Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

To be honest, this high school doesn't deserve even 0.000001th of a star. Rarely do you encounter a teacher who is devoted and reasonable. Grades are emphasized above everything else; this leads to cheating, which (no surprise!) is a huge problem at JCHS.

To be honest, this high school doesn't even deserve any stars, not even 0.000001th of a star. Teachers don't care, and the majority of students don't care at all. You would be sitting in a classroom, trying to listen to the teacher go through an important powerpoint (although he gets distracted and off-topic every 20-30 seconds) while you're the ONLY one taking notes and listening. The rest of the class is just sitting there socializing, joking around, and going on their phones. It's pathetic and sad how students only care about grades (and not learning), which of course, leads to cheating.

Develops character: Disagree

This school, like all others, focuses on grades and testing to the exclusion of education, strongly encouraging cheating and plagiarism.

I enrolled our foster daughter here for 9th grade. The book required in 9th grade lit is about a girl who gets raped and all of the emotional fallout that results. This was really triggering for my daughter. She became extremely depressed and anxious. It took 3 weeks and a dozen phone calls/emails/meetings to get permission for her to read another book. By that time it was too late for her to make up the work. She was so far behind. We met with her teachers, counselor and the MSW to try and get an IEP. The counselor laughed at us and said that we'd need to have at least 4 more meetings b/f there would be any talk of an IEP. Her teachers suggested she study more and do her homework. If you have a traumatized or otherwise special needs kid, you'd better be walking in the door with all the special needs stuff squared away. You'll never get it from the staff at JCHS. She had 3 good teachers and 1 horrible one. I couldn't even believe what a rude, condescending jerk this guy was. Ended up homeschooling after 1 semester.

At John's Creek High School they simply don't CARE about the students. They don't teach and the teacher and staff just do the job to get paid. If they do any kind of effort is only because they want to keep the academic number up but it is all a lie. ~Parent

The counseling office is extremely inefficient! Counselors don't reply to emails for several days or sometimes not at all, and they don't return calls when messages are left. You call the office and the people answering the phone don't have know much about anything. If you want to make an appointment to see your child's counselor they send you to the counselor's number to talk to which just goes to voice mail! Why can't they just make an appointment which is why you're calling in the first place. I called twice and they made me leave two messages and I still didn't get a call back. I finally had to go to the school and insist on seeing the counselor. I had to sit and wait for him to be available and had to miss extra time from work

I'll admit, the counseling department is rather unfortunately setup. You have to be very well prepared to really benefit from it. But besides that, the classes are tough, and rightfully so, At John's Creek, you can really excel and show others what you are made of. Sure, maybe if you just want to coast and do nothing special with your life, johns creek isn't for you, but if you want to give it your best and be accepted by a top tier college, Johns Creek High-school can and will provide you with what you need.

John's Creek high school is a horrible place. Budget cuts must be ongoing left and right, because this is apparent in the quality of both the teaching and the overpriced food. Not only does my history teacher publicly embarrass me in front of the class, my government teacher last year detested everything I stood for. Don't get me wrong, some of the teachers are nice and helpful but honestly could use some knowledge in the field of teaching itself. I dropped an honors class in favor of an on level one because of the summer reading assignment, which I had barely escaped last year, was required for the course. Summer reading is the wrong solution to a problem that has been shown to exist in many students that do not read for enjoyment. However, as a student that reads every day of my own accord, this assignment was frustrating to me and I was unable to complete it. Additionally it is worth noting that I have cut corners on homework duty wherever I can because there is just too much! Hours upon hours of it every single night, including the weekends! I am a more well rounded student and I am starting to fall behind. This year is not going great so far and I cannot recommend this place.

I just started as a freshman and I know I will absolutely love this school! To all the parents complaining Its high school! Students are expected to learn how to manage their time correctly and etc. The teachers are challenging but are always there if you have questions. I'm a little annoyed that parents are still expecting the school to babysit their kids. Isn't the whole point of high school is to learn how to be more independent in life. And all that homework? this will help your kid to learn how to balance school and extracurricular activities. What do you think college is going to be like? This school is doing a great job at preparing students, the courses are challenging but the teachers are always there for you. And about drugs.. Drugs happen in every school. To wrap this up JCHS is a great school and parents need to calm down.

As a senior graduating from Johns Creek, it has been a wonderful school. Being an honors/AP student, I have had mostly great teachers and have felt the curriculum is challenging but manageable if you use your time wisely. I am graduating with 6 AP classes and a 94 average, and I have had time to get involved with sports teams and clubs in school. Communication is an issue at JCHS, and the counseling department is pretty scattered. Otherwise, it is high school so communicating with the teacher is the child's responsibility, and teachers are open for parent conferences. The school itself is beautiful, and other than a few shortages of textbooks I have had a great experience with the facilities/supplies. At every school there are some great teachers and some horrible ones, and it is no different at JCHS. Hopefully the new principal will implement some changes to evaluate teachers more thoroughly. Coming from a private Christian school, Johns Creek is on a similar level, especially in advanced courses. I feel that I am prepared for college, and am thankful for the wonderful education I have received. Parental involvement really increases the learning and supportive atmosphere.

Last modified Johns Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.