Posted May 29, 2011
I recently moved to the area (Aug 2010) and was leery of moving my kids out of their Magnet Program at home to a regular program here in Effingham County. I am above impressed by South Effingham!! I love the school, teachers, staff and educational program!! My kids have been challenged and had a good time!! I love this school and I am looking to remain in this district!!

Posted May 16, 2011
I just love little South Effingham Elementary! I worked at the school for two years and it is the best! Exceptional leadership combined with the superior work ethic of the teachers and staff make it stand out in a crowd. You will feel truly blessed to send your child to South Effingham Elementary! GO Mini Mustangs!!!

South Effingham Elementary School 0

Posted July 15, 2009
My daughter just finished kindergarten. I am amazed at what she has learned this year. She was reading very well by the end of September and can now read anything she chooses. Her love of learning was nurtured throughout the year and she was challenged daily. The teachers are warm and friendly, and parents are made to feel welcome in the school at any time. This is an excellent place to learn!

Posted December 27, 2007
This is the best school. The principal and the teachers know almost every child by name. There are so many fun activities that they make learning fun. My children are doing great there and they love the school. My Kindergarden son is reading books and it is only December.

South Effingham Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2007
We moved to the Savannah area in October, 2005. My son started kindergarten in Aug. 2006 at SEE, and it is everything I could have wanted and more. We moved to a home in SEE area specifically so my son could attend this school. I mainly based my decisions on the test scores, which are outstanding. For anyone thinking of moving into this area, this elementary school is simply the best. Mrs. Christian and Mrs. Hartzog are such wonderful leaders, and it is obvious they care a great deal about all the students. I'm very happy on the decision I made to have my son attend this school - he is thriving!

Posted April 13, 2007
I have 3 children currently enrolled in SEE-2 in 2nd grade and 1 in 1st grade-and my experience thus far has been nothing but exceptional! We have had wonderful teachers who not only teach but LOVE their students. Mrs. Christian is an extremely dedicated leader and expects nothing but the best from her staff, students and parents. The parental involvement at SEE is comparable to that of any local private school. The children are also encouraged to improve reading by being involved with the Accelerated Reader program. Extra-curricular activities include the Quick-Think-A-Thon and Invention Convention. Academic excellence is the norm at South Effingham Elementary-home of the Mini Mustangs!

Posted October 09, 2006
I just want to say how great this school has been for my daughter over the last three years. Not only does the staff care about these children; teachers form friendships with their students. The children have a safe and caring environment; condusive to learning. The academics are phenomenal at this school! I couldn't ask for a better place where everyone is working towards the same goal. A better education for our children. Parent support is a strong element in the make up of SEE. Mrs. Christian is a wonderful principal and loves her staff and students. She very involved in the events and activities and the students achievements. WONDERFUL CARING TEACHERS, UNBEATABLE ACADEMICS, AND AMAZING STUDENTS that's what makes SEE ONE OF THE TOP 15 SCHOOLS IN GA. Thanks for all your hardwork, teachers, staff, students and parents. Mrs. Taylor, Mrs. Lynn & Mrs. Barbara are one of a kind!

Posted July 11, 2006
This is about the best public school education you will find in the surrounding counties. The principal is incredible, she knows the kids, cares about the teachers, and works hard to promote a positive learning environment. The teachers are so great. I have had two children go through this school and remain eternally in debt to the teachers who inspired them. In the past few years they have really worked hard on extracurricular activities, they have a great music program and an awesome media club. There are plenty of opportunities for parental involvement at all levels.

Posted January 08, 2005
This school is one of the best schools in southeast Georgia. The principal is always active in helping the children and knows there names. She is continuing to keep the school as wonderful as it was since the day it opened when I went there as a child. My son enjoys going to school and has loved his kindergarten and 1st grade teachers so far. The teachers are always kind, fun, and intelligent. Any activity the school has there is always a massive turn out of parents and relatives. So much that there are no parking places. The school is in a nice quiet country environment where you can be assured your child is always safe. I wouldn't want my son to go to any other school.

Posted July 19, 2004

South Effingham Elementary School
767 Kolic Helmey Rd, Guyton, GA  31312
Last modified South Effingham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Effingham Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top