Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted August 05, 2016
Mr Eber thanks for somehow getting my daughter to enjoy and do well in Math. Her experience with you has prepared her for honors Math. Mr. Shropshire yo are not my daughters academic adviisor/counselor but you have consistently gone above and beyond to help. Now Mrs. Sedlacek you have the unique pleasure of teaching both my children German. They come home daily with great stories of how much they enjoy your class. to all the staff in the front office,Lisa; attendance office, Jessalyn; book keeping, Cindy, thanks for always being so pleasant when I drop by. Thanks NCHS for being the only Cobb county school with a Freshmen Academy to ease the transition from MS to HS. Superb job!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 05, 2016
I am very impressed with the teachers. In three years I really can not recall having a negative experience. I find the teachers are easily accessible to the students and parents. I generally receive a response to my emails in a timely manner. If a meeting were required with a teacher they have been very accommodating. II find the teachers really want each student to succeed and they are willing to put forth the extra effort to ensure the students are given the tools necessary to accomplish their goals. however each student must display some level of personal drive and determination. the teachers strive to meet each student where they are despite the large number of students they interact with daily. I have encountedr only a few teachers who could use an attitude adjustment but they are few and far in between. Actually only one comes to mind.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 05, 2016
I love that North Cobb high School has block schedule so there are 4 classes in a day as opposed to 6. Because the students spend more time in each of their classes they receive more instructional time eliminating the need for long hours of homework therefore leaving more time at home for studying and review as opposed to actual homework assignments. I find the work load reasonable.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 05, 2016
I have never encountered a public school that offers so much in a wide range of academic, cultural, social activities. NCHS offers more foreign languages than any other Cobb county school. They over such a wide range of classes from on level courses to honors to AP (advance). Not many schools offer a 3 tier level of education. for students that might no plan to attend college the school offers a wide range of vocational and technical courses. there is something a North Cobb for everyone. If the student is willing and shows interest the teachers strive to make sure each student is challenged to maximize his or her potential. The teachers are always available for before or after school tutoring.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 05, 2016
I feel North Cobb High School makes every effort to instill good behavior in its students. Again these character tools begin at home. It has been my own personal experience that the staff take a personal interest in ensuring each student is treated with respect. The staff has always been very supportive and encouraging. Because they service so many students, the most of any other Cobb county school they do an exceptional job tending to the needs of their students. As a parent you do have to be willing to be patient and maintain a positive attitude . I gave my children the option to return to private school and they prefer to be at NCHS because they do feel they are treated with kindness and respect.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 05, 2016
The staff at North Cobb high School lead by example. I very involved with my two children that attend North Cobb at home and in their school life in addition to their extra curricular activities.My children have never indicated that they have ever been mistreated or disrespected. They have never shared an instance where a teacher or administrator has not gone out of their way to assist them when needed or asked. My personal experience with the staff as also been consistently very positive. The school encourages all the students be productive citizens. The student must bare the responsibility for his or her own behavior.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 05, 2016
The schools from the teachers to the administrators encourage and demonstrate honesty and integrity. With a school as large as NCHS you will have those students that fall to the way side. But overall I feel the school does an excellent job promoting character in their students. parents I feel must be willing to take a more active tole in shaping the character of students in the home. as parents we have to give the school something to work with. The opportunities and resources at NCHS are endless. It is up to the individual to take advantage of those opportunities.

North Cobb High School 5

Posted August 05, 2016
I currently have a junior and a freshmen at NCHS. I have been involved with NCHS for3 years. We came to NCHS from a private school and I found the education of NCHS equal to that of the private school. The diversity of the school has been great for my kids. The teachers are the most attentive, concerned, dedicated I have found any where. With my military background we have experienced many different schools and I am very pleased with NCHS. I definitely feel they are being prepared for college and the world.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 28, 2015
After browsing through the reviews notice the posting by "a community member" always with a 5-star rating. These posts are done by NCHS staff. Read carefully as they are meant to persuade you to believe a false narrative and cover up certain corruption at the administration level taking place at this school. I once believed the reviews and that is why I moved to the area thinking my kids would have a positive experience. It has been quite the opposite. If you are an intelligent person, you will easily recognize reviews by parents and students will be the most reliable and accurate reflection of NCHS. Nonetheless, there are many great and fantastic teachers who do make a different in the students' lives. Kudos to them for their efforts!

North Cobb High School 2

Posted August 28, 2015
NCHS holds a noticeable double standard for students and adults. Specifically, the football coaches are permitted to curse, falsely accuse, disrespect and bully players without any consequences. During my conversation with a coach I was told kids do not deserve any respect and the kids should resolve their own conflicts without parental involvement. This false narrative is why the coaches behave the way they do and remain loyal to one another! The Code of Conduct parents and students must sign does NOT include a single provision relating to the staff’s behavior. My child has been falsely accused, threatened and humiliated by staff several times. My child was told no matter what the coach says you did you will respect them or else! I have witnessed other parents threatened also. Authorities outside of NCHS have been made aware of these issues and the script was flipped to make the parents and students look bad. FYI, if your child one of the favorites from a wealthy family, you will not have any issues at all. There are some serious changes that need to be implemented to protect the best interest of the students at this school.

3400 Old 41 Hwy Nw, Kennesaw, GA  30144
Last modified North Cobb High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.