School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

As you look through the reviews on this site, please give strong consideration to the families that have been with us for many years. We consistently have a 95+% satisfaction rate on our parent surveys. I strongly believe that partnership is essential to getting complete resolution. Being a small school has many advantages, including the ability to work one-on-one with families if any issues arise. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me to discuss. Sincerely, Lynn McKinnon, Head of School
April 03, 2014

Posted October 06, 2014
This school is amazing. I have a 15 month old in the childcare program and a 6 year old in 1st grade and they love it. My daughter, 15 months, has a big smile anytime she is dropped off; and every Friday my son always talks about how excited he is to go back to school! Class room sizes are small and the children get great individual attention. When your children attend Foundations you feel as if you are part of a family.

Posted October 06, 2014
This school is the best! From the staff/administration to the programs for the kids! Our son is learning at a rapid pace. Their love and logic disciplinary system is a great way to give the kids structure while maintaining and building their self esteem! They always do their best to go the extra mile!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 03, 2014

Posted March 04, 2014
Foundations is a great school, and the teachers are amazing. The change in my child's interest in academic areas since beginning the Pre-K program at FFTF has been amazing and i'm so pleased with her growth. I feel that Foundations has done a fabulous job in helping to prepare my child for kindergarten. I have had a few issues that needed to be addressed, and am happy to report that the staff at FFTF is more than willing to speak with parents and resolve issues as they may arise. I velieve that FFTF does a fine job of preparing children for a successful future school experience, while also allowing them to have the freedom of exploration, and being a self motivated to learn and experience new skills.

Foundations for the Future 4

Posted February 23, 2014
Great environment, overall great staff, and a home away from home for my child who has been attending Foundations for the Future for 6 years now. I have had few concerns here and there but nothing major, it was addressed and taken care of immediately through the partnership of my child's teacher, administration, and myself. I enrolled my child into a public school for a few months and ran back to Foundations : ) My daughter loves coming to school!!

Posted February 19, 2014
Foundations is the only place I would send my daughter! As a first time mom, I had so many worries but the staff and administration at FFTF has worked with me through all of my "moments" with understanding and support. My daughter has yet to have a day where she displayed any anxiety about my leaving. There are days she pushes out of my arms reaching for her teachers or just to get down and play. A HUGE benefit of Foundations and the most important one to me is they are a breastfeeding friendly school. I have been able to breastfeed my daughter at lunch and before I take her home for the day. They have comfortable areas where we can enjoy being together for a feeding. I have never felt uncomfortable with the staff about breastfeeding. Foundations also provides wonderful services to document everything! They send daily Discovery Reports with pictures of what they are doing in class. Now that my daughter is getting older, it is amazing to be able to look through my email and see her first days. I also registered for a Scrapbook service they provide, where I receive a scrapbook page each month. Foundations helps me by taking so many pictures of my daughter and sharing them with me!

Posted February 11, 2014
Found FFTF in 2007 when my son was 1. Enrolled immediately and have been there ever since. I now have a son in first grade and a son in a 3 yr old preschool class. They are excited everyday to get to school and it is their home away from home. This is not a daycare, it truly is a creative school for children - from the infant room all the way to 6th grade. The daily communication is my favorite part. With the daily emails of their class activities in my inbox before I pick them up, I am able to talk to my kids about their day and feel like I was there, even though I have to be at work. Forget the days of asking your child, "what did you do today?" and getting the answer, "nothing." Go here and you have the ability to be apart of your children's day and school experience, even when you physically can't!

Posted February 10, 2014
Foundations has quickly become part of our family. Which is exactly what we were looking for. With the transition of being a new parent and returning to work, you want somewhere you can trust 100%, and Foundations is that place for us. Everything expectation I was hoping to meet as far as communication with teachers, development, cleanliness, and overall open mindedness towards out of the box thinking, they had. I love the photo updates throughout the week, and that they are always doing new and exciting things! Having come from a family with an education background, it was going to be hard to except just the ordinary school system, so Foundations was exactly what I was looking for when it came to something 'more' for my child. I am looking forward to my boy's progression throughout the classrooms here, and have no doubt we will grow with them through the years!

Posted February 10, 2014
I love this school! I feel so blessed that it exists in our area. I love the child's interest-led learning; teachers are skilled enough to find creative ways to integrate standards of learning (colors, numbers, letters, etc) into my 2 year old's classroom. If want children to sit down and do worksheets, this is NOT the school for you. Children are CONTINUALLY engaged and challenged. Sometimes I feel like I have time to keep my daughter at home but I cannot come up with the creative, fun activities they do everyday at this school! My daughter has so much fun and is always coming home with something new she has learned. I love the daily pictures and reports of the activities they do in and out of the classroom. So many indoor or covered play areas for my child to burn off steam in this poor weather, as well large, natural outdoor areas when the weather is decent. Teachers are involved and always telling me specific things my daughter has said or done when I pick her up. I also have a child in the infant room, it is like a well oiled-machine (with lots of love too!); babies are changed and fed on-time/as needed and everything is recorded on daily sheets - AWESOME!

Posted February 06, 2014
We have been attending FFTF since my oldest was 2 and she is now 10 and in the 5th grade. We also have our 7 year old in the first grade. We love this school. If your idea of public school is perfect then this school is not for you. It is not a public school with the benefits of a private school, it is so much more. This out of the box school supports its student s curiosity and creativity. The children can grow at their own pace because, let s face it, children do not develop at the same pace. They allow the kids to learn at their own pace which leads to the kids loving to learn and even teach themselves. The environment at the school is so inviting and screams fun right from the front door. The teachers are very knowledgeable of the most up to date teaching methods and teach subjects based on what the kids are currently interested in. We are so happy to have this school in our community and would recommend it to anyone who wants their kids to enjoy learning and not dread it

Foundations for the Future
1500 Stanley Road NW, Kennesaw, GA  30152
Last modified Foundations for the Future is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Foundations for the Future Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top