Johns Creek, GA

Barnwell Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2014
It's a good school. I wouldn't say that it "exceeds". However, the school's music/chorus programs are wonderful and the art is amazing. I love how they have nurtured those programs. My daughter's first year and I was not very impressed with the teacher. I do wish that my Kindergarten student actually had a graduation as well. That first year is highly important and scary so I think it really is a positive to have them take part in something like that! Maybe I'm one of the few. I wish they'd cover the playground as well since there are zero trees. Parking during an event is horrendous. With that being said, the PTA is great and Science and Art Days are so much fun for not only the kids but volunteers as well.

Posted October 04, 2013
This is a wonderful school. Awesome PTA, Teachers, Admin. Staffs, and wonderful students. My all 4 children are so happy about school.

Barnwell Elementary School 1

Posted October 03, 2013
If you have a special needs child DO NOT attend this school. Your child will not be educated. The leadership does not care. They care about their precious test scores and not to give special care to those who need it.

Barnwell Elementary School 1

Posted July 26, 2010
my kids attended this school for 2nd and 4th grades and we were very disappointed.the teachers did not challenge my daughters at all, they teach for the crct tests (and even subtract points from school work on answers that were technically correct but not the way the crct test should be answered), would not allow my 8 year old to check out certain books from the school library (because she wasn't old enough), lied to us about TAG testing, were constantly requesting money (my manipulating the kids' artwork into trinkets and always asking us to buy stuff), and on and on.

Posted September 24, 2009
We are thrilled to be in such a great school with excellent teachers, and people that really care about education.

Posted August 09, 2008
Barnwell is an amazing school...I have 5 children and this is my 10th year at Barnwell. The best PTA, teachers, and parent involvement....

Posted January 02, 2008
I loved Barnwell. It is an amazing place, the teachers are great, and it is just as good as a private school. I especially liked that everyone is really nice in this area/community.

Posted September 07, 2007

Posted April 06, 2006

Posted September 19, 2004
Our 4th year at this school and it just keeps getting better. Great very experienced staff, a super active PTA, many supportive parents. If we were to move house I would absolutely want to stay in this school district.

Barnwell Elementary School
9425 Barnwell Rd, Johns Creek, GA  30022
Last modified Barnwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barnwell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top