Bad
Good

My son graduated from banks co high. He had some great teachers but the principle and school board along with the superintendent need to be replaced with people who care and treat all children the same. This goes for some of the coaches also. There is no team work taught.

This school is wonderful. My son went to another school and we discovered he was 8 years behind. I rented a house and sent him Banks County. They caught him up and work one on one with him teaching him. They truly care about the kids and want each kid to have a great future. They aren't picked to peices over nick picky things.The teachers are thumbs up..the very best. I am closing on a house this week just to be here permanently! So worth relocating!!! I LOVE this school.

We moved our family to Banks County 5 years ago and are thankful for it. The school system has that small town feel while providing very nice and modern facilities. The teachers from Kindergarten to 12th grade are fantastic people. Many of the Banks County graduates return to be teachers within the system. Students are polite and caring towards one another and fights are almost non-existent. At the high school graduation, teachers from the elementary school will remember how particular graduates were when they were in their class room. There are no gangs or violence within the schools at all. Students get along well with each other and there is a true sense of belonging. Overall, it is a great system that cares about students and their families. Some of the negative comments were from years ago when the system was struggling to adapt to its bigger population. Since the hiring of the District Superintendent Chris Erwin, the entire school system has made tremendous gains and has become a leader in the region. I plan to stay here for a long time.

Great School, slow football program, good all other sports.

I love the education that my children get at Banks County. They have gone to Banks Co. since they were in kindergarden and my oldest is now enrolled at the University of Georgia.

Banks County High school is an amazing school.. the best one that my kids have been too...they are better than the surrouding schools...with violence and with grades!

My kids have been attending banks county for 4 years it has been by far the best school they have ever attended

I am a former Banks County High School student and I am currently enrolled at the University of Georgia. In one of my classes we were asked to compare our high schools with those surrounding it and I had some positive feedback! Our test scores, non-violent setting, eligiblity for finacial aid, ect..was excellent! I always felt comfortable at BCHS and will always be proud to call it my old high school.

After talking to parents of students in other schools, I have to believe that Banks County High School is doing an excellent job. Test scores are higher than many of the surrounding schools, there is very little violence (watch the news for a sharp contrast between our school and others), and my daughter is proud of her school. Sometimes there is a disgruntled parent or two in the newspaper, but this is not surprising with any small town school.

Last modified Banks County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.