Posted August 05, 2014
I love this school! But I do have a problem with teachers letting kids go without snack! I forgot my daughters snack, the teacher says that's ok, but doesn't get her anything to eat! I offered the first grade teacher extra snacks, she refused! I can't imagine letting a child go hungry, while others eat! What kind of person lets a 7 year old go without a snack, then expects them to be productive in class!

Posted July 12, 2014
My child has been at DCES for 3 years now and I and my child love the school. The new principal is amazing and I have had a wonderful experience with the PTA.

Posted December 12, 2013
I have had children here since 2005. I have seen the downhill spiral it has taken. It was a wonderful school with a fantastic principal who was very involved with the children. The last principal was only okay. The current one is okay so far. The PTA was run better before Pucketts Mill opened. My run ins with the PTA have not been great. Kind of rude and not wanting to step up and correct their mistakes. Mostly because it didn't affect their child. Several incidences of theft just this year.

Posted October 24, 2013
We have 4 children ranging from 5 years to 13 years. We have loved Duncan Creek. I feel administration and teachers want the best for your kids. I have kids in the focus (gifted program) and a child that struggles. My kids are pulled out of class for extra help and to be challenged more. I believe all my kids are getting everything they need. The person who said PTA was not open to all parents. You are very wrong. PTA is always looking for assistants. All you have to do is ask to be part of the team. Our PTA president is very open and always happy to listen to parents.

Posted June 24, 2012
We completed our first year here and it has definitely been a learning experience. Our 1st grade teacher was terrific and really pushed our child to do his full potential - from an academic standpoint we were pleased. The library system with Accelerated Reader program however has obscure and limiting rules for 1st graders that no one seems to understand - which leaves your child not understanding why they are refused books at the checkout. Why your child simply cannot check out what they want if it is within their reading level is beyond me! This is exclusive to 1st grade. And finally the PTA - a.k.a. P.T.M(afia). The meetings are covert and not published except for an online calendar that you have to sort through day by day to find - parents are not invited to these meetings nor even know where they are held. There is very little transparency and the communication from them only comes when they want your money. I truly expected monthly meetings open for parents - this is not the case. You either run for a position to have a voice - or your voice doesn't matter. It's a disheartening organization that could truly utilize the many parents who want to be involved - but alas - no.

Posted March 13, 2011
We have been at DCES for the last 3 yrs and we love it. The teachers and staff are very friendly and school it self is awesome.

Posted May 22, 2010
DCES is far the best. I did a lot of research before moving into the area and still was a little nervous about the transistion of my child coming from a private school into a public school setting. Well, I have been pleasantly surprised by the curriculum, the great teachers, students, administration and principal. The teachers at DCES really care about your children and their learning. My daughter has excelled in all subjects. She's been on the Prinicpal's list for the past two years. She has met so many great friends and bonded with her teacher(s) as well. What an excellent, organized and nurturing environment for your child. We have been very blessed to have absolutely WONDERFUL teachers! We are looking forward to another great year and we have a daughter that will be starting Kindergarten in August 2010.

Posted February 21, 2010
Excellent in every way!! i love this school. The staff and admin. Is simply outstanding!! if you don't like this school and all they offer the children, it's because you are doing your part in your child's education. My child started in 1st grade and she has excelled in every subject area. I have heard many say they do not trach the test- they teach the student. I can say- this has been my experience under the current leadership.

Duncan Creek Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
Duncan Creek Elementary School takes great concern in making sure their students know their material

Duncan Creek Elementary School 0

Posted March 07, 2009
My son started kindergarten this school year at DCES. He has learned alot this year. He has excelled farther than my expectations. DCES is an excellent school and I would recommend it to anyone. His teacher keeps us updated on a day to day basis on what is going on with the class. We feel very informed. We love the school.

Duncan Creek Elementary School
4500 Braselton Hwy, Hoschton, GA  30548
Last modified Duncan Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Duncan Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top