Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I'm a parent at the school and the new administration has a new STEM program for high achievers, Advanced Content and Advanced class options for students that want to excel. Lots of wonderful new courses are offered and we have an amazing band program. High achieving kids have plenty to do at this school. The behavior problems are addressed.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Some teachers don't allow people to learn in their own different ways. Some students are auditory learners or tactile ect. But the teachers stick with whatever they want and won't be flexible.

Develops character: Disagree

Teachers twist the truth so that whatever disturbance the student caused sounds worse than it seems and nobody listens to the student. And other students can't stick up because they'll be thrown under the bus as well.

I was a student at PMMS. Frankly I had terrible experiences with the school, but that doesn't mean it's a bad school! I was constantly harassed and bullied and the administration gave the students very mild punishments. The school is clean except for the fact that there is one locker with no combination and the students just throw their trash into it. The education is flawless! The teachers put all of their effort into giving us the best education! A lot of students at PMMS including me didn't feel safe. There were constant altercations between students. Sometimes they were very severe! There are mild threats such as " I will beat her so bad she won't even be able to stand!" There were small "gangs". It wasn't really gangs. It was more " I'm in a group and we all have a secret hand shake and a symbol that we draw on our hand."Due to severe harassment and bullying I had to move schools! To me it shouldn't have had to come to that, but it did. All in all, the education is great, but the administration must take more affirmative action on the bullying problems!

Love this School. Staff, and All of the teachers. Mr. Hoffmeister is the best ever.

Even though the administration is a horrible joke, the rest of the school is very passionate( but not the lunches). Teachers and Mr. Stokes who Is the best admin at the school, help you with a big ol smile on their face, no matter what the issue is. And the music department is like gold and diamonds. It's awesome. I'm a Clarinet player in 8-1 band and the teachers are ready to teach.

I am a first time middle school parent and have a 6th grader at Pine Mountain. We love it! The administration is wonderful - Principal Jackson is terrific! We have had great teachers so far - my child is being challenged and really enjoys his classes. The school is well run, clean and organized. I also volunteer at the school, and the vast majority of the kids are respectful and well behaved. It is too bad that some of the people writing reviews on this site do not really have first hand knowledge of the school. That can make good schools suffer due to carelessness.

All 4 of my children attended Pine Mountain over the past 9 years. We were in a local private school and after the first month at PMMS my oldest said, "I have learned more here than I ever did at , (his previous private school). The administration led by Mrs Jackson, Mr Stokes and Ms Faucett is superb! They truly care about the children and about the staff. All of my children's teachers have challenged them, encouraged them and treated them with respect. My children all thrived there and I recommend this school to anyone looking to put their child in a safe, educationally sound, strong leadership school.

I'm kind of scared to see how KMHS will be in the future due to the kids from Pine Mountain. (Im a sophomore at KMHS) . Ive heard alot of bad things from people i know about the kids in PMMS. They spit water on eachother, they push eachother around in the all screaming "YEET", They took away their locker breaks because of how bad they are, (Talking about the 2013 8th graders aka Rising Freshmen this year) And when i was there as an 8th grader 2 years ago, The teachers were horrible, my class was bad. (Not anymore) The 7th and 6th graders were horrible. This school is just terrible and staff does nothing about it and teachers have no control over classrooms.

BEST BAND TEACHERS EVER!!! 6TH GRADE. FLUTE PLAYER!!!!!! LOVE MS. ARMBREWSTER AND MRS. STILLS.,... best all around school... anywhere!!!!

Last modified Pine Mountain Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.