Kennesaw, GA

Palmer Middle School 5

Posted November 12, 2014
Not sure about the few bad experiences on here. Over the past year an a half Palmer has become one of the best schools in the county. This is my second child who has come through and the administration has created a whole new climate of success! They are very responsive to parents and students needs and want parents to now be involved in the everyday activity.

Posted September 22, 2014
Palmer Middle school is not a good choice academically. this review will have the same amount of effort that the school reflects into it students which is none due to the fact that is only allows 1200 chars. thanks bye

Palmer Middle School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
My school is a pretty bad environment for a 6th grader like me. I get bullied almost every day. People in my school try to act like they are gangsters and when I ask a question to one of my teachers a question they kind of just shrug it off and take the next persons question. Overall its pretty bad but the extra activities are good.

Palmer Middle School 4

Posted April 25, 2014
Palmer middle school has great teachers, music, and art classes. The only flaw is the students. You'll have some great friends but some students will annoy you. They will chew gum even though it wasn't allowed in elementary school. They will curse on the middle of class and the teachers will pretend not to hear. All in all, Palmer is a great school with a couple of downsides.

Palmer Middle School 4

Posted February 09, 2014
This is my first year at Palmer and I must say; it's a very qualified school. It has its pros and cons, though. For an example, some teachers such as Mrs. Esserwein and Mrs. Holder are good in the case of a student's problem. The bad news is the students. Some of them are the rowdiest kids you'll ever see. They'll be sneaking past teachers and hanging out in groups, and worse, getting detention almost every week! However, the music and arts program is AMAZING! It's something I look forward to every day.

Posted December 05, 2013
Some of the teachers here should not be teaching! Ms. Bobb in 7th grade is a miserable human being. Administration is useless & phony. Principal that retired (Wentworth) was the worst.

Palmer Middle School 5

Posted December 05, 2013
Middle school has been proven to be very challenging for students, parents, and teachers. My daughter is in sixth grade and, based on what I heard prior to her attending Palmer, I was very apprehensive to send her. Instead, I determined to be an "active" parent for my daughter. I immediately enrolled her in the Palmer Band, made appointments to speak with her teachers and the staff, and made sure my daughter know what was expected of her each day. I make my name and face known and the Palmer staff see that I care by being there. I am fortunate to be able to take time from work to visit Palmer and be involved. For those parents who feel they do not have the time to constantly visit Palmer for their child(ren) because of financial obligations, I say pick up the phone, send an email, write a letter. Your voice can still be heard for your student(s). Signed, "Active-Momma"
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 04, 2013
Horrible administrators students are treated as irelavant.Worst experience ever for my child. Terrible learning environment.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 13, 2013
Go out of the way to make sure parents are not involved. Cannot access Pinacle (grades online) unless you drive to the school and request it. I am disabled and work from home, but they refuse to mail, email, or send access home with my daughter. She is failing three classes and when I called the counselor she had never met with my daughter and said she is too busy and that 70% of the students are failing math. Teachers refuse to email me and let me know what that nights homework is and their blogs are never updated. I asked for any help available and the only help is before school and after school tutoring, which she goes to but she does not ask for help in tutoring. The teachers in tutoring do not check to see what work needs to be done and insure that the students do them. I was told the only way we could get any extra help is if she is a discipline problem, taking drugs, homeless, or if English was her second language. I am very frustrated with this school and it's staff.

Palmer Middle School 2

Posted January 17, 2013
The majority of the teachers are great, the band/orchestra programs are strong, and the front office staff is friendly. Unimpressive administration, though.There may be no gangs, but you have kids walking around that think they are in one. Bullying is something that definitely happens and is often not detected or reported. You'd be surprised. A warning to parents that may have concerns, address them via e-mail and keep everything in writing.

Palmer Middle School
690 N Booth Rd NW, Kennesaw, GA  30144
Last modified Palmer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palmer Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top