Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 11, 2016
Those that we've encountered have been very effective. They alerted us when there was a change in progress, which allowed us to intervene in a timely manner.

Posted August 11, 2016
This is our 2nd year @ McClure; and we are very pleased with the experience. The teachers are awesome. They keep us (parent) in the loop with our kid's school progress. This is great in that it takes the village to educate a child. Administration has been great. They stick to the district polices and inform us of any concerns that come up. The environment is warm and friendly and the students are quite pleasant. -Proud parent of McClure student

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 01, 2016
Overall, the homework balance is just right. There are some nights where he gets quite a bit (1-2 hours of math), but there other nights where he doesn't have much homework.

Posted January 01, 2016
I've been happy with this school thus far. My son started 6th grade this year and is in mainly advanced content (AC) classes. He has been appropriately challenged and has to work hard to do well. He has enjoyed extra-curricular activities and the general climate of the school. Other parents that we've talked to have a similar view, which is good. We want our son to be challenged in school and to have his critical thinking skills tested and improved.

Mcclure Middle School 1

Posted May 20, 2015
This school does have some really good teachers but the administration is so unprofessional and inexperienced. My child had an incident in 7th grade my husband and I took to the administrator but the assistant principal refused to let us ever speak with the principal. And the principal never returned our phone calls or replied to our emails. So we decided to let it go. This year hasn't been any better! My child was injured (head injury) during the Olympic games and was told to sit outside (high 80's) on the bleachers. The teachers never checked on my child after that and after a few hours my child complained of feeling dizzy and needed to go to the office. I finally received a phone call from the nurse around 3:00 stating my child was injured and I needed to come pick up. The nurse said she wasn't sure why my child was just now coming up there, but they must have still been playing in the games. My child said that wasn't true and didn't play after the injury. The school was obviously trying to cover themselves... All I can say is thank heavens my child didn't have a concussion and is going into high school next year!

Posted June 06, 2014
This school has been great, the teachers we very helpful. While I expected it to be a bad transition to 6th grade it was anything but. The teachers helped my daughter while challenging her at the same time. They when out of there way to be there for tutoring and clubs. Love this school! They offer numerous incentives so the children want to be successful.

Mcclure Middle School 2

Posted June 01, 2013
I unfortunately must agree with the negative comments. This is not the same school as it was in 2011/2012. I believe the change is due to having several new and inexperienced administrators who seem overwhelmed. These administrators also appear to be intimidated by the few marginal teachers they have. The school does have good teachers, but they do not have the attention of the administration. The focus is on these marginal teachers rather than even the students. It appears that the students don't really matter here anymore. I hope that they get things turned back around. It was such a nice school.

Mcclure Middle School 3

Posted April 18, 2013
Well 6th grade was a nightmare, the homeroom teacher Campbell could care less about transitioning the kids. 7th grade has been better, but still a constant battle. The teachers are overloaded and when they make a curriculum change the school board isn't making sure that the teachers are prepared. The teachers don't communicate with one another at all about the workload.

Mcclure Middle School 1

Posted January 12, 2013
I must say, "Is my child in the same school?" Because I have experienced nothing but apathetic teachers with no courtesy for the students or parents. They appear overworked and underpaid, therefore shotty teaching ability. I cannot wait to get my child out of there.

Posted April 30, 2012
From the moment you walk into McClure Middle school, you can tell it is not your ordinary middle school. The kids open the door for you, the teachers smile, the atmosphere is happy. There is an high expectation for achievement and behavior at McClure that helps ready students for high school. It has a foundation of wonderful, caring teachers and a very strong administration who cares.

3660 Old Stilesboro Rd Nw, Kennesaw, GA  30152
Last modified Mcclure Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.