Mount Paran Christian School 3

Posted October 22, 2014
The campus is beautiful. The academics seem average. There is a mix of good and not so good teachers.

Posted August 12, 2014
Excellent school all around. Researched all of Cobb county before selecting this school and all that is offered.

Posted October 22, 2012
We have been at MPCS for 3 years and have been extremely satisfied with the administration, curriculum, teachers and the environment. For our family, it was not about quality of education but rather a Christian environment for our children Mon-Fri. MPCS is 'hands down' the best private Christian school in the area. We are happy to learn that the high school now has added more AP classes in order to better prepare students for college. The middle school is very strong in all aspects, which is needed for those tough teenage years. Not to mention sports in middle school, art, drama, music, dance, etc. So many offerings. I read many of the other reviews (some are out of date) and the bottom line is that no school is perfect. But if you are looking for a private, Christian school with strong academics, then Mount Paran is the school.

Mount Paran Christian School 1

Posted August 17, 2012
I was considering sending my daughter to this school, however I have recently found out that the headmaster (Mr. Shelton) will get involved in custody cases favoring the paying parent the facts pertaining to both parents. I am not one of the parents involved in this case, but was made aware of the principles Affadavit, which will be public. A number of statements are untrue, and not supported by any facts. It is very disappointing that this is a stance taken by an organization that claims to support a christian upbringing for the children. It seems that teaching the word and living the word are different. This is the first time I have encountered this in Christian schools, I would have thought that the best approach would have been to provide guidance and counsel as a leader, to both parents to provide better support for the child.

Posted February 28, 2012
Mt. Paran has been an answer to prayers for our family. God directed us to Mt. Paran after some very trying and unfortunate circumstances in a Cobb County High School. The experiences my child went through were horrific and administration nor the school board would address it. I had no choice for the safety of my child other than to withdraw them and remove them from the environment. This was the largest blessing in disguise that I could ever imagine. My child had over a 4.0 GPA and was the recipient of many awards and had never been in one ounce of trouble their entire life. Mt. Paran has been the best thing that has ever happened. God has blessed the school, teachers and administration. You can feel God's presence when you walk in the doors. My child came from a very prestigious magnet program in Cobb County and I will tell you that hands down the education at Mt Paran far exceeds the Magnet Programs in the County School system. Yes, we have had to make many sacrifices to allow our child to attend Mt. Paran but there is no comparison as to the quality of education and spiritual growth that the students at Mt. Paran receive on a daily basis. I give Mt Paran an A+++.

Posted February 28, 2012
As parent's, we brought children into the world and we were given the responsibility to train up our children so that they can grow up and be successful and have the best possible future. Today our children are faced with many issues during their teenage years. The "wrong crowd" or a few "bad decisions" can ruin a childs life in a short period of time. My family had the honor and privilege of having our child accepted into the High School. Looking back now, this was the best possible decision our family has ever made by making the sacrifice and allowing our child to attend Mt. Paran. Do you know what a difference starting your day off with a devotion and prayer can make in school? Can you imagine what an impact that praying at the beginning of each class with your teacher can make? Do you know how important it is to have your child "fit in" and not be excluded or bullied by cliques during the teenage years? What is really important to your child? Their education, emotional well being and spiritual development with God. I would encourage you to come to Mt. Paran and see the work that God is doing through incredible teachers and staff. There is NOT a better school out there!

Posted February 27, 2012
This is an amazing place. My two boys have been here since PK3 and now as a middle school and an elementary student, I am amazed at the ways they have been taught to not only know Christ, but to seek to LIVE like Christ. It is lived out daily in every action from the ballfields to the classrooms. If I can not be the one with my boys for these 8 hours every day , I am thankful for the role model men and women who are called to be at MPCS. Their out of the box creative teaching and professionalism, surpass all my expectations.

Posted February 27, 2012
I am certain that this was not the true picture of what happened, these teachers would give the shirts off of their backs to help any one of their students. It is unfortunate and unbeleivable that anyone could misread a situation so poorly.

Mount Paran Christian School 1

Posted February 05, 2012
one of there coaches yelled at these two kids for picking up a frisbee. REALLY! I don't want my kids going to that school.

Posted February 01, 2012
Having had my children attend for a couple years (after attending public school), and getting VERY involved to discover the inner workings of this school, I am more impressed now than when we first enrolled. I have witnessed first-hand that the christian values and mission are really (really!) something that the staff strives to live-out daily. I was surprised at how much focused attention my kids were getting. My older kids in lower school have had phenomenal teachers who have a true gift in what they do. For my young one, the preschool has exposed him to so much more than where my older kids attended (laptops, library, spanish, "big kid" PE and Art etc.) in addition to the unconditional love he receives. Of course no school in our area is perfect, and parents may not always reflect the values they desire their children to have which is probably typical in any "private" school. We do financially sacrifice to go there (though it costs less than others) but I am now convinced they are getting so much more than we pay for which is evident in their blossoming character and discovering of their faith. My heart is full when I hear them talk about Jesus when they get home from school.

Mount Paran Christian School
1275 Stanley Road Northwest, Kennesaw, GA  30152
Last modified Mount Paran Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mount Paran Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top