Hinesville, GA

Posted October 01, 2014
My children have only been going to this school one month and already I have had to place 3 phone calls to the office about one of my children. I do not like this school and would recommend taking your child across town to go to a different school in the county! My children hate the school! And I don't like the way some of the teachers handle my children! I should not have to worry about how bad of a day my child has at school especially one of my children I have never had a problem with at school!

Posted August 20, 2014
This school is not family friendly. The front desk staff looks at you like what are you doing here, I don't want to talk to you. I hear teachers constantly screaming at children during breakfast and when they are out of school. Also if you want to talk to a teacher they make it so you have to talk over the phone or you need a meeting. The children are labeled by a behavior chart that stays with them during the time they are at that school. Liberty County needs to put their nose down, hinesville is not a city they dont care about children, there are no family places, no bowling, skating, no mall.

Posted August 06, 2014
I love lyman hall! My daughter has been there the last 2 years and my son just entered kindergarten. I have no complaints of the school.

Posted July 25, 2012
Terrible!!!!!! Run the otherway. Teachers are lazy, office staff is clueless, and the lady out front is rude as I don't know what! I have never dealt with so much BS since I moved down here. I suggest the school system reevaluate the employees completely. If teaching or working with kids isn't your passion than get out of the school system please! You are ruining our kids. I have found that many teachers are teaching because there are no jobs here and that is completely wrong.

Posted December 28, 2009
This school should be closed down or trained the teachers on how to teach the students and not send them home to their parents for us to teach them what should be done in the classrooms. Futhermore, the teachers should act as teachers and not talk to the students as if they were adults.

Posted September 16, 2009
My daughter has been going to this school for the last 5 years. We love the school and the staff. There couldn't be a better school for my daughter to go to!!

Posted March 25, 2008
My family loves this school. They have an open door policy and parents are welcome anytime (once checked in at the office). They seem to care about the kids and they are learning. Wish we were not moving soon, I would love my younger kids to go to school here.

Posted November 20, 2007
My daughter attended this school from Kindergarten to third grade. I only wish she were still attending Lyman Hall. I want to thank the Media Specialists, Mrs. Anderson, Ms. Johnson, Mrs. durrance, Mrs. Sweet, and Mrs. Peterson for always going above and beyond.

Posted March 19, 2007
My daughter has been going to Lyman Hall for 3 years now and I love the fact that they care about the kids and making sure they do the best they can. I love the fact that during their summer vacation they know what to look forward to the next grade level, so parents can start working with them.

Lyman Hall Elementary School 4

Posted July 30, 2005
I for the most part have been very pleased with Lyman Hall! Academically I feel they are striving with the kids. I felt the Principal could do more, take on her leadership role. I felt she left to much up to the teachers. I did have some concerns with one particular teacher..(1st grade) wanting to give the class 3 nap times a day! Naps are for at home not school, especially first grade! I would just suggest to stay involved with your childs education, listen to your child, request for changes if necessary, your child deserves that and should not feel stuck in any classroom! Parent involvement was pretty good, dances and field day would be the most of the extracurricular activities.

1396 Shaw Rd, Hinesville, GA  31313
Last modified Lyman Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lyman Hall Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top