and the teachers.

this school does not meet proper expectations of parents nor students, where staff focuses on petty matters such as minor conduct issues and not educational issues such as teachers teaching abilities, class atmosphere and the concern of the students

If your child is associated with one bad apple, they will be branded as one also. They will judge your child and make it difficult for them to succeed. 90% of the teachers are there for a paycheck, and the school board does not care either. "Every student, every day" is total BS.

Being a military family can be tough at time, especially when its time to move. Grovetown High School's teachers & staff have been amazing. The teachers are there to teach & care about the kids.

Last modified Grovetown High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.