No rating

North Cobb Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 880 students

Living in Kennesaw

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $135,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $910.

Posted July 13, 2014

Can't wait to go back!!! How great is it when your child can't wait for school to start again?! She actually wanted to go back 2 weeks after summer break began! Looking forward to another amazing year of great teachers, involved parents, and encouraging and Godly staff!

Posted May 22, 2014

All of my children graduated from NCCS and I can say I have not been one bit disappointed. They were prepared for college and life! I cannot say enough good things about the academics, athletics, and arts programs, which they were all involved in. The environment is so loving and the teachers care deeply for the students. I wouldn't trade anything for the experience we had. It was so worth the expense. And I could care less if the administration is called leadership or administration. They are a wonderful group of people who love The Lord and the kids. We were at NCCS for 15 years total and I will continue to tell everyone how wonderful the school is.

Posted May 22, 2014

We are embarking on our 10th year at NCCS. It is HANDS DOWN the VERY BEST investment we could have EVER made or EVER WILL make for our 2 daughters. We are very involved and dedicated parents to NCCS. We back the school in ALL areas and we believe in it's mission 100% WHOLEHEARTEDLY. Proof is in results. Our results are clear and have been consistently clear for 10 years. Our daughters are surrounded daily by and amazing Administration and Staff who are invested in them and their best interest. Our daughters are incredibly intelligent, voluntarily involved in sports, they have a love of the Arts and they chase after Christ DAILY. They are loved and cared for each day by an amazing school filled with the FINEST Administration, Faculty and Staff who WE as parents partner with because of THE RESULTS! When we toured NCCS 10 years ago, we entered as family and we still are and we always will be. Period.

Posted May 19, 2014

I agree with both of the last two reviews, both good and bad. I came to this site last week to see if anyone else, besides the people we already know of, felt the same way we did. This will be our son and daughters last year at North Cobb. We are pulling them out. Everything seems right and feels right in the beginning, but the longer you stay and the more you observe, you start seeing all the inadequacies, and things that just aren't right. Every time we have brought up an issue that needed attention, we were attacked personally. The other review about administration vs leadership, that part I have to say is so true, although we've never thought about it that way before. Then after reading that, last Sunday our Pastor was talking about how the word leadership was only used in the Bible 4 times, and 2 of those times it referred to the blind leading the blind. My husband and I looked at each other immediately, knowing we have done the right thing, and felt like I had to revisit this site and write a review. They have lied to us before on several occasions, and in the long term it's just not the right environment, not the right place, and it's sad because we really needed it to be.

Posted May 17, 2014

My son transferred from public school this year and WOW! He is so happy, he feels safe, he says the kids are nice and the change we've seen in him is tremendous. He's truly striving to succeed and has found his place. He is behind and having to work harder to get caught up, but we are very pleased with the academics at NCCS and so disappointed to see what was lacking in the public school setting. The administration at NCCS is genuinely caring. During the snowstorm that kept so many kids at school till late or the next day, my repeated calls checking on him & giving staff our status on eventually picking him up were welcomed and never, ever a bother. I'm shocked at the earlier negative review which is obviously a spiteful grudge review. The lack of maturity in that review makes me doubt it was from a teacher. We LOVE North Cobb Christian School and I am nearly brought to tears when I drive up on campus and realize time & again that we are finally here and my son is safe & happy!

Posted April 27, 2014

Read for yourself, many positive reviews written by teachers or students of teachers. NCC is INADEQUATE academically, Spiritually, and operates with no integrity. As stated erroneously by another review, SAT scores are NOT good or better than anywhere else. Take 30 seconds, compare "averages" + which people groups make up that average. College bound students will always be behind in math, need additional courses after graduation. Also erroneously stated "school is dedicated to parents who invest in education of their kids"? Haha! Interested in $investments$, nothing more! Not parents, not students! There is NO leadership or accountability here. The "administration" actually had to change their title to "leadership" not only to fool themselves but also YOU, into believing they're something they are not - leaders. They lie and mislead. Everything is smoke and mirrors, even promo video on the website. Those kids are not in chemistry, they've never even taken chemistry! Female students are allowed + encouraged to wear inappropriate dress. Often non-qualified people are hired simply because their spouse works there. Want to be nominated to honor society? Make sure your mom works there.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 27, 2014

NCCS is a private christian school that teaches the students academics in a safe, christian atmosphere. We have been beyond thrilled with our experience there so far and believe whole-heartedly that the financial sacrifice has been completely worth it.

Posted January 13, 2014

Loved this school! Graduated last year and spent my entire 14 years of education at this school. The teachers really care and I thank them for preparing me so well for college. North Cobb Christian is family to me.

Posted December 29, 2013

I love this school!!!! My kid have been going to North Cobb Christian School for many years now and as parents who care deeply about where we send our kids for academic and spiritual growth, we are pleased as to how this school is challenging them. From Mr. Clingman down to the staff, this school is dedicated to the parents who invest in the education of their kids education and dedicated to the students who attend here. Kennesaw State truly likes accepting students from NCCS due to their ACT and SAT scores. I would highly recommend NCCS to anyone who is interested.

Posted January 28, 2013

Great school! The faculty is easy to communicate with and the school work is challenging. The small classrooms are a big plus for an optimal learning environment. This is my child's first year and compared to Public school there is a BIG difference. We feel that we have made an excellent choice for our child.

Posted December 10, 2012

I think this school is great. The kids around me are nice. I think that some teachers should be more reasonable and nicer. The lunch money is expensive, so many people bring their lunch. The lunch is OK, but it is not the best in the world. We have great leaders, Christian values, and a godly motive at North Cobb Christian School. GO EAGLES!!!!!!

Posted February 9, 2012

NCCS is top notch academically and it offers incredible arts and athletics. After attending this school for 13 years my children were prepared for both college and "life". NCCS also reinforced their spiritual foundation through teaching from a biblical perspective. NCCS is an incredible value and worth the investment!!

Posted February 9, 2012

It's a sacrifice to send our children to private school but it's an investment that we never regret. We have two children at NCCS and are blown away by the education they are receiving and the love that their teachers show them every day. When our oldest transferred from public school, the amount of homework and rigor was a bit taxing but it's amazing to see how children step up to the plate when you raise your (reasonable) expectations of them and hold them accountable. The academics, extracurriculars, the sense of community. the Head of School's leadership and the love for God that my children have discovered make this a very special place to be and worth every penny of sacrifice.

Posted February 2, 2012

I have 1 child at NCCS in middle school. My husband and I have been blessed to be able to apart of this school for 7 years. The children are nutured academically,emotionally, and most important spiritually. It truly is a family environment focused on preparing children for higher education as well as teaching Christian values.

Posted January 28, 2012

I have 2 children at North Cobb Christian. We have been a part of this school for 7 years. I have one in middle school and one in 3rd grade. This school is exactly what we wanted for our girls. It gives them a great education but more than that , it teaches them a love for Christ. I have a 3rd daughter that will start K5 in August. We look forward to having the opportunity to partner with NCCS with all 3 of our girls.

Posted January 24, 2012

I have a child who graduated after 9 years at North Cobb Christian, and currently have a 6th grader. This school has been a wonderful school for our children and an inspiring part of our lives. The administration and teachers are the absolute best and the sports and fine arts opportunities for these kids just makes the whole experience even better. This school is exactly what it says it is, authentic Christian education. The icing on the cake is how well prepared these kids are once they move into the higher education system!

Posted January 8, 2012

We have a daughter in the elementary school and a son in middle school. I had no plans on submitting a rating until I read the bad reviews submitted recently. Nothing could be further from the truth! This school is EXCELLENT, Christian...100%, all throughout the day. Academics are sound and challenging. Best is how "well rounded" my children have become. The school wants each child to be challenged academically, play sports, join clubs, know Christ personally and have fun during these most formative years. My kids love it there. All of the parents I know LOVE the school! The principal is hard-working, has an open door policy and is personable. Wonderful!

Posted December 31, 2011

If you do not drink the kool aid at this school, then you are treated in an extremely non christian manner. It should be called North Cobb School.

Posted December 31, 2011

This school is more about the money than your childrens well being, education and certainly their Christianity. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted December 14, 2011

I have been a parent at NCCS for 8 years and have worked at NCCS for five years. It is a privilege for my children and myself to be in an environment where Biblical principles are a priority and Christianity is stressed in all that is said and done. The school is growing and is headed in the right direction with the right leadership. We are proud to be a part of NCCS.
—Submitted by a teacher

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School psychologist
Security personnel
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Science lab

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• School psychologist
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Gary Coker
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Playground

• Drama

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council

Apply now