Posted April 18, 2014
I worked at this school for two years as a special education teacher and found it to be a complete nightmare. The kids were horribly behaved, very low academically, and even violent towards teachers. The administration literally locked themselves in a dark room with no windows and pretended they weren't there. Avoid this school at all costs! It's horribly for students and adults!

Jonesboro Middle School 3

Posted June 27, 2013
I think this school is moving in the right direction, but more structure and student activities need to be in place. Technology is plentiful, but everyone needs to get on the same page with each other especially administrators. Teacher morale is still low, and many have left as a result. The kids are GREAT, but need more guidance. Parents need to be more involved in a positive way instead of being concerned about toys and electronic devices.

Posted May 19, 2013
This school might be alittle hard but they do get you ready for high school. i am a 8th grader now.. I have been here since 6th grade. They got me ready for MT. Zion High School.Our admin. in the school ( Dr.hightower, Ms.Perry, and Ms.Bisch ) do not play games when it come to things like bulling and they are not scared to give you ISS, OR OSS. And our honors students are just great. GO BEARS

Posted May 03, 2013
This school is highly not recommended. Please buy a home or rent a place that is zoned for MD Roberts which is right around the corner and much better. The teachers and administration are only there to get a paycheck and doing the bare minimum is the standard. It is ashame that the school and the entire school system have plenty of resources available but they are highly underutilized. I have three children and my oldest is at JMS. It is bad when no homework comes home but the younger elementary school students and the surrounding high school students are jam packed with homework everyday. JMS does not do anything to prepare its students for high school and all the hard work that the excellent elementary schools have done end up going to waste. Two thumbs down to JMS. Perhaps an administration that is not politic driven will do this school good. Best of luck to you in searching for a good middle school, but this one is not it. My child also agrees that this school is not a good school.

Posted December 15, 2011
This school is most definitely, NOT recommended, and bullying IS most definitely, happening at this school.

Posted August 05, 2011
This is a GREAT SCHOOL! I love how it speaks like urself. JMS ROCKS GO BEARS!

Posted July 22, 2011
I removed my child from this school after the winter break of 2010. He'd received threats from different teachers and did not want to attend school. It may be better now because they have a new principal, Dr. Hightower. There was a lot of bullying in the beginning of the school year, also. If parents want to visit, we are required to give a two-day notice. I enrolled my son in online school, but he'll be back in public school since we've moved out of JMS zone & I want him to have the social experience that public school brings. If it weren't for that, I'd allow him to continue online; FAR BETTER CURRICULUM/opportunities to learn and be successful.

Posted November 22, 2009

Posted October 02, 2008

Posted October 02, 2008

Jonesboro Middle School
1308 Arnold St, Jonesboro, GA  30236
Last modified Jonesboro Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jonesboro Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top