Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

M. D. Roberts Middle School 3

Posted June 24, 2016
Honestly, this school is not as great as it sounds. Like another person said, the teachers are basically here for only their paychecks. After three years as a student, I have noticed that most teachers do not like spending times in their classes. They usually roam around talking to different teachers while their students are left in the classrooms with no supervisor. It was disappointing to watch our supposedly "role models" goof around like little kids. You would think the principals would do something about this problem, but they are totally clueless. And whenever somebody important comes in to evaluate the teachers, they put on a grand show and pretend that they actually teach their classes. If I were you, don't attend this freak of a school.

M. D. Roberts Middle School 2

Posted June 10, 2016
The principal is not involved with her students at all they hold the magnet kids to a higher standard and let the other kids get away with basically murder. They act all nice for the important people but it's just a show. Personally they need to do more for their hard working students and give them better awards.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 10, 2016
Mr. Bailey I would like to thank you because before I came to your class I didn't like social studies at all. You however taught it in a way that I could relate and understand its the most information of social studies I've ever consumed I will never forget your teachings. Ms. Beard I would like to thank you for believing in me and making me love science even more than I already did you also taught in a way that anyone could learn you related to us and was real and that's all a students wants is for to feel that the teacher is being 100 with them. Mr. Hampton you showed me that good grades don't come easy and that anything you have you must earn. I would like to thank you for believing in me that I could reach my full potential and that although I haven't reached that yet that I could some day thanks. I would like to thank the rest because in a way all of you have shaped me into the person I am and will be you all will remain with me forever.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 10, 2016
Depending on the teacher some teachers such as Ms. Faulkner Mr. Bailey and Ms. Germany really do care about the students and the school most of the time. And others sometimes fall short of that but that's not my problem anymore... Sucks for the students that deal with the teachers that don't care.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 10, 2016
Depending on the teacher is the thing. Some teachers give too much for the amount of time they give us or not enough to challenge us personally I think they can learn from Mr. Bailey .

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted June 10, 2016
They started out reminding us to be leaders but it's drifted throughout the year. Sometimes they may bring it up but overall can't really complain.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 10, 2016
You try to bring up important things and ideas to make the school better and they just push you aside like you're meaningless not to mention how the teachers treat the students and it's always the students fault when clearly it's otherwise.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 10, 2016
They barely take the time to do so all they do is send them to the office say just try to avoid each other and dismiss it. It's very ineffective...

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 10, 2016
They hold the magnet students more accountable than the other kids. They go to the same school take the same classes some with even the same teachers and deserve to be treated equally.

M. D. Roberts Middle School 1

Posted April 14, 2016
I think the school needs to be revamped as far as the staff. Too much familiarity amongst the staff. The teachers gang up on children and tear down their self esteem. I hate this school.

1905 Walt Stephens Rd, Jonesboro, GA  30236
Last modified M. D. Roberts Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.