Bad
Good

The Teacher's are very involved with the students and parents. That is a very big plus for me.

This school is great if your child is a robot or if they were raised in this good ole' community. However, if your child is not one of the above, this school sucks. The teachers are not willing to extend their teaching skills to children with learning disabilities or struggling learners unless they have the above qualities. Instead, teachers at this school would rather harass the parents until the parents take them out of the school. Fortunately at the end of each school year there are open transfers.

I have had four children attend this middle school. Of all the the years of training the 3 years my children have spent at ECMS have been the most rewarding. The teachers at this school are more intersested in the students learning the subject matter and preparing them for high school than just getting through the required materials. The teachers take time to get to know their students. I have had teachers work individually with my child to make sure she is understanding the material. There are many extracirricular activities for the students to participate in. There is no drama or performing arts besides band and chorus which is a negative to me. However overall this is a great school with a caring staff and a diverse student body.

My son is in 6th grade this year. He loves it but of course what kid wouldn't love NEVER having homework. My son is smart but has always had issues with homework. I worked hard from 3rd grade until now to get him better study habits and such to prepare him for middle school. Only to find out none of the teachers give homework.....ever... All that hard work I did down the drain. It is now April and he hasn't had to do any projects or reports or homework... Nothing. Yet he maintains straight A's. I find this extremely fishy and I'm sure if and when my son gets to a place that requires homework he's going to have problems wanting to do it and turn it in all over again.

I am moving to Effingham mid April and believe this will be the school that my son will be attending. We are coming from Cherokee County, North Metro Atlanta. I would like some feed back on this school from any parents/teachers. I noticed there hasn't been any reviews written since 2006. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Last modified Effingham County Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.