Posted June 22, 2014
KCSMA is a wonderful place. When you walk in, it feels like home. The staff truly loves every child and you can see that. They have gone through some growing pains, which is typical of any school that doubles enrollment in a few short years. Parent involvement is very important. Teachers will always have ways for you to volunteer. The PTO is pretty cliquey, but I've found my niche by going straight to the principal and letting her know how I would like to help the school. All in all, a great school and so much better than our local school.

Posted June 22, 2014
Kennesaw Charter is a great school and has the potential to be even better but in order to get there they need new board members and better leadership. Mrs. Frey, the principal, seems to care about the kids and the school but doesn't seems as concerned about the teachers or the morale in the school. The board and some of the office staff don't seem qualified to be in their jobs and need to be replaced. They have been with the school too long and bring baggage into their jobs from the problems the school had in the past.. The communication from the school is very bad. The website rarely works and it seems they always wait until the last minute to send out information. I'm sure it is not the case, but the school board and the office staff just seem very unorganized and seem to not care about keeping the parents informed. I stay with the school because I hope to see change very soon and mostly because my kids love the school, love their teachers, and are getting a great education. The differentiated learning that is used makes all the difference, and so do the small class sizes. With a better school board and stronger leadership, KCSMA could fix many of their problems

Posted June 21, 2014
KCSMA the school that could and hope it will. It is by FAR NOT the "mecca" of public schools. It has great potential, but needs assistance. For the newbies Ms. Frey the principle has done quite a bit to improve the school from it's humble and trouble past, she is dedicated however just a bit abrasive. Seems uninvolved at times and this may come across as not caring, but deep down she cares. Tthe newly appointed VP was not the best candidate and there was some underhanded operations to get him in that position The board members are arrogant , with inappropriate comments and jokes at meetings. The meetings are uninviting and if you are not familiar with the order of operations it may be intimidating. Attend anyway and voice your opinion 90% of the teachers are WONDERFUL, dedicated and caring. The major reason why the school is what it is today. You'll get what you put into your childs education. Parent involvement is a MUST, in the class as well as assisting with committees. The PTO is wonderful and always attempting to make improvements. Please assist, lend a helping hand as much as you can, it REALLY makes a difference. Looking forward to another great year KCSMA veteran

Posted February 17, 2014
I admit that no school is perfect and there are some things that KCSMA is openly working on to get better. However, this is truly the little school that can. I have two children that attend and I am very pleased with the education they have recieved. The principal is extremely dedicated and truly loves the children. The teachers are very dedicated to the children and you can see that when you enter the building. As am involved parent, I see how much the kids love the 5th grade teachers and their CRCT and 5th grade writing scores reflect that. Every year the teachers, administration, and parents look at how they can get better and strive to become better for the students.

Kennesaw Charter Science & Math Academy 1

Posted February 16, 2014
We will be so happy to get our student out of this school ! The teachers and staff all but a few are rude and seem to only care about their school, not the students. If you want to speak to staff or principal, don't bother, they won't speak to mere parents. There is a 5th grade teacher who sais bad things about students all the time. There is no art or band. Students play in a mud field every day for recess, be prepared to buy uniforms all the time. Students have named ASP "after school prison". When you meet the staff you'll see why. Do your child and yourself a huge favor and choose private school.

Kennesaw Charter Science & Math Academy 3

Posted January 14, 2014
I want to love this school but I just can't quite get there. There is no consistency from one classroom to another. Some teachers are good about posting info to their blogs, but not all. They don't even use a consistent blog platform. By Spring Break the burnout factor seems to be in high swing here. I realize it happens everywhere but it seems worse here and a sense of apathy seems to take over for a lot of the staff that lasts til August. There has never been a summer reading list published and school supply lists are always late. Once you buy supplies more often than not once school starts you are told they don't need this or that and that they need things not on the list. The biggest problem I have is that there seem to be a contingent of parents who are unreasonable and I am sure they are very trying for the staff but as a result the staff seems to assume that every parent is unreasonable. My child is doing well here and I keep hoping things will start to click and be more professional. I would say the school is slightly above average with the potential to be great if they could just get a handle on the professionalism and consistency. I feel the students pick up on it too.

Posted September 11, 2013
My husband and I enrolled our son at KCSMA this year and LOVE the school, teachers and parents! Parents have to actively enroll their children here, so every child appreciates the school and really wants to be there! The teachers work so hard to give the students multiple opportunities to learn and review new lessons and techniques! Most of the lessons are emphasized with hands-on learning experiences (practice writing words in the sand, skyping with astronauts at NASA, and practicing spelling through song)! they offer many different ways of learning a new skill, so something will appeal to everyone (no child is left behind)! The specials teachers truly care for each student and show great enthusiasm for their area of focus! There is a heavy parental involvement! The school has a portal website that lists volunteer positions needed and gives the parents plenty of opportunities to get involved! They also allow plenty of opportunities for the older students to demonstrate leadership to the younger ones! I can't tell you enough how much we love KCSMA, the teachers, staff and parents! I always see smiles on the children's faces when I volunteer! They LOVE the school too!

Posted September 10, 2013
We were so excited to get a spot with the 2013-2014 lottery. My daughter is in Kindergarten and tells everyone how much she loves her school and her wonderful teacher. I feel they really try to match the student with the best fitting teacher when possible. Our teacher has a great blog and we receive communications regularly. Mrs. Frey loves the students and the front office staff is very friendly and helpful. They truly welcome parents and there are many opportunities to volunteer. For the parents that work full time there are still many chances to volunteer. We are so happy to be a part of the KCSMA family. We were a little apprehensive leaving our very family oriented Montessori school but those fears quickly left. I highly recommend KCSMA. While the school receives over $1million dollars less than the average public school they truly focus on giving our children the best education possible. If you just want a bus to pick up/drop off your child and the teacher do all the work, then KCSMA might not be the right fit for you. If you want a place where your child is valued and your as a parent are wanted then it is a great choice!

Posted September 10, 2013
The school now has a tremendous new and modern facility. All of the staff are very motivated and professional. There is a scheme in place to encourage parental involvement too. The number of students has grown considerably over the past few years though and I do feel it loses its small family feel due to that. I do wish they would return Spanish to the curriculum and extend their sports activities with school teams too.

Posted September 09, 2013
My son and I LOVE KCSMA. I don't know what I would do without this option. I'm already worrying if they will be adding the middle school option. KCSMA IS THE BEST.

Kennesaw Charter Science & Math Academy
3010 Cobb Parkway North, Kennesaw, GA  30144
Last modified Kennesaw Charter Science & Math Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kennesaw Charter Science & Math Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 205 reviews. Top