PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

We have had 3 of our children graduate from Shiloh in 2015, 2013, & 2010. We also had a Korean, foreign exchange student from Shiloh live with us from 2010 - 2015 and he graduated from Shiloh also in 2015. The christian character of the teachers are wonderful. The christian values taught are great. The emphasis on ministry among the students in the community is amazing. The education is wonderful. The peace of mind knowing my kids were safe and school daily was rewarding to me as a parent.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very effective. They offer one on one help classes, differentiation for students with learning needs, and are sure to follow up with parents keeping open communication about the student's progress.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is given Monday/Tuesday/Thursday. Wednesday is a day off for students to spend time with family at their place of worship.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school develops honesty, integrity and fairness to all of its students through a Biblical world-view that is shared in all areas of academics, fine arts and athletics.

The teachers are top quality and professional: All of Shiloh Hills Christian School teachers K-12 hold either a Bachelors or Masters degree.

This is a wonderful Christ centered school. The staff and teachers are great to work with. They truly care about the education my child receives. My child loves her teachers and the friendships she has made there. Not only does my child attend there currently, but I attended there many years ago. I spent the majority of my educational career at Shiloh and graduated with honors from there. I then went on to graduate from college with honors and with a bachelor's degree. I can accredit this to the education that I revieved at Shiloh. I was truly college ready. Shiloh offers a Christ centered education with small class sizes, a diverse learning environment, and has a curriculum that is academically challenging. I could not have asked for a better school. My family Is definitely blessed to be apart of such a special place. I would highly recommend this school to anyone!

Shiloh Hills Christian School is a very good Private Christian school. The teachers and administrators work with your family to address your child's individual needs. Also, if there every has been an issue with any child misbehaving it is addressed appropriately. The teachers love their children like their own, I would not want my child in a school where she couldn't love her teachers and staff and give them hugs. The A Beka curriculum is perfect, containing both the fundamentals of education and Christian beliefs, that one needs to be a successful student and a Christian. My husband and I do not believe in Common Core, which is being forced into public schools, so A Beka is right for our family. I want my child to be not just a great student, but a great loving Christian person, which is why we will continue our relationship with Shiloh Hills. You can find no better school for your child to attend that will give them the life skills and educational skills that they need to go out into the world to be a person of morals and values. We have only been here for two years, but plan on many more. If you are looking for a school where Christian beliefs are important to your family, along with educational goals, look no further Shiloh Hills is exactly that!

My personal experience with Shiloh Hills has been excellent. It is a small, close-knit school, and many of the students attend from kindergarten through 12th grade. The administration hires caring, competent teachers who are truly the kind of people I want to influence my children. The academic quality of the curriculum is proven by the school’s consistently high (in the 90th percentile) SAT scores, even though they do NOT pull learning disabled students from the class during testing.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Many of the teachers do not have a degree thst would allow them to teach elsewhere. Many are teaching outside of their degree fields, and our children are therefore not receiving quality education, which the school assures in it's mission statement. Plain and simple, you're not paying for what you think you are. This information is easily attainable by searching the schools website and the teachers educational backgrounds.

Amount of homework: no rating

The homework is monotonous seat work for which the students can complete as if in robotic state. Therefore, they are utilizing memorization, not retention. There does not seem to be a passion for learning.

Last modified Shiloh Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12