No rating

Mount Paran Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Kennesaw

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $168,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,040.

Posted August 12, 2014

Excellent school all around. Researched all of Cobb county before selecting this school and all that is offered.

Posted October 22, 2012

We have been at MPCS for 3 years and have been extremely satisfied with the administration, curriculum, teachers and the environment. For our family, it was not about quality of education but rather a Christian environment for our children Mon-Fri. MPCS is 'hands down' the best private Christian school in the area. We are happy to learn that the high school now has added more AP classes in order to better prepare students for college. The middle school is very strong in all aspects, which is needed for those tough teenage years. Not to mention sports in middle school, art, drama, music, dance, etc. So many offerings. I read many of the other reviews (some are out of date) and the bottom line is that no school is perfect. But if you are looking for a private, Christian school with strong academics, then Mount Paran is the school.

Posted August 17, 2012

I was considering sending my daughter to this school, however I have recently found out that the headmaster (Mr. Shelton) will get involved in custody cases favoring the paying parent the facts pertaining to both parents. I am not one of the parents involved in this case, but was made aware of the principles Affadavit, which will be public. A number of statements are untrue, and not supported by any facts. It is very disappointing that this is a stance taken by an organization that claims to support a christian upbringing for the children. It seems that teaching the word and living the word are different. This is the first time I have encountered this in Christian schools, I would have thought that the best approach would have been to provide guidance and counsel as a leader, to both parents to provide better support for the child.

Posted February 28, 2012

Mt. Paran has been an answer to prayers for our family. God directed us to Mt. Paran after some very trying and unfortunate circumstances in a Cobb County High School. The experiences my child went through were horrific and administration nor the school board would address it. I had no choice for the safety of my child other than to withdraw them and remove them from the environment. This was the largest blessing in disguise that I could ever imagine. My child had over a 4.0 GPA and was the recipient of many awards and had never been in one ounce of trouble their entire life. Mt. Paran has been the best thing that has ever happened. God has blessed the school, teachers and administration. You can feel God's presence when you walk in the doors. My child came from a very prestigious magnet program in Cobb County and I will tell you that hands down the education at Mt Paran far exceeds the Magnet Programs in the County School system. Yes, we have had to make many sacrifices to allow our child to attend Mt. Paran but there is no comparison as to the quality of education and spiritual growth that the students at Mt. Paran receive on a daily basis. I give Mt Paran an A+++.

Posted February 28, 2012

As parent's, we brought children into the world and we were given the responsibility to train up our children so that they can grow up and be successful and have the best possible future. Today our children are faced with many issues during their teenage years. The "wrong crowd" or a few "bad decisions" can ruin a childs life in a short period of time. My family had the honor and privilege of having our child accepted into the High School. Looking back now, this was the best possible decision our family has ever made by making the sacrifice and allowing our child to attend Mt. Paran. Do you know what a difference starting your day off with a devotion and prayer can make in school? Can you imagine what an impact that praying at the beginning of each class with your teacher can make? Do you know how important it is to have your child "fit in" and not be excluded or bullied by cliques during the teenage years? What is really important to your child? Their education, emotional well being and spiritual development with God. I would encourage you to come to Mt. Paran and see the work that God is doing through incredible teachers and staff. There is NOT a better school out there!

Posted February 27, 2012

This is an amazing place. My two boys have been here since PK3 and now as a middle school and an elementary student, I am amazed at the ways they have been taught to not only know Christ, but to seek to LIVE like Christ. It is lived out daily in every action from the ballfields to the classrooms. If I can not be the one with my boys for these 8 hours every day , I am thankful for the role model men and women who are called to be at MPCS. Their out of the box creative teaching and professionalism, surpass all my expectations.

Posted February 27, 2012

I am certain that this was not the true picture of what happened, these teachers would give the shirts off of their backs to help any one of their students. It is unfortunate and unbeleivable that anyone could misread a situation so poorly.

Posted February 5, 2012

one of there coaches yelled at these two kids for picking up a frisbee. REALLY! I don't want my kids going to that school.

Posted February 1, 2012

Having had my children attend for a couple years (after attending public school), and getting VERY involved to discover the inner workings of this school, I am more impressed now than when we first enrolled. I have witnessed first-hand that the christian values and mission are really (really!) something that the staff strives to live-out daily. I was surprised at how much focused attention my kids were getting. My older kids in lower school have had phenomenal teachers who have a true gift in what they do. For my young one, the preschool has exposed him to so much more than where my older kids attended (laptops, library, spanish, "big kid" PE and Art etc.) in addition to the unconditional love he receives. Of course no school in our area is perfect, and parents may not always reflect the values they desire their children to have which is probably typical in any "private" school. We do financially sacrifice to go there (though it costs less than others) but I am now convinced they are getting so much more than we pay for which is evident in their blossoming character and discovering of their faith. My heart is full when I hear them talk about Jesus when they get home from school.

Posted December 2, 2011

Although the education is great I find that many of the parents are selfless and their children are entitled, which makes me question why are they in a school based on religious values. To be a christian is not just being a member of a church or a christian school but the moral fiber that bonds your family and creates the values that are born into children. Not impressed

Posted November 15, 2011

I recently enrolled my children at MPCS this past year.Me and my husband have never been so impressed with the quality of teaching that all other schools seem to lack.Mount Paran has stretched my kids and challenged them to be the best that they can be.I have never seen a Christian school emphasize the word CHRISTIAN so much.It is awesome just to know and have a great feeling when dropping them off at school that they are in good hands.In my opinion,if you would like your child to learn in a safe Christian enviorment then Mount Paran is right for you.

Posted October 27, 2011

My children have been attending Mt. Paran for many years. We have two that are still there (one in high school and one in middle school), we have recently moved our youngest out. Partly because of money, but mainly because of the quality of the elementary teachers and lower school leadership. After three below par elementary teachers with our youngest two in four years, we felt it was time to make a change. They have changed the lower school principal this past year, so hopefully the lower school will improve. Our kids have had some extra wonderful teachers over the years, especially in the middle school. But three of the ones that come to mind have moved on in their careers. As far as race issues. I have never seen nor heard of any race problems. My boys have good friends of all races and nationalities. As far as parents and sportsmanship. A few parents can make any school look bad. And some of the grades do have those type parents. If your children are in athletics, you will enjoy that middle school sports have teachers/coaches for all teams but football. These low ratings are for lower school. Middle school would be five star. High School would be four star.

Posted October 22, 2011

I'm not here to discount anyone's personal feelings, just share my own. When my child's school has been blessed to compete with this school, the students have been kind. The parents of the Mt. Paran students have not always shown Christian Examples. So if being with parents that hold strong their covenant statement is important to you, this is probably not the right school for you.

Posted September 30, 2011

The racial problems at Mount Paran are not fictious - there have been multiple complaints by parents of different races who have experienced this hostile environment. Buyer beware! The cost of the school was never an issue - it is affordable compared to other highly rated schools like Pace Academy or Woodard - but Mount Paran does NOT have a zero tolerance policy for their students who bully. This is a terrible learning environment for children to be in - I'd rather send my child to a public school rather than endure what my son has gone through at this school!

Posted August 20, 2011

Do your research carefully and thoroughly, visit during school hours, see for yourself if they practice what they preach, how does the administration consider and talk about other schools. We found out just in the nick of time to pull our children out, observing saying one thing doing another, unChristian like practices and behavior,flat out lies, and negative talk about others. If you dont mind being part of that kind of organization, them look at the test scores. They all think they are Ivy League and better than everyone else, but were are the scores?

Posted July 20, 2011

After our first year at Mount Paran, I knew this was the right school for our children. Financially, it's a serious stretch for us, but we feel it is worth every penny. Every employee, from the support staff to the principal, is kind and professional. My son's second grade teacher was phenomenal. She identified his strengths and weakness and helped him develop both throughout the year...both academically and socially. The curriculum is more advanced than the public school's, which is one of the reasons we chose Mt. Paran. Other reasons we chose Mt. Paran: Spanish classes begin in Kindergarten, strings program in 3rd grade, high-end chef-cooked meals included in tuition, and the gifted program (not always seen in private schools). The gifted program, Encore, is unlike any other program we've seen. The teacher helps the students to LOVE learning, to think outside the box, and challenges them with advanced assignments. Overall, I feel confident that my child is getting a fantastic education at Mt. Paran, but more importantly, this school has rekindled his love for learning that the public school had squelched.

Posted July 19, 2011

We absolutely ADORE this school!! The teachers and staff go above and beyond to teach and love on your children. It is great to know that my child is in the best possible hands while Im at work. I do not have to worry about him and know and trust that he is getting a wonderful education as well!!!!

Posted July 15, 2011

Looks good on the outside, but please do your research before sending your child there. From my personal experience, it is not what it seems to be. They are not exhibiting "Christian" like behavior and are discriminatory in enrolling students. Beware.

Posted April 27, 2011

Excellent in every area. We are an African American family that has spent three school year at Mt. Paran and though we were the minority, we never felt any lesser. We could no longer afford the tuition so we had no choice but to move our kid into the public school system. Public school is ok but we're often comparing the quality, leadership and parent involvement and Mt. Paran is ahead by far. We would gladly return once our financial situation improves.

Posted March 21, 2011

First, I am simply appalled that one would manufacture such an erroneous story that MPCS treat any person of any color differently. As a parent of two daughters that attend, I can tell you first hand this is utter nonsense! One would have to question this rater's motive or agenda? On to the truth...this is an absolutely tremendous school blessed with the finest and most devoted teachers and principals imaginable! There in not a single shortcoming in academics. In fact, the academic standards are way superior to any public schools and when coupled with the values, guiding principles and moral standards we want for our girls we couldn't ask for more. Is it expensive? You bet! But for us it is the greatest investment we can possibly make and we'd live in a trailer without heating and AC to make sure our girls are blessed with a Christ centered quality education. But, forget my words. Just spend about 5 minutes with our 3rd and 6th grade daughters and I am confident this will answer any and all question about the impact--along with good parenting--that MPSC has had in their lives.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Linda Nash (Lower School)
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious