Mcbean Elementary School 5

Posted November 12, 2011
Although some parents might not realize this, I do. This school is one of the best elementary schools in Richmond County.

Mcbean Elementary School 1

Posted October 31, 2011
I did like this school for the most part for the first few months my children attended. Some of the teachers are amazing, others (one in particular) make it so horrid it seriously brings the entire school down in my opinion. Hopefully, no other students have to suffer under her.

Mcbean Elementary School 0

Posted January 26, 2010
I agree with the other parents, most of the teachers are great and as stated in other parent reviews some teachers need to retire because of 'burn out!' I strongly agree that the principal is absent more than present. I am so glad this will be our daughters last year.

Mcbean Elementary School 0

Posted August 01, 2009
I don't like this school. The principal and counselor are very unprofessional women. All they do is walking around trying to be in your personal business!

Mcbean Elementary School 5

Posted May 02, 2009
The teachers at this school are awesome. My son loves the school and his teacher. He is in kindergarten and is already reading. Everyone at the school seems to really care about my child.

Mcbean Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2009
This is the first year my son has attended McBean and so far I am happy with the results. He loves his teachers and many of the other staff members. I have found the staff members to be very helpful. If I have any complaint it would be for the morning drop-off crew to be as nice and friendly as the afternoon drop-off crew, those ladies are so nice.

Mcbean Elementary School 1

Posted October 16, 2008

Posted August 31, 2008
Teachers for the most part are good but some are approching burnout and lack of support from adminstration to parents to school board. Other professionals such as the principal and school counselor seem to have forgotten they are in the the kid buisness. There is not a whole lot of compassion for any children at McBean. Other staff like front office, nurse, janitors, and lunchroom are always friendly and helpful.

Posted August 10, 2008
The Pre-K-2nd teachers are awesome! My child had a 2nd grade teacher that lovedto teach and made it very interesting for him. The school never seemed like a school, it seemed very stiffled and I always thought an elementary school was a place to grow. Growing creatively is not encouraged outside of the classroom.

Posted August 09, 2008
Some of these reviews are right on the money. Most of the teachers are excellent and will go above and beyond for the children. They do not have the support of the administation though. The principal misses a lot of school and very rarely comes out of her office to interact with the children and the parents. School Counselor has a very loud voice and does not censor herself sometimes in front of children and parents. I have seen and heard of great teaching at McBean but it is not all in the 5th grade program. It is out of control with complaints that are never answered for year after year. Yet nothing is ever done. I am glad all my children are finished with it.

Mcbean Elementary School
1165 Hephzibah McBean Rd, Hephzibah, GA  30815
Last modified Mcbean Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcbean Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top