Bad
Good

The teachers are great at the school. My children received a great education. Although, the principal will not acknowledge you when you pass her in the hall. Partiality occurs at the school to students who's parents are friends of the principal and teachers at the school. Also, the P.E. teachers who stand outside in the morning to recieve the children before school seem so unhappy. They never smile. To me this protrays an unfriendly environment for my children to be entering into in order to learn. Many people judge by the first impression that they have with someone and seeing this in the morning sets off a bad impression. This school could be great but some changes seem to need to happen to make it better. Maybe it needs to start at the top because the teachers and staff are a reflection of their administrator.

What a great school in a wonderful community. The teachers are top notch and they even have a program for gifted students. My kids love it here!!!

My child has had a great experience at HES! The school has a great small community feel, friendly upbeat atmosphere and hard-working teachers. Whenever I've had a concern, all I had to do was to write a note to the teacher or call for a conference. I even received a personal email from my child's teacher at the beginning of the year just to let me know that things were going well. The office staff are helpful and friendly. The administrators are accessible and helpful in working out issues. I would recommend this school to anyone!

I love Hahira Elementary School because it already receives awards and my child's teachers have been so patient and caring the entire time.

Hahira Elementary School has the best teachers, principals and children in any other school I have seen.

My children really like HES and for the most part I as a parent do as well. I have never really been impressed with the principle. She may be a good administrator but doesn't communicate well, if at all with parents. She will walk by you 100 times & never speak unless you address her first. I really feel she could make parents feel more welcome & acknowledge their presence.

Hahira has a wonderful academic program. They have a new math program using everyday mathmatics that really involves the child in hands on learning. There is a discovery program for accelerated children for grades K-5. The art and music programs are wonderful. The fourth and fifth grade have a chorus that put on fantstic programs twice a year. There is a very active level of parent participation and there are many oportunities for parents to be a part of their childs school. There are excellent overnight field trips for 3rd-5th grade (Jeckyll Island, Atlanta, Eagle Rock) that are very educational

I am a parent of a first grader at HES. The school atmosphere is very friendly and kid oriented. The teachers go above and beyond the call of duty to see all students achieve.

Last modified Hahira Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.