Bad
Good

Although some parents might not realize this, I do. This school is one of the best elementary schools in Richmond County.

I did like this school for the most part for the first few months my children attended. Some of the teachers are amazing, others (one in particular) make it so horrid it seriously brings the entire school down in my opinion. Hopefully, no other students have to suffer under her.

I agree with the other parents, most of the teachers are great and as stated in other parent reviews some teachers need to retire because of 'burn out!' I strongly agree that the principal is absent more than present. I am so glad this will be our daughters last year.

I don't like this school. The principal and counselor are very unprofessional women. All they do is walking around trying to be in your personal business!

The teachers at this school are awesome. My son loves the school and his teacher. He is in kindergarten and is already reading. Everyone at the school seems to really care about my child.

This is the first year my son has attended McBean and so far I am happy with the results. He loves his teachers and many of the other staff members. I have found the staff members to be very helpful. If I have any complaint it would be for the morning drop-off crew to be as nice and friendly as the afternoon drop-off crew, those ladies are so nice.

Teachers for the most part are good but some are approching burnout and lack of support from adminstration to parents to school board. Other professionals such as the principal and school counselor seem to have forgotten they are in the the kid buisness. There is not a whole lot of compassion for any children at McBean. Other staff like front office, nurse, janitors, and lunchroom are always friendly and helpful.

The Pre-K-2nd teachers are awesome! My child had a 2nd grade teacher that lovedto teach and made it very interesting for him. The school never seemed like a school, it seemed very stiffled and I always thought an elementary school was a place to grow. Growing creatively is not encouraged outside of the classroom.

Some of these reviews are right on the money. Most of the teachers are excellent and will go above and beyond for the children. They do not have the support of the administation though. The principal misses a lot of school and very rarely comes out of her office to interact with the children and the parents. School Counselor has a very loud voice and does not censor herself sometimes in front of children and parents. I have seen and heard of great teaching at McBean but it is not all in the 5th grade program. It is out of control with complaints that are never answered for year after year. Yet nothing is ever done. I am glad all my children are finished with it.

i agree with the other parents about the principal. Most of the teachers are good but there are a few that are in the wrong line of work. They think they can talk to the kids anyway they want too. And when you bring up a problem to the principal she acts like you are just trying to start a problem. I am not looking forward to this year with one of my younger kids. My oldest didn't like the school at all.

Last modified Mcbean Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.