Posted October 23, 2014
Our concern for our child's safety after multiple bullying incidents prompted us to move to another school. Administration was unresponsive.

Posted October 21, 2014
There are children getting injured in the classrooms due to negligent supervision. We talked with an administrator about this issue and the administrator refused to admit there are problems in the classroom.

Posted October 20, 2014
Saint Catherine of Siena. Do not send your child here if you are looking for a beautiful classical Catholic education. You will find a very secular and public school level low grade, cheap ELA and Math curriculum which has Common Core workbooks being passed off as "normal". The Principal has no leadership or people skills. Stay away, not worth your money.

Posted October 04, 2014
Rigorous academics. Skilled and dedicated teachers. Blue Ribbon School No common core! Far better discipline than any government (public) school can provide. Excellent religeous and moral instruction. Best elementary school that we could have chosen. We drive 15 miles one-way and spend the $$ for tuition for all of our kids for all that SCS has to offer. No regrets at all!

Posted September 27, 2014
Bullying by kids. Apathy from Principal. She refuses to deal with the reality of today's children's issues and stresses. The principal is disengaged. She avoids discussion of issues and resolution is never reached. Our child was bullied by the girls here. It was reported, nothing done. Our child was assaulted by another child. It was reported, child told it didn't happen. Our child was ridiculed, along with others, by the PE Teacher. He made them jump on top of a child (ours), pile up and then took photos and laughed, posted the photos on facebook and other places. Our child was devastated and injured. After demands by us for resolution, the PE Teacher apologized and then later told our child she got him in trouble. This is not the "blue ribbon" school it is listed as. Something is wrong with leadership here. Several other parents with 4th - 6th grade students have left after similar experiences recently. Something needs to be done. The shame of it is that there are some wonderful teachers there. The experience overall though is demeaning, disengaged, disappointing and appalling that such things would be tolerated in a Christian environment. Do not send your children here.

St Catherine Of Siena Catholic School 2

Posted August 25, 2014
Don't be fooled. I have to say, I honestly hated the experience I had here. I was bullied pretty bad, especially in 4th grade, when other students would call me awful names and trip me and kick me and other awful things. Boy, am I glad I am out of that prison. The guidance counselour at the time didn't really do much to stop it, but I heard they got a new counselour after the old one had a baby. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend SCS. I guess maybe it just wasn't a good fit for me? Enroll at your own risk. I know people there who absolutely love it. My advice is to enroll your child if you want to, but if your kid comes home crying saying that kids are being mean, its time to call some parents. And don't rely on the school to handle things.

Posted August 14, 2013
St. Catherine of Siena's school is a solid place of learning. The teachers and staff are highly engaged, immensely positive and are well responsive to parents. The sense of community with everyone involved is high and certainly inclusive to new arrivals to the school. On an academic level the school is pretty strong, as one should expect from a private school. And from what I've seen, any deficiencies are openly acknowledged by the staff and addressed relatively quickly. And finally, the most important part, my wife and I are seeing the school's positive and balanced effect on our child every day.

Posted January 12, 2013
My child has been attending St. Catherine of Siena for the last six years and it has been amazing! The teachers are always very nice and they let their students have fun while learning. They also have many sports and activities to try. This is the best Catholic school in Atlanta!

Posted August 01, 2011
My children has been assisting to this school for years now and we just have wonderful things to say about the staff, the principal, discipline and academics of this school. My kids love it and for them is like a second home. I highly recommended to all parents who wants to offer to their children not the basic but a whole different environment where they can grown, learn and have an extraordinary academic experience.

St Catherine Of Siena Catholic School 0

Posted April 15, 2010
We have been attending this school since 2004 and are happy with the academic and religious education provided. The Sisters add much to the school both academically and spiritually and the administration is top notch. I've read a few of the reviews and disagree with some points. The '7 minutes of silence' at lunch (which is 30 minutes long) is to ensure that the students take time to eat their lunch. After the 7 minutes of silence is over, they are allowed to talk at inside voice level. After the prayer, they are released to recess and can run, play and shout to their heart's content. Part of an education is to learn discipline and respect for self and others. I see no reason why students need to be super noisy at school. They can do that at recess or at home. The teachers are well-educated, excellent, and kind.

St Catherine Of Siena Catholic School
1618 Ben King Road, Kennesaw, GA  30144
Last modified St Catherine Of Siena Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Catherine Of Siena Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top