Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I am very impressed with the teachers. In three years I really can not recall having a negative experience. I find the teachers are easily accessible to the students and parents. I generally receive a response to my emails in a timely manner. If a meeting were required with a teacher they have been very accommodating. II find the teachers really want each student to succeed and they are willing to put forth the extra effort to ensure the students are given the tools necessary to accomplish their goals. however each student must display some level of personal drive and determination. the teachers strive to meet each student where they are despite the large number of students they interact with daily. I have encountedr only a few teachers who could use an attitude adjustment but they are few and far in between. Actually only one comes to mind.

Amount of homework: Agree

I love that North Cobb high School has block schedule so there are 4 classes in a day as opposed to 6. Because the students spend more time in each of their classes they receive more instructional time eliminating the need for long hours of homework therefore leaving more time at home for studying and review as opposed to actual homework assignments. I find the work load reasonable.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The schools from the teachers to the administrators encourage and demonstrate honesty and integrity. With a school as large as NCHS you will have those students that fall to the way side. But overall I feel the school does an excellent job promoting character in their students. parents I feel must be willing to take a more active tole in shaping the character of students in the home. as parents we have to give the school something to work with. The opportunities and resources at NCHS are endless. It is up to the individual to take advantage of those opportunities.

I currently have a junior and a freshmen at NCHS. I have been involved with NCHS for3 years. We came to NCHS from a private school and I found the education of NCHS equal to that of the private school. The diversity of the school has been great for my kids. The teachers are the most attentive, concerned, dedicated I have found any where. With my military background we have experienced many different schools and I am very pleased with NCHS. I definitely feel they are being prepared for college and the world.

NCHS holds a noticeable double standard for students and adults. Specifically, the football coaches are permitted to curse, falsely accuse, disrespect and bully players without any consequences. During my conversation with a coach I was told kids do not deserve any respect and the kids should resolve their own conflicts without parental involvement. This false narrative is why the coaches behave the way they do and remain loyal to one another! The Code of Conduct parents and students must sign does NOT include a single provision relating to the staff’s behavior. My child has been falsely accused, threatened and humiliated by staff several times. My child was told no matter what the coach says you did you will respect them or else! I have witnessed other parents threatened also. Authorities outside of NCHS have been made aware of these issues and the script was flipped to make the parents and students look bad. FYI, if your child one of the favorites from a wealthy family, you will not have any issues at all. There are some serious changes that need to be implemented to protect the best interest of the students at this school.

I have 2 kids in this High School in 9th grade. Both of them are in Honors and gifted classes and are taking 1 AP course as well. The teachers are excellent and very helpful. Parent communication is also excellent. I was a little worried when I read the reviews but my experience has been very good. Overall - great school, great facilities and good sport options too...

The kids who stink at sports but have rich parents, make everything. But the kids w/yalent and have parents w/average amts of income , HAVE NO SAY SO......WHAT SO EVER!!

I am glad that my son is doing and enjoying his Freshman year at NCHS in the magnet program. The course is rigorous and the teacher care about their students. He has adapted very well by joining clubs and taking pride in his school. North Cobb is an excellent school with responsible teachers and good leadership under Dr. Page. I would definitely recommend this Magnet program.

As a student, I love my school. I believe that the staff is amazing. They are not rude, or mean. I saw comments about the main building... people say it's dirty, wrecked, and trashy. The staff works together to keep them CLEAN and I know the only reason they are ever dirty is because of the students trashing them. The main building is old, but it is still clean. The area of the school is great! My peers are amazing and I love the overall environment. People don't appreciate what they have here, and I guess they expect a perfect school.. It disappoints me that they complain about things that cannot be changed. I love being part of the Warrior family :).

I didn't like this school mostly because they were focused on mostly the dress code and everything else besides having the students getting better grades in their classes. Certain teachers try to write their students up for no apparent or write reasons and other teachers will just try to flunk you for the class that you're taking. I went to this school last year for the year of 2013-2014 and honestly i thought that certain teachers were actually trying to flunk me. This year i prefer K12 because it's a Online Public School and I am PROUD to be in this online school because I have A and B honor roll.

Last modified North Cobb High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.