Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted June 03, 2016
I'm not sure why Bullard's greatschools rating went from a "9" to a "6." This is definitely a "9" school. Every aspect of my child's education has been excellent - teachers, staff, technology, etc. The parents are very involved and there is an abundance of extracurricular activities like Lego builders, drama, chess, karate, cheerleading, piano, guitar, etc. The teachers are creative and think outside the box, which has helped my child to see that learning is fun. My child has grown and thrived at Bullard!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted April 08, 2016
Teachers have been great with the kids as a whole. They appear to have an interest in the children and appear to care about them. Again, this is the teachers - NOT the administration.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted April 08, 2016
My kids have had almost no homework from teachers for grades 1-4. I fear that when they reach middle school they will truly be unprepared for the work that will be required.

Bullard Elementary School 3

Posted April 08, 2016
I have two sons in Bullard Elementary. We have had wonderful teachers that truly care about the kids, however we have seen a tremendous decline over the last 2 school years. This decline is in the way our children are treated (by admin staff, not teachers), and particularly in the manner in which the principal (Patrice Moore) speaks to and treats the children and their parents. Ms. Moore's placement at this school can be used as a mile-marker showing exactly when the decline of the school started. She treats students poorly, is arrogant and condescending to childrens' parents and does not **ever** respond to emails OR voicemails left. This woman has destroyed a school which, to date has been wonderful. We moved to this area and specifically chose a house in the area services by this school because we were impressed with the ratings and the experiences of our friends who had children in this school. I can say now that we have begun to regret this decision and are seriously considering having our children pulled from this school after the close of this year and transferring them elsewhere. I have to say that I am more than disappointed in the CCSD administration for allowing this woman to come in and destroy what was once a wonderful place to learn,

Posted April 08, 2016
I'm not sure how exactly the new lower rating for Bullard was calculated as it used to have a 9/10 rating, but parents new to the area should not let that deter them. Bullard is an excellent school. I admit I had some unhappy experiences with some of the staff previously, but it was really just miscommunication and going through some trying personal family issues that led to the issues, and everything was resolved after a time. Academically, Bullard is a great school. My son attended a previous elementary school I did not feel was up to par. He has been at Bullard now for 4 years and will be moving on to the middle school next. While Bullard is not perfect and I feel that there are definitely areas where improvement is possible, Bullard still exceeds what I would expect from an elementary school. I have three children, and all of my sons' kindergarten and first grade teachers, particularly kindergarten, have been amazing. I highly recommend Bullard for its educational offerings and parental involvement.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted April 08, 2016
Would love to thank Mrs. Friedrich for being so wonderful to my son and pushing him to learn.

Posted February 12, 2016
We have been at Bullard for 3 years now and have been very pleased with our experience. Very caring teachers who are willing to go the extra mile for their students!

Posted February 11, 2016
Don't let the new "6" rating scare you. I'm seeing great things at this school! We are new to the area and my daughter has really enjoyed Bullard as a kindergartner, so far. She enjoys her classroom, friends, specials and all of her teachers! I have two other daughters that will eventually go here as well, and hope to be more involved as time allows!

Posted October 26, 2015
This is my kids 3rd year at Bullard and they love their teachers!! The teachers really care about the kids progress and growth!

Posted September 11, 2015
My son is in kindergarten and we love this school! The parents and staff are all very involved. Tons of extracurricular activities to choose from and a real sense of community. Great school in a great district!

3656 Old Stilesboro Rd Nw, Kennesaw, GA  30152
Last modified Bullard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.