Bible Baptist Christian School

Private | K-12

We are best known for fine arts, sports, academics.

Living in Hampton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $100,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Sweep tile

Posted November 22, 2013

As previous reviews stated this school is beyond narrow minded, and one of their only pro's would be that the students are well behaved but other than that unless you are exactly like them then you will most likely be looked down upon. Favoritism is shown among the kids that attend their church in both academics and also in sports. Your children will also not be allowed to express their selves or their interest unless it meets their standards.They also get way too personal with the families and children's lives, at some times it seemed as if they had no boundaries. Many of the teachers ridicule children about their personal interests if it is not something they know of or approve of. Most of the teachers and workers can be judge-mental towards the parents and students. They also sometimes punish students for things they do outside of school and as far as the education goes for the high school students it is ridiculous some of the classes are extremely difficult and near impossible to pass no matter how much you study. Many of the teachers do not offer extra help at all which makes it even harder. The fine arts program is also very restricted to their beliefs. I was not impressed.

Posted March 17, 2012

Our years with having children in both the elementary and high school at BBCS are almost over as our last child reaches 12th grade shortly. While there is no perfect Christian school, we have been impressed with this one and would recommend it to anyone! What a dedicated staff that truly loves the whole child! What an impressive Fine Arts program it offers! Everything from the sports program to the academics are done with excellence! Thank you, BBCS, for the impact you've made on our family down through the years! We will miss you but will continue to recommend you to other families!

Posted March 3, 2011

BBCS is an excellent school. If you want a school that first and foremost seeks to instill a love for God and a desire to serve God with their whole being, then this is the school you want. It prepares them to live godly in this present world but it doesn't shirk its responsibility in the area of academics. Students are able to develop their abilities in music and speech as well. The staff are dedicated and loving. I couldn't think of a better place to send my children.

Posted February 9, 2011

I enjoy my granddaughter calling me every week to tell me about school. It seems she has a well-rounded education with academics, sports, and fine arts. As a musician, I'm glad that she can take piano lessons and participate in band through the school. She constantly tells me about the regional and state competitions she enters and how well she and her classmates do. I'm very thankful for her education.

Posted February 2, 2011

I have been a parent of a BBCS student since 2000. I believe the quality of teachers that have been employed at the school are the highest. Each one that I have worked directly with have impressed me on different levels. The greatest quality they all share is their desire to see their students succeed. When one of my children are struggling, they are willing to work with them even after hours. As for Principal leadership, our principal has the same desire to see the students succeed. He is a great asset to BBCS. His door is always open and in all my dealings with him he is positive and works to get solutions. BBCS welcomes parental involvement and I have seen it on many levels. I believe the best way to see success in students is to be involved. In fact it is a must. It takes a team effort between home and school to make the difference. I am proud to be a part of BBCS and plan on all of my children graduating and going on to be positive assets to their communities and country.

Posted February 1, 2011

Our daughter has been at BBCS since first grade where her teacher created a love for reading. We really like the curriculum, BJUPress, which offers a wide variety of reading selections. Thanks, BBCS! Keep up the good work.

Posted January 30, 2011

This school's tuition is way to high for an education that is subpar. I found this school to be very narrow minded as others have mentioned before. If you do not act exactly how they do then it is a waste of time, because your child will have an unpleasant experience. Also, this school has a lot of petty rules. I was not impressed and do not recommend this school unless you want your child to be a cookiecutter christian with no individuality.

Posted January 28, 2011

I have a second grader and a K-5 student at the school. My wife and I have been thrilled with the atmosphere, the leadership, and the education. I would highly recommend BBCS to those looking for challenging academics with a Biblical worldview.

Posted December 2, 2010

I am a graduate of BBCS. They offer a well-balanced education with teachers and staff who care about the students on an individual level. They want to see each student reach their personal best academically, spiritually, physically, and socially. They have a small classroom size which encourages closer interaction between the students and teachers, and allows those who struggle academically to excel. In response to the below comments that the school is narrow-minded: BBCS does have strict rules that follow Biblical guidelines. The rules are not difficult to follow, and I never felt like the teachers were being judgmental or unkind in their discipline. I always felt like they had my best interest at heart. I was better prepared for college than many of my other college classmates. If you are looking for a great Christian education, this is the place for you.

Posted June 16, 2009

All five of my children have attended this school and four have graduated from BBCS. My last child is a senior. The school lives up to its theme, Different on Purpose. I highly recommend this school to anyone who wants an excellent academic education balanced with fine arts, athletics, and a strong spiritual emphasis in all areas of the school experience. There have been over 300 graduates and more than 98 percent of those graduates have gone to colleges all over the US and Georgia. I now have two grandchildren attending. If you are serious about a solid Christian education, then check out BBCS.

Posted February 17, 2009

Our child attended this school for a short time and I was very disappointed. This is a group of very narrow minded people with very little tolerance for difference. Your child will do well in this school only if your child walks, talks, and acts just as they do. Otherwise, you may not want to waste your time nor money just to have faculty and staff at BBCS critique and criticize your child daily concerning their every imperfection. We removed our child from this school and our child is now in another private Christian school in the area. Since being placed in another more welcoming and loving environment our child has excelled.

Posted May 9, 2008

We would recommend BBCS to anyone desiring kids that can, 1st, learn to glorify God with their life and be encouraged to do so, and 2nd, experience a quality education with a biblical worldview. Our kids get a well-rounded education-academics, fine arts, sports, socialization, and 'religion' - all in a loving, caring environment. You may not find all of the guidelines that BBCS has at other schools but it is refreshing to have them introduced to the next generation and see them held accountable for them. They will someday have bosses, careers and organizations that they align themselves with that have different convictions. Part of their education should be in how to submit and obey authority if it doesn't contradict the Bible. We know that Bible Baptist is preparing our kids for life and their post high-school education in the best possible way.

Posted June 23, 2007

My children have attended BBCS since 1993. Three have graduated, one still attends. I believe this school is well-rounded, the teachers care about the students and job performance. The principal is very involved in the student life, both elementary and high school. I would recommend BBCS to any parent who wants to educate their child in a Christian environment.

Posted June 18, 2007

This is a wonderful christian school that is great in getting the parents involved. The teachers are excellent and I wish I could still go there. The kids are friendly. Everyone is like family unlike all of the large public schools around henry county. The school might be strict on some issues but it is very helpful with teenagers to have the rules laid out.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 21, 2007

This is a good school. Biblical training is incorporated in every area. Teachers care about the students. There is a growing fine arts program, and many sports opportunities. I am glad my children are a part of it.

Posted April 3, 2006

My child attended this school briefly. It is a good school for some, but I would not recommend this school. It is very narrow minded with it's views and cultures. I think the school is hypocritical.

Asian 6% 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation Bob Jones University
Pensacola Christian College
Maranatha Baptist Bible College
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Arts & music

• Community college courses
  • SAT/ACT prep classes
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses
  • Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Timothy R. Lee
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Extended/longer school day
  • Part-time study
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS
Fax number
  • (770) 946-4715

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Independent Study

Performing arts
  • Creative writing
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Bob Jones University
Pensacola Christian College
Maranatha Baptist Bible College
College preparation / awareness offered
Community college courses
College prep programs/courses during the year
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges
College presentations or information sessions
SAT/ACT prep classes