Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Hiram High School
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted November 22, 2015
Some teachers act like teenagers. They talk about other students in front of the class.

Hiram High School 2

Posted November 22, 2015
My daughter is a junior and she constantly complains that teachers don"t teach or don't know how to teach. She comes home so frustated. Thank goodness for educational videos on youtube. Teachers get an attitude when you ask a question. She has one teacher who is always on his computer. I want to go to the school and complain but she fears retaliation from her teachers. Next semester homeschooling.

Posted May 05, 2015
This school is amazing. I get great communication from the school and all of my childs teachers. The band Is amazing but gets nothing from the school. The load is carried by the parents and the director could be a little more greatful for that. The dues are steep! My child loves all of the classes they are in and usually loves the teachers as well. There could be something done to improve the behavior of some of the students.

Hiram High School 1

Posted May 01, 2014
We are in year 2 at HHS, Freshman year my son failed Spanish due to the teacher being out 32 day's in the first semester and the sub did not speak Spanish. When I asked about it I was told the teacher is sick. If my child missed that many days I would be standing in front of a judge explaining myself. Math this year has been awful. My son's teacher shows a power point and tells the kids if they have a question to look on CoolMath website. NICE! Administration shows no sign of caring. I have emailed, gone in and meetings and they could care less. Very sad.

Hiram High School 2

Posted March 15, 2014
My 10th grader goes here. There hasn't been one single social function that he has been made aware of, if they even exist. Where are school dances, or after school pep rallies. No one wants to go to the football games because they are "lame". Maybe their sports team would do better with Pep Rallies, it helps build morale in a lot of places. He has substitutes for long periods of time who basically just show movies.. not even related to the subject. You can consider this year of Spanish a waste, because it has been a substitute since the class started.

Posted January 07, 2014
I have 3 students that have went or are currently going to Hiram and I love it. I love the principal, office staff and most of the teachers. I believe you will always get out of a school what you put into it.

Posted April 01, 2013
The school is great. There are a few teachers who make it horrible. I have came home and cried before because a teacher gave us a 16 part project and gave us 5 days to do it and one of those days was Easter. That is one teacher who needs to be removed. I am in ninth grade all honors classes.

Hiram High School 3

Posted January 24, 2013
My daughter will be graduating this year. She is very bright and mature, which I'm grateful for because she frequently complains about the teachers not teaching. I mostly hear about movies they watch (many not related to the class) and parties they have - this is frustrating for her because she actually wants to learn. She took Spanish for 3 years and doesn't know a thing, except her teacher wanted to act more like a teenager rather than teach. The 3 star rating only is made because she did have a minimal few that she absolutely loved and learned a lot from. I must say however, the band program is excellent! Great Director, great parental involvement, and great kids!!

Hiram High School 1

Posted February 03, 2012
I am a parent of a student in the school. The school has a problem when it comes to bullying. They like to claim a No Place For Hate school, but they really don't care too much in the issue.

Posted March 24, 2011
I am a parent of a freshman at Hiram High who comes from 3 years of homeschooling, so I do have a different perspective. From a social perspective: my daughter LOVES Hiram High and has made lots of friends (she has not missed one day of school and we're going into the 4th quarter). From an academic perspective: I had my daughter exhaustively tested last year before entering high school and was very pleased with the attention and time they awarded me and my daughter. The teachers are generally responsive when I have needed to intervene regarding her progress or grade(s). The worst time I have had is with her Math teacher and Math tutors. Response is low. Math tutor scheduling changes almost from week to week and we are only sometimes informed (some teachers opt out at last minute?). My daughter is borderline failing Math and that's with the tutoring, so I tend to agree with previous review by student regarding Hiram's Math program (which is a new program that started in the 2009-2010 school year). (also - they have laxed the cell phone/MP3 player rules)

Hiram High School
702 Virgie Ballentine Dr, Hiram, GA  30141
Last modified Hiram High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.