Hahira, GA

Hahira Middle School 5

Posted August 12, 2014
My daughter is currently an 8th grader at Hahira MS. She has attended this school the sixth grade. (Previously attended the Elementary school as well and we had no complaints) WE LOVE HAHIRA! Best choice we've made as parents to move here. The children seem well behaved, polite and well mannered. The teaching staff is awesome! My daughter seems challenged academically. Her previous teachers seem to keep in touch with how she is doing as the years roll by. Great school, great community!

Hahira Middle School 1

Posted March 13, 2011
The asst principal gave my son ISS for defending himself. He was not the instigator. This kid has done this atleast twice before! Where are the adults? The coach wouldn't even listen to my kid when he tried to tell him what happened. Maybe if the would take a zero tolerance with the bullies then the good kids wouldn't have to defend nor "fend" for themselves! Poor leadership!

Hahira Middle School 3

Posted February 16, 2011
Honestly I have had my good times and bad times with Hahira Middle. Almost half of the seventh grade got sent to alternative school or YDC. There are students that do drugs and smoke cigarettes. The academics are good but if the student body as a whole is just preposterous.

Hahira Middle School 5

Posted August 29, 2009
i was a former student my name is ashley hardeman and out of the 3 middle schools i attended hahira was the very best. i miss all the great teachers and they really made learning more fun for me and help every student that needs it overall it is a great school

Hahira Middle School 4

Posted February 17, 2009
I am currently an 8th grader at Hahira Middle School. I have been here for three years, and I too, have my likes and dislikes about the school. Yes, the seventh and eighth grade lockers are too small, but sixth grade has bigger books than we do. they can't take their bookbags around with them either, but seventh and eighth graders can. So it's not that big of an issue. Lunch on the other hand, is not the best. i know our lunch ladies work hard, but the lunches aren't so swell. Some of the teachers talk about the students having bad attitudes, well some of the teachers do too. Our school has become a school of excellency, and a lighthouse school. I wouldn't say my school is horrible, but i wouldn't say it was over the top either. But it is still my school, and i love it.

Hahira Middle School 2

Posted November 27, 2008
I too, dislike Hahira Middle. Even though the gym has air conditioning, the school is too crowded. The lockers are too small and the school is very dirty. I've been there for 1 year and this is my 2nd year there. The teachers are okay, but the students are the most terrible bunch I've ever seen. Most are rude and breaks the rules alot without the teacher knowing. they are also pretty good liars. They never leave their cellphones be too. They always text when they are not supposed too. And the do it alot during connections!!! Now, we are getting uniforms and that is a real issue. Especially in the South. The school needs to lose half of it's students.

Posted September 09, 2008
I just recently relocated to the local Air Force Base here in town, and I enrolled my daughter yesterday in 8th grade. Of course I don't know much about the school yet, but I did want to make mention that the front office staff and teachers I encountered were very welcoming and polite. So far so good!

Posted August 11, 2008
Both my children attended Hahira Middle School - as good as a private school any day of the week!!! Safe school, safe town.

Hahira Middle School 2

Posted October 14, 2007
I do not like Hahira Middle School this is my second year here and I hate it. The air conditioner in the gym does not work, the coaches have put in two big fans to cool the students off. The lockers for seventh and eighth grade are two small. I cannot even fit my tote bag in my locker. The school takes in to many kids, just recently we received 5 students from West Side. In one of my classes I do not even get to take my book home because the school does not have enough money to buy everyone a book. Over all I cannot wait to go to high school and leave Hahira Middle School.

Posted August 14, 2007
This is a fantastic school that is innovative in teaching and cares about students. When you walk in the hallways and observe students in class you see that students are well behaved and actively engaged in learning activities. The standards and expectations for student behavior and learning are high in this school. Check out their CRCT Scores - they speak for themselves. This is one of the top middle schools in Georgia. They received the 2007 School of Excellence Award.

101 S Nelson St, Hahira, GA  31632
Last modified Hahira Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hahira Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top