Jesup, GA

Martha Puckett Middle School 4

Posted March 13, 2013
This school is a middle school and has never had a preK. You may have it confused with Martha Rawls elementary which is also in Wayne Co. I'm sorry your experience at Wayne county schools was negative.

Posted January 08, 2013
My child attended this school for Prek, I pulled him out the middle of the year and moved far away from this school. My son is left handed and was punished by the teacher for not using his right hand. I was astonished when he came home crying because he got yelled at for writing/eating/painting with his left hand. The teacher would make him sit on his left hand so that he would learn how to "properly" do things. When I spoke to the principal about this I was told that what I allow my child to do at home will not be tolerated in the school. They acted like left handed people were a discipline problem. As far as I'm concerned this school was the worst school I've ever sent my children too. I would not recommend sending a child there at all!!

Posted December 06, 2012
My child is bullied daily, humiliated by teachers and staff. The communication between this school and the home is horrible. I have sent multiple requests for conferences, phone calls, etc with no luck. I would not recommend this school to anyone. I agree with the thought of selling/renting out my house to be able to pull my child out of this school. I am now looking at private schools for the next semester. When you try to call the school, do not expect to be able to talk to a person. You have to spend your time going thru the automated system, only to have to leave a message on a person's voicemail to never recieve a call back. My child's grades dropped from As to Cs in four weeks. When I questioned the school as to why, since I have not seen any paperwork at home about this, I recieved no answer. I still an attempting to get an answer three weeks later. I stopped in the school recently, after taking off of work to go, to be able to speak in person with the principal, i was turned away. The staff and principal refused to schedule an appointment. So that was a waste of time and money. I am now in the process of speaking to the school board and superintendent.

Posted June 03, 2012
Bullying is out of control, along with the profanity and manners. The teachers are rude and negative. Im selling my house just to get out of the district.

Martha Puckett Middle School 0

Posted November 08, 2005
- a former student

Martha Puckett Middle School
475 Durrence Rd, Jesup, GA  31545
Last modified Martha Puckett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martha Puckett Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top