Mcclure Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1133 students

Posted June 6, 2014

This school has been great, the teachers we very helpful. While I expected it to be a bad transition to 6th grade it was anything but. The teachers helped my daughter while challenging her at the same time. They when out of there way to be there for tutoring and clubs. Love this school! They offer numerous incentives so the children want to be successful.

Posted June 1, 2013

I unfortunately must agree with the negative comments. This is not the same school as it was in 2011/2012. I believe the change is due to having several new and inexperienced administrators who seem overwhelmed. These administrators also appear to be intimidated by the few marginal teachers they have. The school does have good teachers, but they do not have the attention of the administration. The focus is on these marginal teachers rather than even the students. It appears that the students don't really matter here anymore. I hope that they get things turned back around. It was such a nice school.

Posted April 18, 2013

Well 6th grade was a nightmare, the homeroom teacher Campbell could care less about transitioning the kids. 7th grade has been better, but still a constant battle. The teachers are overloaded and when they make a curriculum change the school board isn't making sure that the teachers are prepared. The teachers don't communicate with one another at all about the workload.

Posted January 12, 2013

I must say, "Is my child in the same school?" Because I have experienced nothing but apathetic teachers with no courtesy for the students or parents. They appear overworked and underpaid, therefore shotty teaching ability. I cannot wait to get my child out of there.

Posted April 30, 2012

From the moment you walk into McClure Middle school, you can tell it is not your ordinary middle school. The kids open the door for you, the teachers smile, the atmosphere is happy. There is an high expectation for achievement and behavior at McClure that helps ready students for high school. It has a foundation of wonderful, caring teachers and a very strong administration who cares.

Posted July 6, 2011

This is the best school and we have had a wonderful 2 years and are looking forward to 8th grade. The leadership of the principal and the teachers are top notch! We love our community!

Posted May 22, 2010

I am a current teacher of 7 years experience in the field. I have taught in Fulton County as well as Cobb County. I have not found a student body, faculty, and principal that model Enthusiasm, Excellence, Ingenuity, and Encouragement to the caliber found at McClure Middle School. It is truly a great place to teach, slotted in a community that cares about the education of its children.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 19, 2010

My son is in the 7th grade and in his 2nd year at McClure. This school is by far the best thing that has happened to us since moving to the area in the summer of 2008. The teachers are absolutely wonderful, caring, truly the most dedicated professionals we have ever experienced. Words cannot express my gratitude to these wonderful people, they are simpy the best!

Posted November 16, 2009

i loved this school so much! i regret that i took advantage of staying that im going to one of the california school i wish i took pictures of all the wonderful things my friends and i did there. You would not regret taking your child to this school. I went there for 2 years but sadly i had to move. The teachers are great the extra curriculum activities are great matter of fact the whole school is great!

Posted November 18, 2008

My child is SO happy at McClure. Her teachers are wonderful and so caring. If I need to get in touch with them, they always get back to me quickly. Wonderful counselors and staff.

Posted November 18, 2008

Quite impressed with McClure Middle School. Overall, a great learning experience for my child.

Posted November 17, 2008

Overall a good school. I don't like the fact I never see any grades come home. I understand and check on iparent. But, I want to see papers. How do I know what my child missed? Also, being a teacher myself, I have graded papers in error. Like I said overall it's a good school. They do need to work on communication!

Posted June 1, 2008

Excellent school. My child was encourage to learn on a daily basis. She loves going to McClure. The parents are involved with the school.

Posted June 1, 2008

I love my school. My friends are great. I am always learning. I feel like I can talk to my teachers about anything. It's a little strict on what we wear, but that's okay.

Posted May 18, 2008

I go to McClure and everyday when my mom asks me 'How was your day?' I don't ever respond wtih 'good.' I always come back with a word like 'Amazing!' 'Wonderful!' Then, I tell her all about my day because I enjoyed every moment about it. All the teachers and staff are nice and encouraging. Everyone has a great day at McClure. You simply cannot help it!

Posted March 7, 2008

I have 1 child presently in McClure and one that has graduated. This is a great school. Great administration and teachers. All staff care about children and put learning first. I moved my family because my daughter felt unsafe at her previous middle school. This school is very safe and my children are thriving.

Posted February 10, 2008

great school, totally awesome teachers, and tons of fun. Luv it!!

Posted August 5, 2007

Terrible experience requiring us to pull our student by the 4th 9 weeks.Consulting with guidance counselor during the year, verbal harassing led to physical threats. Repeated pleas by myself and my student resulted in nothing. Encourage your kids to talk to you and document dates and content of conversations with school personnel.

Posted April 13, 2007

It's a great school - new so they are still trying to get a clear proces on things. Only 2 things that I think needs improvement is better homework help for the kids, and a homework hotline.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 92% in 2013.

339 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

336 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 96% in 2013.

337 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

344 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

344 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 93% in 2013.

368 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

358 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 95% in 2013.

366 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 85% in 2013.

369 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

369 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

364 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

359 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 97% in 2013.

364 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

367 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

368 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 82% in 2012.

394 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

3660 Old Stilesboro Rd NW