Bad
Good

Hawthorne Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2016
My daughter always complain about fights at school and on the bus! her grades dropped so I called her 4Th-grade teacher she told me she has 60 children she cant keep up with them all!!! REALLY!! My daughter has been A/B honor roll since she started school.

Hawthorne Elementary School 1

Posted June 24, 2014
This school did not meet my expectation. The two assistant principals are just getting a paycheck....not even working. kids are unruly and the school has lots of bullies.

Hawthorne Elementary School 1

Posted January 18, 2014
I hated hawthorne elementary im in 8th grade now but I will never forget me experience there. I was bullied and tormented by my peers there . when I get older I will never send my children there ( your better off home schooling)

Posted August 02, 2013
As a father of two children of Hawthorne, I must say that this school has exceeded my expectations for their success. The administration is very professional and personable. I do wish that the school had an 'performing arts' component, however, they do provide extracurricular outlets for the kids.

Posted October 12, 2011
Awesome school.Both of my children have passed through this school. The teachers are wonderful, parent involvement is unbelievable. I am very very happy that my children were so happy here

Hawthorne Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2010
The only problem I have with this school is that the diversity is lacking in reference to students and teachers. Otherwise, I have no problem with the academics. My son has ADD and PDD-NOS and he has done very well academically. He will be in first grade next year. My only hopes is that he continues to have teachers who are patient and understanding. I don't think this would be a problem though.

Posted January 14, 2010
Hawthorne is an academic catalyst for my two children. They have both excelled brilliantly. The teachers thus far have done an excellent job at progressing them to their fullest potential. I am a strong advocate of education, and pleasantly surprised at such a program in the public school system.

Hawthorne Elementary School

Posted February 25, 2009
I am not impressed with this school nor am I impressed with Clayton County. Poor administration and poor staff. No Diversity!!

Posted January 03, 2008
Hawthorne elementary is a wonderful school. The office staff and the teachers are all great. I have 4 children in that school and I can say I know 98% of the teachers there.I am very active in the school. I know some clayton co. school are not making AYP, but this one is.They work with your child if they are gifted and not so gifted also.If you want your child to be an excellent student this is the place to be.They also have a mentor program for girls and boys that meet twice a month.This school should be rated a 10.

Hawthorne Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2004
My grandson has attended Hawthorne since kindergarten. My grandson has ADHD. I have had to be present at school for many unpleasant situations, for me, my grandson and the staff. The thing I appreciate the most is that the staff worked with us. We are managing the ADHD, my grandson is doing great academically. ADHD is a silent disorder, there is no physical impairment yet sometimes it is bigger than the child and maybe the adults involved also if they don't take the time to learn about the disorder. We have been very fortunate to have professionals at Hawthorne that was willing to to take the time out and learn about this disorder. I pray that we will continue to be blessed.

Hawthorne Elementary School
10750 English Rd, Hampton, GA  30228
Last modified Hawthorne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5