Kennesaw, GA

Posted April 03, 2014
Our daughter is now in 1st grade at Kennesaw Elementary she also attended Kindergarten there, so we have almost 2 years experience at this institution. I think it is rated lower than it should be personally. Our daughter has had very good experiences here educationally and personally. As a added bit of information one of my parents was involved in education for over 30 years (not cobb but within the state) she is now retired so I was around education my entire life and have seen a lot of examples. My daughter tested out at 98th+ percentile on all the testing and is now in gifted all her primary education has been here minus what she had in pre-K and of course at home. The teachers here are very involved with their students the teacher to student ration is good as well, they also have a secondary teacher in every class, whom I know is not given that title but adequately fills the roll and whom I see as very valuable as well. I am looking at properties and trying to stay here so my daughter can finish here. The Principal, vice Principal and all staff I have met are also very involved at this institution and I would give it an A+ all around personally.

Posted June 12, 2012
This school sets the bar high and helps students achieve great things. The parents are engaged and tons of volunteers are present, and the teachers are first-rate. The PTSA offers many options to parents to support the earning process, and there is genuine concern for each child's development and well-being. The traffic problems are being addressed with new turn lanes from each direction; these are almost complete and should be ready for the new school year. Sadly, the principal is retiring and will be missed for her leadership and positive encouragement.

Posted March 12, 2012
This school is an excellent school! KES has exceeded my expectations in all areas! The teachers are all top notch and teach beyond the standards to challenge all of the students. The school has a very high level of parental involvement! The school provides many extracurricular activites for students to get involved.

Posted June 24, 2011
The academics are great at this school. My daughter was exposed to alot more than the some of the elementary schools on the southside of the district (after consulting with friends who lives in southern Cobb). The front office needs a complete makeover. They are definitely not people friendly at all. I've had to make a complaint about the service I received from the front office. The teachers are very nice though.

Posted May 09, 2011
Agree with last post. Front office personnel not very customer sevice oriented/friendly. I could walk in and front office staff not even acknowledge me. Always had to interrupt their conversation for them to inquire what I needed. Shame, cause teachers and academic and overall school were great! Guess there's always some glitches...My future 3rd grader moving on...

Posted May 04, 2011
I spent many hours at this school as a parent volunteer. My two children attended this school for a total of 5 years, we had to switch to another secondary school for 3rd grade. The teachers my children had were excellent, absolutely loved them! Strong academics and wonderful personalities. In one instance had a problem with a teacher and principal was willing to listen to our grievances. The front office staff is very unapproachable and not friendly. Other than the rudeness of the front office, the entire school is a very pleasant place. Love all of the teachers. The specials teachers are amazing as well, my daughter was in chorus too. Miss the school however traffic outside the school is a huge mess.

Posted October 14, 2010
The educators and parents really care about the foundation to their childrens' educations. It is a large K-2 school with a small town feel.

Posted July 30, 2010
I am a former student of KES and I am incredibly saddened to learn that they went to a PK-2 system. When I attended it went all the way up to 5th grade. I attended several elementary schools (Awtry for PK, Baker for KG, and after I left KES I attended 3 more) and I have to say that to this day I only maintain a strong affection for KES. I truly felt at home there-- properly supported, challenged, and appreciated. Absolutely hands down the BEST teachers, at least when I attended. My first and second grade teacher (she moved up with my class and was so utterly adored that most of the students asked to stay with her. I had severe reading issues when I came to her and by the end of second grade I was reading at a 7th grade level. Here's to you, Mrs. Warden.

Posted May 06, 2010
i have to say that i love this school and so does my daughter. she loved it in kindergarten and it hasn't changed throughout her 1st grade year. i will agree with the parent who wrote that the front office staff isn't approachable or very friendly but everything else including the principle, teachers, the lunchroom staff, and the janitors are amazing.

Kennesaw Elementary School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
Teachers are fun and motivate the kids to do best! Very family oriented and family friendly!

Kennesaw Elementary School
3155 Jiles Rd NW, Kennesaw, GA  30144
Last modified Kennesaw Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Kennesaw Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top