PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We consistently have a 95+% satisfaction rate on our parent surveys. I strongly believe that partnership is essential to getting complete resolution. Being a small school has many advantages, including the ability to work one-on-one with families if any issues arise. Please read our reviews on Kudzu.com and Yelp.com as well, where we have 100+ reviews that reflect more than is available on this site. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me to discuss. Sincerely, Lynn McKinnon, Head of School
March 22, 2016

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness:
SCHOOL LEADER
Teachers are provided support in many ways to help be as effective as possible. Foundations provides training classes, but more importantly, they have daily interactions with other teachers and administrators in a collaborative environment, so they have constant support to do what they are trying to achieve in their classrooms. Foundations also covers the materials costs for everything the teacher needs in their classroom, so they have no out-of-pocket teaching costs, which would limit what kind of experiences they could provide to their students.

Amount of homework:
SCHOOL LEADER
Numerous studies over the years have shown that homework is not beneficial for elementary age students for the most part. Because of this, we limit the homework assignments to reinforcement of key topics, and to a very limited amount of time.

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
One of the strengths of our program is the collaborative learning environment. Students develop important character traits such as honesty, integrity, and fairness by working together to create a strong sense of community in their classrooms. When an issue arises, the teacher takes the time to guide them through the process of solving the issue, empowering them with the knowledge that they can be a part of the solution.

Message to families
Posted March 22, 2016

My son and another child that I know of went to Foundations from preschool to Kindergarten. When they transferred to public school they we're both placed in remedial English due to their inability to read at the same level of other public school children. School is too focused on STEM education and disregards basics of reading.

This school is amazing. I have a 15 month old in the childcare program and a 6 year old in 1st grade and they love it. My daughter, 15 months, has a big smile anytime she is dropped off; and every Friday my son always talks about how excited he is to go back to school! Class room sizes are small and the children get great individual attention. When your children attend Foundations you feel as if you are part of a family.

This school is the best! From the staff/administration to the programs for the kids! Our son is learning at a rapid pace. Their love and logic disciplinary system is a great way to give the kids structure while maintaining and building their self esteem! They always do their best to go the extra mile!

Foundations is a great school, and the teachers are amazing. The change in my child's interest in academic areas since beginning the Pre-K program at FFTF has been amazing and i'm so pleased with her growth. I feel that Foundations has done a fabulous job in helping to prepare my child for kindergarten. I have had a few issues that needed to be addressed, and am happy to report that the staff at FFTF is more than willing to speak with parents and resolve issues as they may arise. I velieve that FFTF does a fine job of preparing children for a successful future school experience, while also allowing them to have the freedom of exploration, and being a self motivated to learn and experience new skills.

Great environment, overall great staff, and a home away from home for my child who has been attending Foundations for the Future for 6 years now. I have had few concerns here and there but nothing major, it was addressed and taken care of immediately through the partnership of my child's teacher, administration, and myself. I enrolled my child into a public school for a few months and ran back to Foundations : ) My daughter loves coming to school!!

Foundations is the only place I would send my daughter! As a first time mom, I had so many worries but the staff and administration at FFTF has worked with me through all of my "moments" with understanding and support. My daughter has yet to have a day where she displayed any anxiety about my leaving. There are days she pushes out of my arms reaching for her teachers or just to get down and play. A HUGE benefit of Foundations and the most important one to me is they are a breastfeeding friendly school. I have been able to breastfeed my daughter at lunch and before I take her home for the day. They have comfortable areas where we can enjoy being together for a feeding. I have never felt uncomfortable with the staff about breastfeeding. Foundations also provides wonderful services to document everything! They send daily Discovery Reports with pictures of what they are doing in class. Now that my daughter is getting older, it is amazing to be able to look through my email and see her first days. I also registered for a Scrapbook service they provide, where I receive a scrapbook page each month. Foundations helps me by taking so many pictures of my daughter and sharing them with me!

Last modified Foundations for the Future is a Private school that serves grades PK-8