Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Lots of challenging AP classes, as well as many opportunities for club participation. I have 2 kids who have gone to KMHS. The school is quite large, and if your student prefers a smaller learning environment, this is not the school for them. Students in the magnet program seem to thrive, in a competitive yet friendly atmosphere. If you are considering a magnet school, KMHS is great!!

The school does not support a healthy team playing mentality. We recently played Kmhs football team. During the game the kids were allowed to punch one player, trip another... And I was appalled that at the end of the game the head coach decided that the football players did not need to line up and shake the other teams hands . Very disappointed by this school.

The administration, some teachers, and most staff take advantage of their positions and don't care about students whatsoever. Would never attend this school again or send my kid here. It used to be good until a new principal took over.

My daughter is a junior this year and I am considering transferring her to another school! I thought Kennesaw mountain high school would be good for her but it is not. The teachers are only concerned with the magnet students not regular students. I also don't feel our black, Latinos and other minority races are been treated fair like the white students. I am very disappointed and do not want my child to graduate from Kennesaw mountain high school!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had 3 boys attend KMHS all on different learning levels but none in Magnet. When the oldest started it was a good school. The principal was on top of everything and she ran a tight ship but the students still respected her. Once she retired it went down hill unless you were a magnet student. There dors not seem to be any checks or balances to keep up with the students meeting graduation requirements and when I personally pointed it out nobody seemed concerned because he was only a sophomore. When I pointed it out second semester his jr year they still were not concerned. At the end of his jr year I knew he could not graduate with his class if I left him there. He did graduate on time but not from KMHS.

Going down hill quickly. Teachers vary tremendously. All the focus is on the Magnet students, Special Needs and Athletics. Mainstream students don't get individualized instruction at all, and any request for help gets the response to go to online sources and learn it yourself. I'm contemplating private school or moving out of the district:(

We have moved frequently due to a military career and job transfers. I have raised 4 boys who have attended 4 different high schools. I typically don't write reviews but thought it would be appropriate to let you know this is the worst H.S. out of the four I have been associated with. I have left voice messages that haven't been returned, emails that gave been unanswered at times, and the treatment of students seems to be more impersonable compared to the other schools my childrewn have attended. If I could do it over, I wish i had bought a home in the neighboring school.

I am a student at KMHS. This has been my third year attending KMHS and my family and I have not been pleased with: the teachers and the results.

Ive had 1 daughter graduate from this school and 1 currently in this school. For the most part Im very happy with this school. My main complaint is the sports programs are all about money. The players who pay the most or the players whose parents volunteer the most get the most playing time. If you arent the coaches favorite then you get to sit the bench. So if you are looking for a sports school this is what you get to look forward to. If you are looking for education and tons of extra curricular classes, then this is the place for your child.

Excellent school with terrific fine arts programs. Our daughter transitioned from Mount Paran and the transition went very well. So far, excellent but challenging teachers. Have one of the top Chorus programs in Georgia which we were pleasantly surprised to discover! Large number of excellent AP classes.

Last modified Kennesaw Mountain High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.