Harlem, GA

Harlem High School 3

Posted February 13, 2014
Moved to Fort Gordon with husband's PCS and chose Columbia Co. Schools over Richmond Co. because of test scores. Chose Harlem High school over other Columbia Co schools like Greenbriar & Lakeside because there is absolutely no diversity and as my children we raised on Fort Bragg, DOD schools, they wouldn't know what to do without any. People were friendly, this was prior to the creation of the HS in Grovetown, which worked both for and against Harlem High as it took some of the classes with it thus limiting the range but also making for smaller class sizes. Negatively, my youngest, an avid reader of Sci-Fi was somewhat perplexed when asked if she were reading a dictionary when clearly she was not. Perhaps, they were joking. They do seem to be a close knit community-- with the positives and negatives that go with it in every sense of it-- to include the school which would depend on your child, how they acclimate, and how adjustable they are as well.

Posted August 22, 2013
My child just transferred to Harlem, but it seems to be a great school. Very impressed so far.

Harlem High School

Posted March 27, 2009
After being rezoned reluctantly, I have found that HHS is a great school. My children are thriving and are enjoying their education. They have been welcomed with open arms.

Posted March 26, 2009
I am a freshman at the school. I feel really safe here. The teachers are and they help me when I need the extra help. I hope one day my child will attend HHS.

Harlem High School 1

Posted October 28, 2008
Check out the Georgia BOE web. This school in my opinion is not providing the quality of eduaction that our children should have.

Posted June 16, 2008
The only thing that kept me in school up to now is the harlem high dramma program. Which is the best in columbia county.

Posted May 28, 2008
As a proud parent of 3 HHS students- 2 which have gone on to and graduated with honors from UGA, I have nothing but praise for this school and its faculty. It is a small town school that cares about the children and I have always felt welcomed there. Those who oppose this school evidently have had children who can not abide by the rules- HHSis very strict and beieves all students can learn and if the student wants to act up- HHS throws them out. Way to go!

Harlem High School 1

Posted May 01, 2008
Harlem s principal Mr. Griffin doesn t due his job when it comes to problems in the school ! The saddest part is the students and parents suffer when an injustice is done due to lack of accountability. I would not recommend this school if you have a child that you care about and want to get a good education. The cost of a private school is well worth it when it comes down to the mental, social and educational benefits for you child. If you want your child to suffer in these areas right from the start then by all means disregard this and enroll your child.

Posted April 27, 2008
Harlem High is a great school! They have great values and I love the school. I go to Harlem now and I am involved in many activities. There are many oppertunities to suit anyones intrests. Harlem is an overall awesome school :)

Harlem High School 4

Posted October 30, 2007
I am a parent who came from NY, if I were to compare the schools there with HHS, HHS is far better. The only problem I have is that some of the teachers do not update their i-parent. I have had to get stern with my child thinking that she is failing a class when actually she is passing it.

Harlem High School
1070 Appling Harlem Rd, Harlem, GA  30814
Last modified Harlem High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harlem High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top