PK, 8|Private

Bad
Good

SJE is an excellent school and has been the best decision for our son's education and spiritual maturity

this school has many advanced educators trying hard to keeping the children advanced while offering a classical, faith based education.

St John the Evangelist is the best decision my parents ever made for me. As a new graduate from here I am very proud of how my school grew for the past ten years I went there. If it wasn't for the amazing diversity of SJE, challenging academics, loving teachers, and family like atmosphere, I wouldn't be in the great position I am today. SJE truly live out there motto of reverence,respect and responsibility. If i was a parent I wouldn't just send my child to SJE just for the athletics or academics but because in the end I know he/she will become a great person morally due to SJE great value.

This school is a hidden gem! The teachers, administration and staff are absolutely wonderful. It is very rewarding to see my daughter grow and learn in such a nurturing and caring environment with excellent academics as well.

We are not Catholic and I was a little apprehensive when we first considered sending my daughter here. It was a decision I am grateful we made every night. Very nurturing environment, excellent teachers, very committed faculty and staff. It is very impressive that even in the middle school students, academic achievement is valued. A third of them try out for the math team. I was not surprised that the school was designated a Blue Ribbon School for a second time in 2010, it is an outstanding institution.

My children are in their 6th year at St. John. Is it perfect? No. Is it wonderful? Absolutely. The fact that the values we are teaching our children at home are reinforced at school is so important to us. They learn core acdemics, art, music, Spanish, PE, and technology during the day, and have numerous enrichment opportunites, such as dance, art, music, cooking, crochet, and karate during the after school program. Families are required to volunteer 25 hours per year, and there are ample opportunites to do so, both during the school day and at home. Additionally, parents, grandparents, or family friends may volunteer to elp a family reach its goal. The Christ-centered, family-like atnosphere at SJE makes our family feel loved and part of a larger community.

The education technique is a solid one, as a Catholic school education traditionally is, but we decided on a larger Catholic school in the area because SJE has extremely large class sizes, very atypical of the size of class you should find in a private school and more typical of the number of students one would find in a crowded public one. 28-33 children per teacher (+ a teacher's aide) may be acceptable for some but our child has always been in a private, faith-based education system and his class sizes have never exceeded 16. For the cost, it was much easier to find a larger private program with more manageable class sizes (20-22) that don't spread the teacher so thin. The staff explained to me that this must be done from a budgetary standpoint; the quality of my child's education is of more concern to us than their budget.

My children attended this school. What a wonderful choice we made! Our boys were well prepared for high school due to the excellent foundation they received at this school. The school nurtures a safe, faithfilled, academically challenging school enviornment. There is a true sense of 'family' at this school.

Our children attended this school for a few years. In retrospect, it was one of the worst decisions my husband and I made. The teachers and headmistress do not always exhibit compassion to the little students. Our children attend another school now and are thriving.

My son just finished his first year at SJE. This is a excellent school. We are not catholic, but Christ is the center of the whole school. Yes it does cost money, but the education my son has received is well worth it.

Last modified St. John the Evangelist Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK, 8