Hinesville, GA

Posted October 03, 2014
I am a student of Snelson-Golden Middle School, and I can say that in my eighth grade year that this school has no improvement in fighting/disobedient conduct/ people curse everywhere; I wouldn't say that anyone should go to school. Their staff just walk around and offer no help, and there is a sense of favoritism to the *African American* kids who are non-military than others. The new "Liberty Learning Experience" is such a sham, where kids get to walk around and take nude pictures of theirselves and message others all day during class and play gun games. Many kids use slang such as "ratchet" and get into fights because this is an urban area with many black kids. Girls wear small and tight shorts and I've personally heard many *se*xual conversations in last years classes. Unless your kid is in Advance Placement, your child will be put with all of these cretins. Many of these kids frollocking about and never read anything and the only kids who do are picked on and stuff.

Posted October 30, 2013
This is the worst school any of my kids ever attended. The gifted program is laughable, giving the kids a subject and telling them to teach them self is not exeptable. Not entering all grades before the report cards are issued is negligent. The noise level in some class rooms is deafening. Fights break out daily between the students. The front office staff is always taking personal calls and act rudely when they are interrupted. This is a badly run daycare not an educational institution. The smart kid will skirt through but the average kid is set up to drop out if highschool.

Snelson-Golden Middle School 2

Posted July 26, 2013
The band was very welcoming but I can't say much else good for the rest of the school. There is a terrible lack of discipline for the students. I have, myself, witnessed students swearing at teachers and many fights between students break out on a regular basis. The meals are much too over priced for the quality of the food. Substitutes often push their own beliefs upon the students as do some teachers. The social studies/language arts gifted teacher is possibly the best teacher there. But overall there is much favoritism and bullying is a big problem there. If I had kids, I defi itely would not want them to attend this school.

Posted April 30, 2013
Snelson-Golden (SGMS) is a read, write, and think school that promotes extremely high academic standards. It met AYP for eight consecutive years. SGMS employs technology, media, and text to actively engage students in higher level learning. Snelson is progressive. Their many clubs and extra-curricular activities aid to motivate students to attend positive social events, promote school and public fund raisers, and earn academic awards and honors. All students can learn and our students are willing to learn with the support of parents, administrators, teachers, the PTO, our parent coordinator, and our community. Go SGMS!

Posted April 28, 2013
My daughter attends this school and is a member of the SGMS Honor Band. They just recently attended a trip to Orlando, Flordia and she had an awesome time. My hat goes off to Ms. Nestor for AWESOME job that she is doing at the school. You are an excellent band teacher and I am very proud to have you apart of her success. Keep up the great professional work you are doing Ms. Nestor. Thanks Mrs. Gaines

Posted April 17, 2013
My daughter went to this school and all I can say is that she strived wonderfully at this institution. She was put in the gifted program and actually started there in 5th grade. To me some of the complaints on here are a personal situation to their child. Be more proactive. If you know your child is having a problem or is a problem step up as a parent and stop blaming the school at fault. They have several hundred children to deal with and yours is ONE.

Snelson-Golden Middle School 4

Posted March 01, 2013
SGMS is a great school. The students and teachers work together to create an atmosphere of high expectations and family support. Many people have not visited the school to see the great changes that have been made in the last five years. The school is a positive place that house your typical teenagers- all trying to discover themselves. Go Eagles!!!

Posted January 09, 2011
My family and I moved here last year in October 2010. My son always told me that the students are always cursing and throwing things at their teachers. What do the teachers do? Nothing. How does an administration and its teachers let children disrespect them? What are they teaching the other kids that do respect their teachers?

Posted April 13, 2010

Snelson-Golden Middle School 4

Posted November 18, 2009
I am currently a student at SGMS. Snelson Golden is an okay school. I've attend Snelson since 2007, which was my 6th grade year, and the school was still the same then. The amenities are good. The SGMS Chorus is something I would perfer a child to take part in. The chorus teacher is excellent with music and the teachings of music. I'm not trying to flaunt the chorus, but im in the chorus. Well their are some things I have to say about Snelson and Thank You for reading my review.

Snelson-Golden Middle School
465 Coates Rd, Hinesville, GA  31313
Last modified Snelson-Golden Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Snelson-Golden Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top