Hampton, GA
Students enrolled: 1,147

Dutchtown Middle School 2

Posted January 08, 2015
My child is new to the school, and complains a lot about students constantly interrupting the teachers or misbehaving in class which takes time away from the overall learning/teaching. I think the school itself is good, but some of the students just don't seem to care about their work, and this, personally, starts at home. Teachers should have a passion for teaching and be able to convey this to the students, and hopefully create a better learning environment. Remove the students from the classroom who continue to show they don't care to learn, they are distracting and create a poor learning environment. Teachers, parents, and students can help to make DMS a better place!

Dutchtown Middle School 4

Posted December 05, 2014
I am highly concerned at some of the reviews I just read, as a parent to call children a bunch of hoodlums, is highly concerning. I also wonder about the demographic of some of these underrated reviews, especially in a time where race in this country has become a topic of prevalence. As for my child's experience he is excelling and loves his learning environment. I challenge those parents that have significant issues with the school to self-reflect with oneself regarding their real issues with the school. I have found my chances to be involved in the school, in addition teachers have been very accessible to parents. Lastly, for the teacher that said they hate this school you may want to consider another profession.

Posted October 11, 2014
I Hate This School, And What's Sad Is That I'm A Teacher! 1 Star Only!

Dutchtown Middle School 4

Posted May 14, 2014
The teachers not only are committed to excellence, but they are committed to helping children engage community life!

Posted February 23, 2014
This school is horrible! I wish they would let you put negative stars but they don't. My daughter comes home everyday telling me about how many fights between children go on there. That is very unacceptable! And the parent involvement is 0; they only let you know about something if it's about your child doing something destructive, harmful, dangerous, etc. Plus they principal is never around to resolve your issue. The teacher quality is ok; my child learns everything she needs to but they don't pay attention to the children at all, and they let them run amuck! My daughter once told me that the teacher was teaching and there was a kid who sat by her and was touching him self. This is ok to the school? Well it maybe fine in their standards, but not in mine; as soon as we can Im pulling my daughter out of this school.

Posted December 06, 2013
As all the other posts have said, the communication between teacher and parent is nonexistent! When you call the office you are never able to speak to anyone that can actually help you, you can only leave a message that will never be returned! The bullying is absolutely ridiculous and my child is afraid to speak up for fear of retaliation. A school full of hoodlums is absolutely correct! I will be doing everything I possibly can to get my child out of this school and somewhere that is actually conducive to his successful education!

Dutchtown Middle School 5

Posted August 14, 2013
My school is awesome they let us have a good learning inviormentv and the teachers are sooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo nice and they keep us safe and they also let us be social

Posted March 07, 2013
Can we give negative stars? No books (unless you purchase them), fees for everything, teacher communication with actively involved parents is virtually nonexistent, and I could keep going. The school is more interested in ensuring that your child tucks their shirt in rather than the quality of their education. My advice, research this school heavily prior to enrolling your child. There will not be another year at Dutchtown for my child.

Posted February 06, 2013
I regret moving into this school district. The school doesn't even have books. Each student is responsible for making a binder of handouts from which to study. Teachers don't keep parents informed and my child doesn't feel safe at this school. It is full of a bunch of hoodlums.

Posted October 01, 2012
We are sorry we moved to this area after relocating to Georgia. The teachers seem to be great, but the student body is mostly thugs who are downright rude. My child has always looked forward to school, now she doesn't even feel safe. The principals are never around when you need them..the place is a zoo! We heard such good things but then right off the bat we found out the hard way. Should have listened to parents--not the school officials. No wonder! They will always brag up their own schools to make it look good to people who are new. We are pulling our child out at the first opportunity.

Dutchtown Middle School
155 Mitchell Rd, Hampton, GA  30228
Last modified Dutchtown Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dutchtown Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top