Bad
Good

Bacon Elementary School 2

Posted November 11, 2014
My child was not happy at this school. My child was bullied and not included in activities. My child had a difficult time at this school and the staff was quick to blame it on the parents rather than certain things going on in the school. My child had bad days almost every day, came home crying and was sad often. I was very disappointed in the way that things were handled in this school and I'm happy that my child no longer attends this school. At the current school, my child has yet to be sent home once for "bad behavior" and has had nothing but good days and a positive attitude. A positive environment makes all of the difference. I'm sad to say I was so displeased with our experiences at James E. Bacon Elementary School.

Posted July 13, 2013
Great administration, great staff and all-around great school. The school had to adjust a few years ago and they now serve pre-K through 5th grade. They made a smooth adjustment and everything has worked out well. The teachers and administrators are very caring and obviously love their jobs. I have had two children go through the school in the last few years and we were happy with everything. This is the best elementary school in Jesup!

Posted June 06, 2010
A great school with caring and professional principal and teachers! The school is clean and safe. It provides a wonderful learning atmosphere.

Posted December 21, 2005
This school is great! The staff loves the children and it shows. They will offer you any help you need and they are always there if you need anything. They even helped me to organize a 'Support Our Troops' fund raiser and allowed the students to bring in supplies for our troops. The only negative thing that I can say is that they are understaffed. They need more parapros (teacher's aides). They do call on the parents alot to help out. I do not mind, because they have helped me and my son loves the school and the teachers. Extracurricular activities, they have the normal music and gym, but not much else. The community here offers all the extra activities that a child needs. The kids at this school is only K-1 so it is understandable that not alot of activities is available. Tosha

Bacon Elementary School
1425 West Orange St, Jesup, GA  31545
Last modified Bacon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.