Kennesaw, GA
Students enrolled: 1,214

Posted April 15, 2015
The campus is beautiful and there are some wonderful and some not so wonderful teachers at this school. The longer that we remained at this school the more clear it became that this school does not walk in the Christian way as they like to portray themselves to be. This is unfortunate and appears to trickle down from the top administration.

Posted March 30, 2015
I am very disillusioned with this school. Racism and entitlement are a definite issue, single parents are treated as pariahs and the high school administrator is quick to berate parents publicly in front of other staff members. He also is not supportive of children with learning differences- just even the minor ones where very slight accommodations can be made. The directed studies (resource) staff is phenomenal, but they don't have admin. support. He doesn't even seem to "get it," which, as an educator, is beyond me. I am torn, because many of the teachers are some of the best I've ever seen, but unfortunately, there are several that have the same attitude towards some kids and parents as the admin. does. But of course, those sorts of issues have a "trickle down" effect. And yes, bullying is NOT treated as it should. The Dean of Students is wonderful, but again, without follow through from teachers and administration. Tolerance is often shown towards the bully, and the parent that complains is labeled "irrational" or "too passionate." I challenge anyone to find a parent who isn't "passionate" about their child's safety and well-being.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 07, 2015
Very disappointed in this school. My family has been there for many years and decided that our children will not be returning. There are some good teachers but the administration as a whole is lacking and the longer we have spent at the school the more we are noticing that the administration is not very Christ like.
7 people found this helpful

Mount Paran Christian School 3

Posted October 22, 2014
The campus is beautiful. The academics seem average. There is a mix of good and not so good teachers.
5 people found this helpful

Posted August 12, 2014
Excellent school all around. Researched all of Cobb county before selecting this school and all that is offered.

Posted October 22, 2012
We have been at MPCS for 3 years and have been extremely satisfied with the administration, curriculum, teachers and the environment. For our family, it was not about quality of education but rather a Christian environment for our children Mon-Fri. MPCS is 'hands down' the best private Christian school in the area. We are happy to learn that the high school now has added more AP classes in order to better prepare students for college. The middle school is very strong in all aspects, which is needed for those tough teenage years. Not to mention sports in middle school, art, drama, music, dance, etc. So many offerings. I read many of the other reviews (some are out of date) and the bottom line is that no school is perfect. But if you are looking for a private, Christian school with strong academics, then Mount Paran is the school.

Posted August 17, 2012
I was considering sending my daughter to this school, however I have recently found out that the headmaster (Mr. Shelton) will get involved in custody cases favoring the paying parent the facts pertaining to both parents. I am not one of the parents involved in this case, but was made aware of the principles Affadavit, which will be public. A number of statements are untrue, and not supported by any facts. It is very disappointing that this is a stance taken by an organization that claims to support a christian upbringing for the children. It seems that teaching the word and living the word are different. This is the first time I have encountered this in Christian schools, I would have thought that the best approach would have been to provide guidance and counsel as a leader, to both parents to provide better support for the child.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 28, 2012
Mt. Paran has been an answer to prayers for our family. God directed us to Mt. Paran after some very trying and unfortunate circumstances in a Cobb County High School. The experiences my child went through were horrific and administration nor the school board would address it. I had no choice for the safety of my child other than to withdraw them and remove them from the environment. This was the largest blessing in disguise that I could ever imagine. My child had over a 4.0 GPA and was the recipient of many awards and had never been in one ounce of trouble their entire life. Mt. Paran has been the best thing that has ever happened. God has blessed the school, teachers and administration. You can feel God's presence when you walk in the doors. My child came from a very prestigious magnet program in Cobb County and I will tell you that hands down the education at Mt Paran far exceeds the Magnet Programs in the County School system. Yes, we have had to make many sacrifices to allow our child to attend Mt. Paran but there is no comparison as to the quality of education and spiritual growth that the students at Mt. Paran receive on a daily basis. I give Mt Paran an A+++.

Posted February 28, 2012
As parent's, we brought children into the world and we were given the responsibility to train up our children so that they can grow up and be successful and have the best possible future. Today our children are faced with many issues during their teenage years. The "wrong crowd" or a few "bad decisions" can ruin a childs life in a short period of time. My family had the honor and privilege of having our child accepted into the High School. Looking back now, this was the best possible decision our family has ever made by making the sacrifice and allowing our child to attend Mt. Paran. Do you know what a difference starting your day off with a devotion and prayer can make in school? Can you imagine what an impact that praying at the beginning of each class with your teacher can make? Do you know how important it is to have your child "fit in" and not be excluded or bullied by cliques during the teenage years? What is really important to your child? Their education, emotional well being and spiritual development with God. I would encourage you to come to Mt. Paran and see the work that God is doing through incredible teachers and staff. There is NOT a better school out there!

Posted February 27, 2012
This is an amazing place. My two boys have been here since PK3 and now as a middle school and an elementary student, I am amazed at the ways they have been taught to not only know Christ, but to seek to LIVE like Christ. It is lived out daily in every action from the ballfields to the classrooms. If I can not be the one with my boys for these 8 hours every day , I am thankful for the role model men and women who are called to be at MPCS. Their out of the box creative teaching and professionalism, surpass all my expectations.

Mount Paran Christian School
1275 Stanley Road Northwest, Kennesaw, GA  30152
Last modified Mount Paran Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mount Paran Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top