Kennesaw, GA
Students enrolled: 1,032

Lost Mountain Middle School 5

Posted August 17, 2014
6th Grade Student I just started Sixth Grade and so far its Awesome. So far we have done a lot of fun projects in my AC classes.

Lost Mountain Middle School 1

Posted August 06, 2013
Just moved to the area and have been very disappointed so far. Have had to send records multiple times, the school seems disorganized and offers absolutely nothing to help new students acclimate. The Meet and Greet felt cold, like the teachers did not even want to be there, and the principal stood formally in the hallway and appeared to have no connection or rapport with students, parents or faculty. I am hoping to warm up to the school, but so far this has been an awful welcome.

Posted May 28, 2013
Lost Mountain has some phenominial teachers like the 6th and 7th grade AC Social Studies teachers. Also the AC math teachers for all grades are excellent. Unfortunately there are no free gifts and this school comes with a price. The music programs and some of the AC classes are outstanding, but some of the teachers don't care. They either yell, or dump a ton of homework on you that you have to stay up till 11:00-12:00 at night doing. We recently got a new principal and all I see her doing is violating the dress code she enforced or is no where to be found. This school needs some work, but all in all this school is pretty nice.

Posted October 06, 2011
I am a 7th grader in Lost Mountain and the only thing that I look forward to is Band! The band teachers know how to tell a joke but relate it to band!! Also the AC social studies teacher for 7th grade is awesome too! It is almost the 2nd semester and 1 of my teachers doesn't even know my name! I'm shy but not that shy! Also there is only 2 teachers that I actually like, the other 2 are terrible! They scream at people all the time because they are so unwell behaved! A LOT of people have already had ISS or silent lunch. Even detention. So there is a lot of distractions during class periods. It can be very annoying and sometimes I wish I went to some other school..... BAND GEEK!

Posted December 07, 2010
Lost Mountain Middle School has some very dedicated teachers but there are a few who do seem to lack the patience and understanding to work with middle school children. Would like to see more energetic/enthusiastic teachers.

Lost Mountain Middle School 2

Posted April 11, 2010
There are few good teachers here....... and many are so........The band program is Outstanding, but thats it...... my child has told me the teachers are very and judgemental just very dont listen to there ideas. The bathrooms are horrible! I do not reconmend this school.

Lost Mountain Middle School 4

Posted March 15, 2010
Friendly administration members, helpful in providing information on upcoming school events open to community volunteers.

Lost Mountain Middle School 5

Posted December 09, 2009

Lost Mountain Middle School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
I have been a teacher at Lost Mountain for 7 years. Many teachers have been here for as long or longer. The fact that teachers stay is a testament to the superiority of the school. The special education department is phenomenal and many teachers have Master's and Specialists degrees. If you're privileged to attend this school, you won't be let down!

Lost Mountain Middle School 2

Posted August 30, 2009
I believe that Lost Mountain Middle School has been overrated. The music program is excellent, but that's about it. Each year LMMS assures parents that their kids will have fun, have great experiences, learn alot, etc., but judging from the two years that I've been a student here and what others have claimed, these statements are rarely accurate. There's alot of fighting, drama and bullying that teachers don't pay attention to. Many students slack off from school work and refuse to behave decently because they know they will get away with it. Kids who struggle to listen and behave get in trouble instead of getting help. Teachers and administrators ignore most students' complaints, such as environmental filthiness, bullying, and more. Based on my experience, I would not recommend Lost Mountain Middle to families that are very concerned about their children's discipline. However, this is solely my opinion, and many people disagree.

Lost Mountain Middle School
700 Old Mountain Rd NW, Kennesaw, GA  30152
Last modified Lost Mountain Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lost Mountain Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top