Hoschton, GA
Students enrolled: 3,893

Mill Creek High School
Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
The attempts to do so are definitely evident, but the methods to develop "integrity" and "honesty" are incredibly flawed. News flash to Principle Jason Lane, or the counselors, or whoever's in-charge of the student mentoring programs: NONE OF THE FRESHMAN ENJOYED MENTORING ON MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS. Not only were the lessons annoying because they took time away from lunch, but the lack of enthusiasm and care displayed by us freshman, our mentors, and our teachers made the whole experience awkward and dreadful. The same goes for 2nd period advisement on Tuesdays. These lessons are good attempts at reaching out to students and guiding us, but they don't work and just create frustration and annoyance among us students.

Mill Creek High School 2

Posted May 26, 2015
If you're transferring to Mill Creek and aren't fond of college football, NBA, dance, Vera Bradley, Vineyard Vines, or Christian rock music, don't expect a warm welcome from peers. Also, the school is way too crowded. I feel like I, as a student, didn't receive as much help and attention from my teachers simply because there are too many student to tend to. Even when I come to a teacher's classroom early for extra help, there are about 20 other kids in there. Race isn't that important to me, but I will note that the school is about 70% white. If you're searching for an interesting, diverse, personal, welcoming school that gives students the best resources to succeed academically, DO NOT pick Mill Creek. Definitely an overrated school.

Posted January 26, 2015
Coming from a different county I can't put in words how happy I am with Mill Creek. The kids even love school now! We are truly blessed with great teachers and staff!

Posted September 20, 2014
Amazing school. The teachers and staff are awesone, the school is just big enough to support all 3,900 of us. Many many different kids to communicate with, love Mill Creek!

Posted June 26, 2014
This is a great school with many wonderful assistant principals to assist with the day to day activities. The special ed department is outstanding

Mill Creek High School 3

Posted April 25, 2013
Mill Creek is a great school academically. However, it suffers greatly within diversity. I also feel like the school only caters to one style of teaching and students that are struggling are falling through the cracks. I hope the following school year will be better. There is way too many students attending Mill Creek High School!

Posted March 31, 2013
Mill Creek High Has Great students because it is what is expected. we do not sell our kids short. They are told they can and so they do. Great parent involvement here. Very pleased with this school . I have one who graduated last year and a freshman this year. Very proud of my kids and their acomplishments!

Posted July 03, 2012
Personally, I have been highly impressed with this school. My daughter was a freshman this past year and she excelled far more than I could have ever expected. The teachers are caring, concerned and treat my daughter with the respect. My daughter is not a prep, she is not exceptionally smart, and does not play sports but the teachers love her for her personality and have encouraged her to find her place among the masses. Mill Creek only had 3600 students at open last year so I think that is a far cry from 6000. For her, the more students the more friends she can make.

Mill Creek High School 1

Posted February 25, 2012
Before sending my kids to this school I was impressed at what I'd heard. But having my kids attend was the worst thing I could have subjected them to. If your kids aren't exceptionally smart and timid this is not the place for them. Oh yeah, also if they are African American, don't bother either. Things are overlooked that shouldn't be. It does no good to complain because their voices will not be heard. I'm looking to send mine elsewhere!

Mill Creek High School 1

Posted January 24, 2012
New schools are now built and open for 2 years ...school has become even worse and a lot more problems .....Mountain Veiw only has 5oo students while mill creek still have 6700. Never ending problem!

Mill Creek High School
4400 Braselton Hwy, Hoschton, GA  30548
Last modified Mill Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mill Creek High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top