1-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is assigned each day, and a parent needs to sign off on their daily work.

Great school! After having our two daughters attend St. Catherine Pre-School (a wonderful experience), my wife and I decided to enroll them at SCS, and haven't been disappointed. Sister Mary Jacinta, Father Neil, along with the staff make a great team, along with being very hands-on, and welcoming. The last four years have been a great, not to mention the religious aspect they are exposed to. My wife and I feel the amount of homework each night is appropriate to the grade level, and feel our daughters are a year or two ahead. Additionally, we appreciate the small class sizes (~ two per grade). SCS recently invested significant time and money into Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM), and we are looking forward to the next five years here.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Some are more effective than others but overall a great school.

I am an alumi for SCS and it was hands down the best 9 years of my life. I began the school in kindergarten and graduated in the 8th grade. Being with the same class of only 44 students for so long really made the whole experience feel like a family. They do a really phenomenal job of applying the Catholic faith into everyday activities, especially with the Dominican Sisters who are great. Everyone in this school is basically just a good person. There are amazing teachers in all grades. The athletic program at this school is a solid 10/10 and everyone should get involved!!! There were never any bullying problems or anything of the sort. There are several activities throughout at the year that really bring the student body to grow closer. Many memories were made for me and many others and graduating was probably one of the hardest things I had to do. I 10/10 recommend this school for everyone. Go blazers!!!!!

SCS is a warm, faith filled environment dedicated to supporting parents in the Catholic formation of their children. In addition to a strong faith foundation, SCS has a strong academic curriculum, preparing the children for high school. We have been at SCS for 8 years and have been very blessed to be a part of this wonderful community. My daughter is very prepared for high school.

We love SCS! They offer a safe yet academically challenging environment where we as a family can continue to practice and strengthen our love of God.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Our children are challenged and the homework is clearly laid out by each teacher. The kids handle it well.

My wife and I are often amazed at our 4 children's grasp of our Catholic Faith and how it shows in their daily life; in how they love God and treat people. The Dominican Sisters charism shines through in focused and dedicated Spiritual Formation. Academic Excellence is manifest not only in our kids' knowledge and testing achievements but in their grasp of critical and creative thinking as well. In 7 years the teachers have been extremely supportive and responsive. I’ve never been let down in a teacher exchange. Sr. Mary Jacinta (principal) and Father Neil (pastor) make a great team. They have created an environment where united with family, teachers and staff, the children have an exceptional and rewarding elementary school experience. We are blessed to be there. I highly recommend St Catherine of Siena.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are very effective. With 3 children in the school we have seen a variety of teaching styles. All are effective and even though I was reticent at first with some teachers, I always see their strengths a few weeks into the school year. I have also had productive conversations with them when I had concerns and they were addressed. Most issues my children had going into the school year were identified and drastically improved over the year.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

They take bullying very seriously and I would advise anyone with issues to go straight to Sister (the principal). My children are in lower grades but bullying has been a focus and they tell us all about who get a warning or a bee taken away (this is a 1st grade thing where if you lose a bee that's a bad thing).

Last modified St Catherine Of Siena Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8