PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (5 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 18, 2016
Teacher quality varies all over the place. Some teachers should be fired right now. They view class as their opportunity to teach their own right-wing views to the students or teach unhealthy messages to girls. Some teachers are terrific and are not respected by their bosses.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted May 18, 2016
I thought the school developed respect but not lately. Not with what I've heard and seen.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 18, 2016
The school lacks in discipline to ensure that kids follow the Christian beliefs. The teachers and staff do not see what is really going on and often don't have control of the classes. Behavior that I thought would not be present at a christian school but at a public school is quite present here. In some classes, the students (or a student or two) rules the class. This is chiefly a problem with the boys.

Posted May 11, 2016
My children have been a part of NCCS for 5 years now, beginning in K3. We have been so blessed with wonderful teachers who truly know my children and care about them as individuals. The academics have been a great balance of being challenging, but appropriate for the grade level. My children have participated in programs available to the elementary students that the high school coaches and players run - basketball camps and lessons, cheerleading camps. They are always so excited that then the older kids and the coaches know their names and stop to say "hi" to them when they see them around campus. It's such a wonderful family-like environment.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 11, 2016
The teachers and the student life directors teach the kids that following Biblical principles is the most important thing you can do in life. The kids see the example of this lifestyle by those leading them, and it makes a huge impact on the kids' lives.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 29, 2016
The headmaster calls it the hidden curriculum. Its the impact these teachers have on our students. they really care about what is going on in their lives and want to see them succeed.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 29, 2016
My kids have never pulled all-nighters. My elementary kids could get their homework done in after care, my middle schooler could finish it in study hall, and I rarely saw my high schooler spend more than 1 hour a night.

Posted April 29, 2016
It upsets me to see all these bad reviews. They are clearly just unhappy parents. Yes, the curriculum is strong, so my children are challenged. They have five levels of accommodations to try to meet the needs of those who learn differently, and while this may not serve everyone, I would think they help a majority of families in need. And they do have rules and expect them to be followed, but EVERYTHING they do is based on biblical principles and their number one goal is to have our kids love Jesus more than anything and to follow His path in their lives. When we started 8 years ago. I was looking for a challenging school. I was looking for a strong Christian school. I was looking for a school where all of my kids could get involved and could find their "groups" and we have found it here! I have two graduates and two kids left at NCCS. My graduates are prepared beyond anything I could have imagined. College coursework is easy, they are strong and rooted in their faith, and they are comfortable heading out on their own, meeting new people, and becoming responsible adults. None of my children are like the other ones, and I am amazed how they have each found a home at NCCS. The community that exists there is amazing. This has been the best investment we have made!

North Cobb Christian School 1

Posted February 12, 2016
Unfortunately it'll be our last year too. I totally agree with the parent that said they do not understand that all children learn differently. I won't go into details about our experience but I' ll think twice before I decide to apply to this school.

Posted February 11, 2016
A healthy school culture, sting curriculum, most of the administrators and teachers are quite open to feedback and quite helpful. They try to meet the needs of students as individuals

4500 Eagle Drive, Kennesaw, GA  30144
Last modified North Cobb Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12