1-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Don't waste your time with this school if your child has special learning needs. You will be talked up at first because they want your money but then will not accept your child into their school. I am a member of this church and they turned away my daughter because her test scores were low but she has high grades on her report card. SHE DOESN'T"T TEST well. They judge only on test scores and not how well your child does in the class room. I have been a member with the church for 41 years and I was turned away. My child needs private school for that individual attention she won't get in a public school but was turned away by this school to fend for her self in the public area. SHAME ON YOU St. Catherines!!! I have no trust in the catholic faith anymore who would turn away a child in need. We are looking at OTHER accepting Christian school now. The lack of communication is HORRIBLE!! Administration will not return emails or phone calls. BEWARE!!!

St. Catherine of Siena School has been an absolute blessing for my children and my family. We moved from another state 2 years ago, when my youngest child was entering Kindergarten. Two weeks before school started, we did not know where my child was going to go, as we were on the waiting list for St. Catherine's. This was a very stressful time for my family, especially my kindergartner. Luckily a position opened up for my daughter and she was able to go to St. Catherine’s. My daughter’s view of our new living situation could have gone either way, good or bad. I am so thankful that she has absolutely flourished in our new town and I attribute this to her school. There are several reasons why. First, St. Catherine of Siena School offers an especially loving environment. This can be attributed to the fact that it is run by the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia, an order of Sisters that place great importance on education. These sisters spend at least four years studying religious theology. In addition, they earn undergraduate and graduate degrees in education. These women have devoted their lives to their vocation. The benefits that my child receives from this dedication are invaluable and unique to St Catherine of Siena within the Atlanta Archdiocese. My own faith has grown as my children come home and teach me what they have learned. Second, academically my child seems to be ahead of many of the children that she plays with in our neighborhood who attend public school. The curriculum at St Catherine's is designed to give each child the opportunity to excel at their own pace using the Accelerated Reader and I Math programs. St. Catherine’s is a Blue Ribbon school and there is an effort to move towards making the school a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) designated school. Third, the school is very responsive to problems that arise. This year, St. Catherine's has exceeded all of my expectations. There is a new, wonderful, principal and there is also a new priest at the church. Both are very engaged with the students and the school. Frequently you will see both the priest and principal in the morning, standing at the front door or in the parking lot, welcoming the children to school for that day. In addition a garden is being added this year so that it can be utilized as another method of teaching. I feel so blessed that I found this loving school that feels like a second family to me and I highly recommend it.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is assigned each day, and a parent needs to sign off on their daily work.

Great school! After having our two daughters attend St. Catherine Pre-School (a wonderful experience), my wife and I decided to enroll them at SCS, and haven't been disappointed. Sister Mary Jacinta, Father Neil, along with the staff make a great team, along with being very hands-on, and welcoming. The last four years have been a great, not to mention the religious aspect they are exposed to. My wife and I feel the amount of homework each night is appropriate to the grade level, and feel our daughters are a year or two ahead. Additionally, we appreciate the small class sizes (~ two per grade). SCS recently invested significant time and money into Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM), and we are looking forward to the next five years here.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Some are more effective than others but overall a great school.

I am an alumi for SCS and it was hands down the best 9 years of my life. I began the school in kindergarten and graduated in the 8th grade. Being with the same class of only 44 students for so long really made the whole experience feel like a family. They do a really phenomenal job of applying the Catholic faith into everyday activities, especially with the Dominican Sisters who are great. Everyone in this school is basically just a good person. There are amazing teachers in all grades. The athletic program at this school is a solid 10/10 and everyone should get involved!!! There were never any bullying problems or anything of the sort. There are several activities throughout at the year that really bring the student body to grow closer. Many memories were made for me and many others and graduating was probably one of the hardest things I had to do. I 10/10 recommend this school for everyone. Go blazers!!!!!

SCS is a warm, faith filled environment dedicated to supporting parents in the Catholic formation of their children. In addition to a strong faith foundation, SCS has a strong academic curriculum, preparing the children for high school. We have been at SCS for 8 years and have been very blessed to be a part of this wonderful community. My daughter is very prepared for high school.

We love SCS! They offer a safe yet academically challenging environment where we as a family can continue to practice and strengthen our love of God.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Our children are challenged and the homework is clearly laid out by each teacher. The kids handle it well.

My wife and I are often amazed at our 4 children's grasp of our Catholic Faith and how it shows in their daily life; in how they love God and treat people. The Dominican Sisters charism shines through in focused and dedicated Spiritual Formation. Academic Excellence is manifest not only in our kids' knowledge and testing achievements but in their grasp of critical and creative thinking as well. In 7 years the teachers have been extremely supportive and responsive. I’ve never been let down in a teacher exchange. Sr. Mary Jacinta (principal) and Father Neil (pastor) make a great team. They have created an environment where united with family, teachers and staff, the children have an exceptional and rewarding elementary school experience. We are blessed to be there. I highly recommend St Catherine of Siena.

Last modified St Catherine Of Siena Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8