Bad
Good

My children attended school here in the 90's. Now my grandchildren attend. I moved away from the area but the reason the children stay in the area is because they like the school system. They are in a nurturing environment and feel encouraged to continue with the tools they will need to thrive.

I have a 5th and 8th grader at Suder and I love it. Although the school is growing each year it doesn't feel that way because the staff know all the students. The teachers are personable and professional. The curriculum is becoming more rigorous with each grade change and enough programs to keep the students interested. Excited about the new school year!!

I am no longer at Suder but my boys have gone there since the 1st Grade. I had nothing but a great experience while I was there. As another previously stated, it also makes a big difference when you are involved with the school. I worked a full-time job, but I always participated in everything at the school. Parental Involvement is the key...I hear it from the teachers all of the time. This is a real parent with real words and not from the faculty.

i don't like how they don't make sure that the students that don't learn as fast as others learn their work. i witnessed a kindergarten class one day. i went to visit and the ones that were slower than the others didn't get any help. and i don't like how they talk to the children. they act like they don't want to teach them. if i had not helped a few students with their work they would have never gotten it done. they just overlooked them. and my fifth grader wasn't turning in her homework and wasn't getting her class work done and we were not even notified about this. The second grader was getting a little more help but it was only at the end of the school year.

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! My youngest two daughters went here when we lived in busing distance. Now that we live in Riverdale I still make the drive and go out my way to make sure that my youngest still makes it to this school. I think that some of the ratings that are on here are from parents that wanted one-on-one like their child is the only one there but I think that the teachers are doing a wonderful job. I have dealt with the administration several times and they are great to work with. The front office is on top of making sure that all the children don't just go home with anyone. It may annoy at times but it is for safety and I for one appreciate it. Thank you Suder!!!!

GET WHOLE PICTURE!! I have a 5th grader at Suder. He's been there since 2nd grade. I was shocked when I saw the rating!! I don't think it does Suder any justice either. Let me say that PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT is everything. I am involved and other than some minor typical student-issues (talking and clowning around), we haven't had any major issues. I do know how committed the Administration is to truly helping each student succeed. Suder has the lowest turnover rate among teachers in Clayton. So that, to me, speak volumes, to the admin. Parental involvement can make or break a school. Is it perfect, NO, but no school is, or will ever be.It saddens me when I see parents, sitting on the sideline until issues come up. So parents, remember YOU HAVE THE LARGEST PART IN THE SUCCESS OF YOUR CHILD. Get involved and support your child and school staff.

Suder is a terrible school, and I believe these ratings are coming from staff members. The students at this school receive lack of school activities, trips, educated teachers, and they allow minimum parental involvement. Principal and Assistant principal really show no concern for the students or parents, just a pay check to them. They have a terrible man in the main office that is very sarcastic and quick to argue.......Basically the school should be shut down..Everyone that I know has complained about this school so these ratings are impossible.

EXCELLENT SCHOOL ON MAKING SURE YOUR CHILD IS UP TO STANDARDS OR NOT. IF NOT, THEY WILL WORK WITH YOUR CHILD. HELP YOUR CHILD ON BEHAVIOR AND ARE PASSIOATE WITH THEM. MY 7 YEAR OLD LOVES SUDER AND KNOWS ALMOST HALF THE TEACHERS THERE. TALK ABOUT COMMUNICATIONS WITH YOUR CHILD IS PAST EXCELLENT. MY CHILDS LOVES ALL TEACHERS THERE AND EVEN THE PRINCIPAL. I AM VERY PLEASE WITH SUDER MY SELF. THE RATINGS SHOULD BE MUCH MUCH MORE!

I have had a great experience at Suder, I have 2 special needs children, and Suder has been great about accomodating and helping them. I believe that Suder deserves a much higher rating than it has received in the past.

I am pleased with Suder, this is my boys second year at the school and I have had great teachers both years for the both of them. They are in the second grade and whatever issues that they thought either one of them may have had were brought to my attention early. One of the teachers I had this year was very good about staying in contact with me from day one. As far as the PTA, they had good intentions but I agree with a previous message that there was not enough parental involvement. There needs to be a way that these parents get involved. I think schools that have good things come out of them, have good PTA's. Mr. Hinton can be very abrupt sometimes, but I guess he is not going to let people get past him with all of the excuses, etc. that they come up with.

Last modified Suder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.