Bad
Good

Teachers care about The students and are very ingaged.. Secretaries and principal and vice principal are awful and don't care about the children. My child is falling behind in math and they are refusing to put her in the math steam class.. After I have been asking for over 4 months and gotten the paperwork in ahead of time. The staff refuses to allow parents to drop in on their child to observe there child in class with out prior authorization. For my child's birthday I got prior authorization and bought cupcakes for my daughters class. When I showed up they refused to allow my to take them to my daughters class I could not even go and visit the class.. If i want to visit my daughter class I am forced to take care of all the students. The charge the children to participate in any extra activity like pajama, hat or popcorn day.. This school is all about the money. I don't allow my child to participate cause I see all the low income student who can't afford to participate. This school just got a 250,000 dollars to convert to a charter school yet they are always asking for money from parents and it cost for ANY after school activity.. There are so many parents who are low income in this school and seeing the faces of the children who can't participate is heart breaking. They don't care about the students.. It is all about The money. The steam class my daughter is in didn't teacher any thing she didn't already know. This school needs a COMPLETE reviewed by the district.. I FEEL IT SHOULD BE CLOSED..

My son went to HES and he really did well there. The teachers helped him individually and made him feel special. As a special education student, he needed extra support and that is what they gave him. Now he is in middle school and doing fabulous! Thank you HES teachers!!!

I loved teaching at this school. It was like a big family and there is a strong community connection. Everybody worked together. The children reap the benefits when a school has such a positive atmosphere. This school has excellent teachers.

My child has been at Hampton for 4 years now, and we love it. The teachers he has had have been wonderful.

The teacher's seem like they don't care, and the principal has done nothing despite our numerous complaints. I'm now doing everything I can to get my kids into a different school for the 2009-2010 school years.

Last modified Hampton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.