Kennesaw, GA
Students enrolled: 1,214

Posted August 18, 2015
Love, love, love MPCS! There was a 1st day parent breakfast followed by a tour of the new stadium. Everything about Mt. Paran is top of the class. It feels amazing dropping my children off everyday, they are excited and joyful and we feel so blessed to be a part of the family!

Posted July 27, 2015
The adminstration, staff, and teachers at this school are incredible! Not only do they provide an excellent education, but they truly care about the students on an individual level.

Posted May 31, 2015
We joined the Mt Paran family earlier this year looking for a true kind, spirit filled environment with real educational depth. We have loved every day since we got there! Our daughter comes home joyful and has made lots of friends. Her grades are flourishing because the teachers are interesting and present information in creative ways to their students. The teachers are engaged and loving. The kids in her grade are inclusive and kind. The Lower School Principal is incredible. We had to make a great many sacrifices to send our daughter to this school and every single one of them is worth it every single day! This school is full of love, life and God but it is not oppressive and rigid. It is uplifting and motivating and our daughter's school days are full of fun and challenge. We can't say enough great things about Mt Paran!

Posted April 15, 2015
The campus is beautiful and there are some wonderful and some not so wonderful teachers at this school. The longer that we remained at this school the more clear it became that this school does not walk in the Christian way as they like to portray themselves to be. This is unfortunate and appears to trickle down from the top administration.

Posted March 30, 2015
I am very disillusioned with this school. Racism and entitlement are a definite issue, single parents are treated as pariahs and the high school administrator is quick to berate parents publicly in front of other staff members. He also is not supportive of children with learning differences- just even the minor ones where very slight accommodations can be made. The directed studies (resource) staff is phenomenal, but they don't have admin. support. He doesn't even seem to "get it," which, as an educator, is beyond me. I am torn, because many of the teachers are some of the best I've ever seen, but unfortunately, there are several that have the same attitude towards some kids and parents as the admin. does. But of course, those sorts of issues have a "trickle down" effect. And yes, bullying is NOT treated as it should. The Dean of Students is wonderful, but again, without follow through from teachers and administration. Tolerance is often shown towards the bully, and the parent that complains is labeled "irrational" or "too passionate." I challenge anyone to find a parent who isn't "passionate" about their child's safety and well-being.

Posted January 07, 2015
Very disappointed in this school. My family has been there for many years and decided that our children will not be returning. There are some good teachers but the administration as a whole is lacking and the longer we have spent at the school the more we are noticing that the administration is not very Christ like.

Mount Paran Christian School 3

Posted October 22, 2014
The campus is beautiful. The academics seem average. There is a mix of good and not so good teachers.

Posted August 12, 2014
Excellent school all around. Researched all of Cobb county before selecting this school and all that is offered.

Posted October 22, 2012
We have been at MPCS for 3 years and have been extremely satisfied with the administration, curriculum, teachers and the environment. For our family, it was not about quality of education but rather a Christian environment for our children Mon-Fri. MPCS is 'hands down' the best private Christian school in the area. We are happy to learn that the high school now has added more AP classes in order to better prepare students for college. The middle school is very strong in all aspects, which is needed for those tough teenage years. Not to mention sports in middle school, art, drama, music, dance, etc. So many offerings. I read many of the other reviews (some are out of date) and the bottom line is that no school is perfect. But if you are looking for a private, Christian school with strong academics, then Mount Paran is the school.

Posted August 17, 2012
I was considering sending my daughter to this school, however I have recently found out that the headmaster (Mr. Shelton) will get involved in custody cases favoring the paying parent the facts pertaining to both parents. I am not one of the parents involved in this case, but was made aware of the principles Affadavit, which will be public. A number of statements are untrue, and not supported by any facts. It is very disappointing that this is a stance taken by an organization that claims to support a christian upbringing for the children. It seems that teaching the word and living the word are different. This is the first time I have encountered this in Christian schools, I would have thought that the best approach would have been to provide guidance and counsel as a leader, to both parents to provide better support for the child.

Mount Paran Christian School
1275 Stanley Road Northwest, Kennesaw, GA  30152
Last modified Mount Paran Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mount Paran Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top