Posted November 24, 2014
I did HB251 to get my son in a better Middle School and he is now a 7th grader at Awtrey Middle School. I am very pleased with the staff of 7th grade teachers (Ms. lipscomb; Ms. Lytle; Mr. Perry; Ms. Smyre and Ms. Thompson). They are dedicated to what they are doing and and strive for academics excellence. my son is being challenged and all of his teachers see his potential for greatness. Ms. Evans as been a support as well as a blessing. I can contact them via email and they get back with me right away. I know my son will continue to do well at Awtrey Middle School because he has the support of his teachers as well as his family. Thanks for all you do.

Posted May 19, 2014
My oldest child attended Awtrey before Jeff Crawford was principal and before the opening of Barber Middle School. Awtrey has made a major transformation since this time and I am pleasantly surprised and proud of this school. Awtrey Middle School is an excellent school. All grades lead as a team and teachers are encouraging students to join groups such as band, orchestra, chorus. My child is an athlete but found he was quite a musician after meeting band teacher Mr. Sessoms. This school is focused on academics and challenging students to do more. The teachers are happy and motivate children in a positive way to do more.

Awtrey Middle School 1

Posted May 07, 2012
This school is the worst I have ever seen with issues of bullying. My child has bullies at school and on the bus and then they taunt him all the way home. No one wants to do anything about it. The school doesn't help with these issues at all. It's out of control at this school. I wouldn't recommend any parent to send their kid to this school. I know several parents with children going through the same issues.

Awtrey Middle School 2

Posted June 28, 2010
I am very disapointed by this school. The teachers try so very hard to keep the students under control, but the students still act up. The students are influenced by the wrong things. The bully rate is sky high here, even I had issues being bullied. The principal leadership is very poor also. And, the ones that are doing their work and making the A's are the ones being bullied because the failing kids are intimidated by their abilty to suceed. It literally takes 20 minutes for the the teacher to get all of the students under control. We spend more time getting lectures than doing schoolwork. Kids here love to fail and be a "bad boy/girl", they simply think it's cool.. The classrooms are way too big for one teacher. This school is cheap and has a terriblle learning envoriment. Period.

Awtrey Middle School 4

Posted April 24, 2010
Awtrey's trachers have been so helpful and cooperative with regards to my son and his special educational needs.

Posted March 02, 2010

Posted January 08, 2010
This is my first year at Awtrey, and I think that this is the BEST school I have ever been to. But for a person like me, I want to be able to show my talents, but there is no kind of group here to join to do that.But other than that, Awtrey is a great school :)

Posted December 18, 2009

Posted August 14, 2009
Awtrey has wonderful teachers, counselors, and administrators that care about the students and their educational goals. The principal does not tolerate bullying or disorderly conduct. Many parents outside of the school think Awtrey has a bad reputation, but it is not true. My child is an honor student at Awtrey.

Posted August 14, 2009

Awtrey Middle School
3601 Nowlin Rd NW, Kennesaw, GA  30144
Last modified Awtrey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Awtrey Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top