Posted June 12, 2015
This is a wonderful Christ centered school. The staff and teachers are great to work with. They truly care about the education my child receives. My child loves her teachers and the friendships she has made there. Not only does my child attend there currently, but I attended there many years ago. I spent the majority of my educational career at Shiloh and graduated with honors from there. I then went on to graduate from college with honors and with a bachelor's degree. I can accredit this to the education that I revieved at Shiloh. I was truly college ready. Shiloh offers a Christ centered education with small class sizes, a diverse learning environment, and has a curriculum that is academically challenging. I could not have asked for a better school. My family Is definitely blessed to be apart of such a special place. I would highly recommend this school to anyone!

Posted June 11, 2015
Shiloh Hills Christian School is a very good Private Christian school. The teachers and administrators work with your family to address your child's individual needs. Also, if there every has been an issue with any child misbehaving it is addressed appropriately. The teachers love their children like their own, I would not want my child in a school where she couldn't love her teachers and staff and give them hugs. The A Beka curriculum is perfect, containing both the fundamentals of education and Christian beliefs, that one needs to be a successful student and a Christian. My husband and I do not believe in Common Core, which is being forced into public schools, so A Beka is right for our family. I want my child to be not just a great student, but a great loving Christian person, which is why we will continue our relationship with Shiloh Hills. You can find no better school for your child to attend that will give them the life skills and educational skills that they need to go out into the world to be a person of morals and values. We have only been here for two years, but plan on many more. If you are looking for a school where Christian beliefs are important to your family, along with educational goals, look no further Shiloh Hills is exactly that!

Posted June 11, 2015
My personal experience with Shiloh Hills has been excellent. It is a small, close-knit school, and many of the students attend from kindergarten through 12th grade. The administration hires caring, competent teachers who are truly the kind of people I want to influence my children. The academic quality of the curriculum is proven by the school’s consistently high (in the 90th percentile) SAT scores, even though they do NOT pull learning disabled students from the class during testing.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 10, 2015
Many of the teachers do not have a degree thst would allow them to teach elsewhere. Many are teaching outside of their degree fields, and our children are therefore not receiving quality education, which the school assures in it's mission statement. Plain and simple, you're not paying for what you think you are. This information is easily attainable by searching the schools website and the teachers educational backgrounds.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 10, 2015
The homework is monotonous seat work for which the students can complete as if in robotic state. Therefore, they are utilizing memorization, not retention. There does not seem to be a passion for learning.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 10, 2015
The school needs to evolve and adapt to the idea of progression towards a more current curriculum as well as the new/current definition of what is a bully.

Posted June 10, 2015
My child has been a student at Shiloh since kindergarten and we have loved every minute of it! Because this is a private school it seems the students from K3 to 12th grade all get to know each other and make everyone feel welcomed and included.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 10, 2015
The elementary teachers all seem carefully selected according to their experience in the classroom, teaching ability, and nurturing nature. Almost all of our kids' teachers have had multiple years of classroom experience, and those who were new teachers had graduated from accredited schools that fully prepared them for the pedagogical aspects of the job (although, in my opinion, experience is one of the most valuable components of a great teacher).

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 09, 2015
The amount of homework varies depending on my child's grade. But I feel that it is a good balance for each of my children's ability and maturity.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 09, 2015
All of my children's teachers required my children to give their personal best, but this was never emphasized in an overbearing way.

260 Hawkins Store Road Northeast, Kennesaw, GA  30144
Last modified Shiloh Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Shiloh Hills Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 88 reviews. Top