Suder Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
I have a 5th and 8th grader at Suder and I love it. Although the school is growing each year it doesn't feel that way because the staff know all the students. The teachers are personable and professional. The curriculum is becoming more rigorous with each grade change and enough programs to keep the students interested. Excited about the new school year!!

Posted May 21, 2013
I am no longer at Suder but my boys have gone there since the 1st Grade. I had nothing but a great experience while I was there. As another previously stated, it also makes a big difference when you are involved with the school. I worked a full-time job, but I always participated in everything at the school. Parental Involvement is the key...I hear it from the teachers all of the time. This is a real parent with real words and not from the faculty.

Suder Elementary School 1

Posted May 20, 2013
i don't like how they don't make sure that the students that don't learn as fast as others learn their work. i witnessed a kindergarten class one day. i went to visit and the ones that were slower than the others didn't get any help. and i don't like how they talk to the children. they act like they don't want to teach them. if i had not helped a few students with their work they would have never gotten it done. they just overlooked them. and my fifth grader wasn't turning in her homework and wasn't getting her class work done and we were not even notified about this. The second grader was getting a little more help but it was only at the end of the school year.

Suder Elementary School 4

Posted January 17, 2012
GET WHOLE PICTURE!! I have a 5th grader at Suder. He's been there since 2nd grade. I was shocked when I saw the rating!! I don't think it does Suder any justice either. Let me say that PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT is everything. I am involved and other than some minor typical student-issues (talking and clowning around), we haven't had any major issues. I do know how committed the Administration is to truly helping each student succeed. Suder has the lowest turnover rate among teachers in Clayton. So that, to me, speak volumes, to the admin. Parental involvement can make or break a school. Is it perfect, NO, but no school is, or will ever be.It saddens me when I see parents, sitting on the sideline until issues come up. So parents, remember YOU HAVE THE LARGEST PART IN THE SUCCESS OF YOUR CHILD. Get involved and support your child and school staff.

Suder Elementary School 1

Posted July 20, 2011
Suder is a terrible school, and I believe these ratings are coming from staff members. The students at this school receive lack of school activities, trips, educated teachers, and they allow minimum parental involvement. Principal and Assistant principal really show no concern for the students or parents, just a pay check to them. They have a terrible man in the main office that is very sarcastic and quick to argue.......Basically the school should be shut down..Everyone that I know has complained about this school so these ratings are impossible.

Posted May 06, 2011
EXCELLENT SCHOOL ON MAKING SURE YOUR CHILD IS UP TO STANDARDS OR NOT. IF NOT, THEY WILL WORK WITH YOUR CHILD. HELP YOUR CHILD ON BEHAVIOR AND ARE PASSIOATE WITH THEM. MY 7 YEAR OLD LOVES SUDER AND KNOWS ALMOST HALF THE TEACHERS THERE. TALK ABOUT COMMUNICATIONS WITH YOUR CHILD IS PAST EXCELLENT. MY CHILDS LOVES ALL TEACHERS THERE AND EVEN THE PRINCIPAL. I AM VERY PLEASE WITH SUDER MY SELF. THE RATINGS SHOULD BE MUCH MUCH MORE!

Posted March 01, 2011
I have had a great experience at Suder, I have 2 special needs children, and Suder has been great about accomodating and helping them. I believe that Suder deserves a much higher rating than it has received in the past.

Suder Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
I am pleased with Suder, this is my boys second year at the school and I have had great teachers both years for the both of them. They are in the second grade and whatever issues that they thought either one of them may have had were brought to my attention early. One of the teachers I had this year was very good about staying in contact with me from day one. As far as the PTA, they had good intentions but I agree with a previous message that there was not enough parental involvement. There needs to be a way that these parents get involved. I think schools that have good things come out of them, have good PTA's. Mr. Hinton can be very abrupt sometimes, but I guess he is not going to let people get past him with all of the excuses, etc. that they come up with.

Suder Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2008
I hate suder. Most of the teacher talk to the kids as if they were adults. Mr Henten in the front office is very rude and short with people, I use to thick it was just me but, I saw it done to others as well. Then school staff and teachers need more work. Kids are kids not robots.

Posted July 09, 2008

Suder Elementary School
1400 Lake Jodeco Rd, Jonesboro, GA  30236
Last modified Suder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Suder Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top